DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/27/15

Casey

* Daniel Bryan kicks off SmackDown with an in-ring promo. He talks about WrestleMania 31 but is interrupted by Bad News Barrett, who insults Bryan and Dean Ambrose. Ambrose comes out and they brawl. Bryan picks up the IC Title belt and handed it to Barrett but just to distract him. Ambrose and Bryan double teamed Barrett. Barrett dropped the title and ran off, leaving Ambrose and Bryan to celebrate with the title.

* Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz. Barrett came through the crowd to get his title back.

* Renee Young interviews Ambrose backstage.

* Natalya defeated Naomi. Tyson Kidd, Cesaro and The Usos were at ringside and fought.

* Lana and Rusev came out for a promo to mock John Cena. Jack Swagger interrupted but Rusev ended up beating him down. Rusev put Swagger in The Accolade as the Russian flag dropped over the ring.

* Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett is next. R-Truth was on commentary and ended up stealing Barrett's title belt. Bryan got the win with a running knee. After the match, Barrett looked around for his title but had no idea what happened to it.

* Byron Saxton interviews Roman Reigns backstage.

* R-Truth finds Ambrose backstage and gives him the IC Title belt.

* Fandango defeated Curtis Axel. Axel now has a clock that shows how long he's been in the Royal Rumble.

* Bray Wyatt cut another mysterious promo on The Undertaker.

* Goldust defeated Adam Rose. Stardust was dressed as one of the Rosebuds and attacked Goldust.

* Ryback, Erick Rowan and Dolph Ziggler defeated Kane, Big Show and Seth Rollins when Ryback hit his finisher on Rollins and pinned him. Ryback got the biggest pop of the match.

so, R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett for the IC title at WrestleMania?

what the fuck is going on

Everyone should be happy, they're building up the secondary titles and making them important, like you all wanted. I can't wait to see Bryan/Wade and for some reason Swagger stepping to Rusev and getting his ass kicked again cracked me the fuck up. It's like Swagger's thinking "I don't care if I've lost 2 feuds to him and got my ass kicked throughout summer and fall by him, God dammit this time...THIS TIME...I'm beating his ass".

Everyone should be happy, they're building up the secondary titles and making them important, like you all wanted. I can't wait to see Bryan/Wade and for some reason Swagger stepping to Rusev and getting his ass kicked again cracked me the fuck up. It's like Swagger's thinking "I don't care if I've lost 2 feuds to him and got my ass kicked throughout summer and fall by him, God dammit this time...THIS TIME...I'm beating his ass".

Why shouldn't Swagger think like that?  Hell, up until his morphing into Mizdow, Sandow was dressing like a geek every week, getting his ass kicked afterwards, and he still kept coming out each week to do it again.  Wrestlers don't use logic very often.

Too bad Barrett is JTTS instead of the semi main eventer he should be. A double dead guy spot with DB's knee hitting at the same time Wade's Bullhammer knocks him out would be a holy shit spot if they had the right camera angle and timing.

This makes me sad about Swagger, like he's that dog from that Sam Fuller movie but Vince has abused and trained him to attack foreign people and Kristy Mcnichol can't figure out how to communicate with him. 

Jesus, what do they do their heel jobbers back there?

• Like 3

Because that worked out so well for the tag team division a few months ago, when it was going through the same thing.

It's absurd that their three most organically over faces are gonna be tossed in a match with R-Truth. How on earth they've managed to end up with BRYAN in that position is just borderline unforgivable. Meanwhile you've got Randy Orton and Triple H, the guys he beat last year, in much higher-profile matches. This isn't some Bryan must win everything kind of thing but the fact that they couldn't even get the most over guy in the company in a top 5 match is just insulting. 

The Axel thing is fantastic. Earlier while I was watching the end of RAW on the DVR I was thinking "you know they should have Axel run a thing where he continually throws people over the top rope to show he's still in the Rumble". I want his stats of over one year added as the longest rumble time next year in the Rumble hype video.

And its nice that they're building up the IC Title. But the champion continually losing does nothing to help it.

At this rate, the IC title match is gonna be the battle royal.

Which would kinda be cool, Barrett slowly walking down the ramp, clutching the title to his chest with like 20 dudes in the ring.

Everyone should be happy, they're building up the secondary titles and making them important, like you all wanted.

I'm pretty sure the idea was "book the midcard better", not "drop the top talent to the midcard."

And if Rusev beats Cena and Anyone beats Bryan doesn't that make the midcard booked better since the upper midcard acts just beat two of the top acts?

Sheamus, Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, R-Truth & Barrett - the return of the Championship Scramble!

The championship scramble is one of my favorite stips. It's all about who wants to win it in the end. It's great for guys who have no character like Ziggles and good to empathize the guys who have the most obvious trait and should be the end goal for the match-- they actually want win.

Unless TNA is booking. Then you got a guy doing commentary instead of participating in the match. Ugh