DVDVR Message Board

Best WWE Matches 2015

Go2Sleep

Nah, Balor/Owens actually wasn't about crazy bumps just to do them. It was more about Owens wanting to beat the shit out of Finn using whatever he had at his disposal - mostly ladders - and Finn having to survive Owens's onslaught. Most of the big bumps actually meant something in the context of the match. It was arguably the most violent match the company had this year, non-Brock Lesnar division. 

We must have watched different matches. I thought the match was genuinely bad and by far the worst match of that show. Balor has sucked in NXT to me outside of the Dusty Classic tag matches, and even then his terrible selling and psychology shined brighter than his seeming improvements. He's been a complete and utter bust in NXT to me.

The fact they put Sasha/Becky at 15 shows how little WWE cares about real wrestling. To me that was bell to bell the most well wrestled match In WWE this year. I guess all the psychology and selling threw the list maker off. How in the hell did that match at #20 make the list? I guess a Bella match was mandatory but damn.

• Like 1

The top 6 for the WWE list is actually pretty good. After that it gets kinda random, but it's way more inspired than most lists they generate. Even though Taker/Lesnar is a most undeserving #9, I thought for sure it would've been forced to #1 given how forced everything else was about that match.

There were a couple of great near falls in the Villians/B&M match, and the crowd was great. There are about 4 or 5 NXT tags you could pick as the best of the year. I'm partial to Jordan & Gable vs Rhyno & Corbin.

I really don't remember that Bryan/Ziggler match being anything special. Joe vs Ciampa got screwed.

The fact they put Sasha/Becky at 15 shows how little WWE cares about real wrestling. To me that was bell to bell the most well wrestled match In WWE this year. I guess all the psychology and selling threw the list maker off. How in the hell did that match at #20 make the list? I guess a Bella match was mandatory but damn.

I also like Sasha vs Becky better than all the NXT Takeover matches too Ive watched at Sasha's takeover matches for '15 twice and I don't really have the time to even watch stuff back again but yeah Becky is my second favorite worker of the Divas behind Sasha

• 2 weeks later...

For me I'd go...

1) Bayley vs. Sasha - Respect

2) Bayley vs. Sasha - Brooklyn

3) Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Bex -Rival

4) Sasha vs. Bex - Unstoppable

5) Brock vs. Roman (vs. Seth) - Mania

6) Brock vs. Cena vs. Seth - Rumble

7) Cena vs. Owens - Elimination Chamber

8) Roman vs. Bryan - Fast Lane

9) Cena vs. Rusev - Fast Lane

10) Gable/Jordan vs. Neville/Crowe - NXT

From 8 on it gets a little muddy. There's some stuff that could probably bounce up or down depending on mood. A lot on the fringe. Honestly I found a lot of main roster stuff pretty samey so stuff that stood out hooks my attention more. The women of NXT clearly swept the big matches (I'd have Bayley-Nia and Bayley-Eva in my top 25 or so too) since their stuff had this perfect mix of well done storytelling and great spots. Weird year overall.

Sting vs HHH was the funnest match of the year, even if it didn't make a lot of sense and wasn't technically that good. It was fun and as wrestling as wrasslin gets. I would put it in my top ten because I enjoyed the fuck out of it. '

Number 1 for me is Sasha/Bayley in Brooklyn. From there, it's hard to pick a real top 10, besides knowing that Seth and Balor don't belong on my list.  There was a Roman/Harper match on Raw that was really, really dope that would likely make it onto the list for me. Brock/Taker matches would likely make it. I really enjoyed Rusev/Cena at Fastlane and WM (besides the finish). 

I wish Sami had been healthy all year  :(

Not sure where to put this but Jack Swagger was a Top 10 WWE wrestler in 2015. Maybe even Top 5. After his excellent match with Del Rio at TLC, I've been going back and watching most of his stuff from 2015 and I'm super impressed. The guy makes for a great face, IMO. Good strikes, moves/bumps well for a big guy, has some great power moves and sells really well.

Some recommendations:

vs Cesaro (Main Event #125 - 2/17)

vs Harper (Main Event #144 - 6/30)

vs Rusev (Smackdown 7/28 & Tribute To The Troops)

vs Owens (Main Event #153 - 9/1)

vs Sheamus (Main Event #156 - 9/22)

vs Stardust (Main Event #169 - 12/29)

There's also some good looking house show stuff that I just couldn't track down. He had a couple matches against Del Rio in Canada and Texas that sounded great from the reviews I read.

• Like 1