DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/19/14

victor

Looks like an interesting show.

* Dark match: Natalya defeated Summer Rae with a Sharpshooter.

* Dark match: Fandango defeated NXT star Bull Dempsey.

* SmackDown opens with Daniel Bryan coming out to a big pop. The Miz and Damien Sandow are out next. Miz gets mad at Sandow’s pop and sends him to the back to get an Egyptian cotton towel. Bryan attacks Miz and the match is on. Bryan wins a short match with The Yes Lock.

* Ryback vs. Kane is next. The crowd died for the most part except for a few “feed me more” chants. Ryback wins with Shellshocked and got a pop for picking Kane up with ease.

* Bad News Barrett vs. R-Truth is next with Dean Ambrose on commentary. Truth rolled Barrett up for the non-title win after Barrett was distracted, talking trash to Ambrose, who was ignoring him.

* They air a video package for John Cena and Rusev and a Sheamus return vignette.

* We get another Bray Wyatt promo. He says, “find me or I’ll find you.”

* The Ascension vs. Big E and Xavier Woods is next. The Ascension wins a short match after Fall of Man on Big E.

* Roman Reigns vs. Luke Harper is next. They botched Reigns’ intro by playing it too early and then cutting it off. Harper got a lot of offense in and blocked a Superman punch with a brutal super kick. Reigns comes back with a spear for the win.

* Erick Rowan vs. Big Show is next. Big Show destroyed Rowan and got the win. Apparently Rowan didn’t get any offense in.

* The Bella Twins come out to a pop and join the announcers for commentary. Paige vs. Cameron is next. Paige wins by submission and trades trash talk with The Bellas.

* Stardust vs. Goldust is announced for Fastlane.

* Jimmy Uso vs. Tyson Kidd is next. Jey Uso, Naomi, Cesaro and Natalya were all at ringside. The match starts but Rusev runs out and takes out both The Usos and Kidd. Rusev hits a flying heel kick and looked great, according to a correspondent. Fans chanted for Cena. Rusev yelled into the mic in Bulgarian and left.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble banned from ringside is next for the main event. Big Show and Kane come out to watch from ringside. Eric Rowan and Ryback come out right after them. Rollins wins with a Curb Stomp but Ziggler looked like a million bucks. This was said to be a great match. Mercury and Noble came out and The Authority surrounded the ring with Ryback and Rowan inside. They beat them down. Kane and Big Show hit a double chokeslam on Rowan and Rollins hits a Curb Stomp. The Authority stands strong tall until Ryback comes back for the save. Ryback gets overwhelmed and beat down. Rollins also hits a Curb Stomp on Ryback and this is apparently where SmackDown ends.

Surprised R-Truth got a win over Barrett. The Harper/Reigns match sounds interesting.

Is it too much to expect that maybe we get Harper & Rowan being put back with Bray to help him combat the Undertaker? Splitting up the Wyatt's was really fucking dumb.

It would be a great Wrestlemania Moment to see The Wyatt's reunite. Bray can play it off that he set them free so that they could learn how much they really needed a loving family. Harper there was at least a little character development. With Rowan they made it out that he was some kind of savant (home wine maker and all)...but never did anything with it. Of course constantly losing to The Big Show didn't help.

I almost see Bray saying "I'll find you" leading to an Austin/Pillman home invasion type incident with Ol' Man Calloway having to summon the forces of evil to come back for one last battle.

uV8CW5K.gif

Sigh... yeah, I thought of that while I was writing my post, but went with it anyways...

Bray should do what Taker himself did to goad Flair into their match at WrestleMania 18- take out the people close to him. Now, I don't know who that would be exactly. It would be weird at this point to use Kane in that role (although I think we'd all love to see Kane get taken out). Michelle would seem a good one, as someone people would recognise, and I assume a lot of people know she's Mrs Taker now. But obviously that would have to be non-violent, and you're veering into the alluded-to-above DDP territory. Isn't one of Bearer's kids in the biz? Maybe you could use him for this somehow. I don't know of anyone else who Taker has that connection to, but would also be recognisable to people.

Have the Wyatt's reform and abduct Michelle McTaker. Have her dragged out, strapped to a cruci...err Taker's symbol, wearing Rowan's sheep mask. Take the mask off and she's got that far off Luke Harper look in her eyes. Then, we find out she was fed tons of acid, had Bray's religious rhetoric read to her, and impregnated by Bray. Bray would refer to the fetus as Pooh Bear, a reference to Charles Manson's son, Valentine Michael "Pooh Bear" Brunner. The story really writes itself.

• Like 4

So Kane was protected on Raw against Reigns so he could lose clean to Ryback on Smackdown?

R.I.P Eric Rowan's singles career. They have their next two dominate big men in Harper and Rowan, and they treat them like fucking jobbers. Harper/Reigns should be good, and if it isn't that really doesn't say much about Reigns.

That's an awfully rushed feud the Dust bros are having. Bull lol

Enough with Rollins vs Ziggler already.

• Like 1

R.I.P Eric Rowan's singles career. They have their next two dominate big men in Harper and Rowan, and they treat them like fucking jobbers. Harper/Reigns should be good, and if it isn't that really doesn't say much about Reigns.

Don't worry. It won't be long until they put Rowan in a tag team with Sheamus, based solely on the fact that both have red hair.

Don't worry. It won't be long until they put Rowan in a tag team with Sheamus, based solely on the fact that both have red hair.

I think I'd rather that than see Sheamus push # 47. 

Bray should do what Taker himself did to goad Flair into their match at WrestleMania 18- take out the people close to him. Now, I don't know who that would be exactly. It would be weird at this point to use Kane in that role (although I think we'd all love to see Kane get taken out). Michelle would seem a good one, as someone people would recognise, and I assume a lot of people know she's Mrs Taker now. But obviously that would have to be non-violent, and you're veering into the alluded-to-above DDP territory. Isn't one of Bearer's kids in the biz? Maybe you could use him for this somehow. I don't know of anyone else who Taker has that connection to, but would also be recognisable to people.

Bray should start by taking out Gunner Calaway.

24bfa5c.jpg

I'd rather Becky be allowed to have matches and not get stuck with the ginger gimmick. Eva Marie as a manager might be the only way to get her onto television full time. Of course, she's got zero promo skills, so I'm not sure what she can do to help get the gimmick over.