DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I love a lot of KISS' music, but Gene Simmons might be the only guy outside of the wrestling business that could adequately be described as a mark for himself. Gimmick table game is strong, tho.

Surely you mean the officially-licensed, KISS-logo gimmick table, available for $299.99 plus tax and shipping in the KISS catalog.

• Like 1

Fairly amusing episode of 'The Soup' tonight, with Daniel Bryan as the biggest star poking fun at his crawling across the screen and generally hamming it up all night.  Eva Marie and Naomi struggled to read jokes off the teleprompter, Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole were mildly amusing, while The Miz didn't seem to know whether he was supposed to be in character or not.  Daniel Bryan was a lot of fun, though, he kinda turned in a performance here which makes you think he could actually turn up in a few comedies in bit roles and not embarrass himself.

I can't believe anyone liked Daniel Bryan's appearance last night.  Producers were obviously trying to sabotage his push when they didn't ask him to be permanent host. 

• Like 7

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gene-simmons-partners-wwe-studios-784851

Hey, at least Gene's depthless pockets means they won't go bankrupt. 

Gene Simmons and Vince McMahon.  Now there's a match made somewhere other than Heaven.

But hey, how often is Vince the more likeable of any two given people?  Surely the last time was with Trump.

College Humor generally is pretty funny. There's a lot worse alleged "humor" sites out there. Cracked.com for instance...

Cracked is amazing.

Everyone's a comedian....... Oh wait.

Cracked used to be great, and there video content still tends to be good, but there articles have been getting worse lately.Site feels like it's on a heavy downswing to me.

At least they still have Buckholtz.

Gene Simmons and Vince McMahon.  Now there's a match made somewhere other than Heaven.

But hey, how often is Vince the more likeable of any two given people?  Surely the last time was with Trump.

I thought it was a perfect match too. Then I wondered how Kiss didn't get involved with wrestling sooner, then I remembered WCW.

April indie shows in the greater St. Louis area:

-Saturday 4/4:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO
-Sunday 4/5:  High Risk Wrestling in Belleville, IL
-Saturday 4/11:  Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO; World Powerhouse Wrestling in Jerseyville, IL
-Friday 4/17:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL
-Saturday 4/18:  St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL (Gary Jay vs. Davey Richards); Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in Millstadt, IL (Cowboy Bob Orton appearing); World League Wrestling in Troy, MO (Trevor Murdoch appearing)
-Saturday 4/25:  Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL

Jeremy "SummerFest" Piven?

Gene Simmons and Vince McMahon. Now there's a match made somewhere other than Heaven.

But hey, how often is Vince the more likeable of any two given people? Surely the last time was with Trump.

That MAN-SIZED crossbody made up for it.

Plus, he and Ken Jeong actually made Randy Orton look dangerous.

Jeremy Piven was an underrated host.

Gene Simmons and Vince McMahon. Now there's a match made somewhere other than Heaven.

But hey, how often is Vince the more likeable of any two given people? Surely the last time was with Trump.

That MAN-SIZED crossbody made up for it.

Plus, he and Ken Jeong actually made Randy Orton look dangerous.

Jeremy Piven was an underrated host.

If Piven hadn't screwed up with "Summerfest", I think he would've gone down as one of the best hosts. Realistically, he's the person I think of second from the guest host era. Barker is first, Piven and the crossbody is second, the Muppets are third.

• Like 2

Their only saving grace during the guest host era was that Smackdown was incredibly good.

Too much Edge at the top of the card for me. Dude single-handedly killed SD for me in a couple periods.

• Like 1

The crowd losing their fucking minds for Bob Barker was amazing. I love it when a crowd is genuinely excited to go batshit crazy for something. Like not like a bunch of people chanting shit and reacting because they are bored, but 15,000 people being happy to be wrestling fans is awesome.

• Like 1

The Rock is hosting SNL tonight.  He's usually pretty funny, of course just like in the WWE shitty writing on there can hamper just about anyone.

Is this the first time he's hosting since the legendary Attitude era episode where Mankind and Big Show came on with him?

Cracked used to be great, and there video content still tends to be good, but there articles have been getting worse lately.Site feels like it's on a heavy downswing to me.

At least they still have Buckholtz.

Yeah when they started out with cats like Jay Pinkerton writing for them they were cool, but they are way too into the white guilt SJW shit any more. I could imagine submitting a listicle only to have Adam Todd Brown PM back like, "Hey, this is pretty good, but I'm gonna need you to add about seven or eight snide, self-congratulatory references to how racist/sexist/homophobic (insert topic) is."

• Like 3