DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

Yes, but it is ridiculous because anyone wondering what the story is can find out in two minutes on YouTube or wiki. Hell, YouTube or dailymotion probably have the triple threat match and the hug. WWE can hide it but in this era where everything is available in a couple short clicks... it will never go away.

Didn't Warrior end up suing them over the DVD because it violated the settlement of their 2000 lawsuit (which in turn may have dragged on from 1996) where WWE and Warrior agreed to "stop disparaging each other in the media"?  I think Warrior ended up having to pay $20k in lawyer fees when his 2006 case was thrown out in Arizona.

I mean what he wanted to even consider working with WWE again. He said a few years back he would want them to repudiate the DVD they put out. 

So has there been any news on what is going on with Chikara? If the whole shutting the company down thing was an angle I think they needed to have followed up on it by now to make it effective. Have there been any Wrestling Is... shows since the Trocadero event, and if so has there been any forward motion in the story?

No forward motion or mentions of Chikara at all... but funny you should ask, there is apparently going to be some type of pro-Chikara gathering or rally tonight in Easton, PA being organized on Twitter by Icarus:

@IcarusWRW 15 Jul

I know there won't be a ring. There won't be any matches. But I'm going to Easton on Saturday anyway #IAmChikara

@IcarusWRW 8 Jul

Made up my mind. CHIKARA was supposed to be in Easton on July 20th. So that's where I'm going. #IAmCHIKARA

Full posting written by Icarus on the chikara101 message board:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1hx8ms/i_am_chikara_are_you/

What's Elijah Burke been up to since he left TNA? How that dude never became a big star is baffling to me. Tons of charisma, good in the ring, good looking guy. He should be main eventing PPVs by now.

• Like 1

What's Elijah Burke been up to since he left TNA? How that dude never became a big star is baffling to me. Tons of charisma, good in the ring, good looking guy. He should be main eventing PPVs by now.

Sounded to me like his attitude held him back. Which sucks, because I agree that he was great.

My wife & I went to a TNA house show last night.  There was maybe 100 people there and signs the company is in trouble were all over the place.

Despite only running 90 minutes with an intermission, it was an OK evening of wrestling, with the tiny, but vociferous crowd making up for it.