DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-9-15

MGFanJay

I thought there was a lot to enjoy on Raw this week.

- I'm enjoying the Dust Brothers and their interactions as well as Miz and Mizdow.  I'm a fan of all four of these people and look forward to seeing them each week.  Last night was no exception.

- As mentioned, Paul Heyman is on fire.  He's the best thing going today.  Brock is also a big deal whenever he is out there.

- I could watch Paige all day long, too.  There's just something about her mannerisms that connects with me.  I also find the Bellas easy to root against, so I'm all for this continuing.

- Both the IC and US titles seem important again.  The IC title moreso, since it's the focal point of that story.  I like using Ambrose in this direction, since he needs something before his next bigger push.

- Lana and Rusev both have "it".  Whatever that undefined it is, they're learning to master it.   I always thought Lana was a pro, but Rusev has stepped up his game over the last few months, too.  When he talks, it seems like he means what he is saying and not just remembering promos.  The Cena-Rusev match at Fastlane is the one I find myself caring about the most, which I would have thought impossible not long ago.  

- Sting's back.  I couldn't care less about the workrate of the eventual match.  Sting's in the WWE.  It's actually happening.

• Like 1

Okay - just in case anyone is still in the dark.

From the WON

Seth Rollins had an embarrassing night as allegedly, his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend found a nude photo of WWE developmental wrestler Zahra Schreiber and put it on his social media account, which goes directly to the WWE web site.

Later, the woman, Leighla Schultz then posted a nude photo of Rollins on her twitter account after writing "Zaharah."  

Rollins has since gone on Twitter to apologize to everyone about what happened.

Deadspin has the story and picture. Don't bring that shit here.

Zahra is an very attractive woman, but she falls in the Christy Hemme zone of of hot chicks that have really ill advised tattoos.

• Like 2

What turned me off on the show was the Authority using time during their 20 minute opening segment to shill the WWE Network. That shit is getting really old....

I found it especially annoying, since they came out in response to Roman and Bryan, then ignored them to shill the Network and the HHH call out of Sting before really addressing Bryan or Roman.

- I could watch Paige all day long, too.  There's just something about her mannerisms that connects with me.  I also find the Bellas easy to root against, so I'm all for this continuing.

I'm (probably vainly) hoping that the Bellas' double-teaming leads to Paige getting familial backup in the form of her mother at Wrestlemania.

• Like 3

From the WON

Seth Rollins had an embarrassing night as allegedly, his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend found a nude photo of WWE developmental wrestler Zahra Schreiber and put it on his social media account, which goes directly to the WWE web site.

Later, the woman, Leighla Schultz then posted a nude photo of Rollins on her twitter account after writing "Zaharah."  

Zahra is an very attractive woman, but she falls in the Christy Hemme zone of of hot chicks that have really ill advised tattoos.

Zahra has proven to be racist and said some mean things about differently-abled people.  So never mind her.

Zahra has proven to be racist and said some mean things about differently-abled people.  So never mind her.

Then Seth Rollins's poor choice in women makes me very sad.

Well as I said last night - they do a JYD black history month video and spent half of it talking about his dancing...

Well, it isn't like the Dog was a superworker or anything. At least Ernie had the AFL and protest stuff for them to talk about.

He was a legit superstar and borderline folk hero to the folks in Mid-South. FFS, fans sent him money to help him with his life after the Freebirds "blinded" him and he drew the biggest house in the history of the territory (30,000 at the Superdome) to finish the feud. But hey, DANCING NEGRO.

• Like 3

I'm (probably vainly) hoping that the Bellas' double-teaming leads to Paige getting familial backup in the form of her mother at Wrestlemania.

Saraya would be awesome at WM! 

Well as I said last night - they do a JYD black history month video and spent half of it talking about his dancing...

Well, it isn't like the Dog was a superworker or anything. At least Ernie had the AFL and protest stuff for them to talk about.

He was a legit superstar and borderline folk hero to the folks in Mid-South. FFS, fans sent him money to help him with his life after the Freebirds "blinded" him and he drew the biggest house in the history of the territory (30,000 at the Superdome) to finish the feud. But hey, DANCING NEGRO.

JYD legitimately did a lot for race relations in Arkansas-Mississippi-Louisiana. 

• Like 1

From the WON

Different strokes for different folks. Tattoos make a hot chick hotter, IMO.

STOP WITH THE HANDICAP MATCHES, they're getting as tedious as all those Shield six mans closing out every show the other year.

Shield matches were tedious?

Worms everywhere...

They for the most part were good matches, but very generic after the first dozen in formula and repetitive to sit through every week. 

Different strokes and all that, but if you don't like the Shield six mans, I think pro wrestling may not be for you. 

Also, I don't normally go out of my way to praise Miz (although I'm doing it more and more), but he gets a gold star for actually reacting to what fans were chanting. It's almost as like if you listen to what the fans are saying to you and respond organically you get a bigger reaction because the fans feel as though they are part of the show! Who knew?

• Like 3

STOP WITH THE HANDICAP MATCHES, they're getting as tedious as all those Shield six mans closing out every show the other year.

Shield matches were tedious?

Worms everywhere...

They for the most part were good matches, but very generic after the first dozen in formula and repetitive to sit through every week. 

Different strokes and all that, but if you don't like the Shield six mans, I think pro wrestling may not be for you. 

Also, I don't normally go out of my way to praise Miz (although I'm doing it more and more), but he gets a gold star for actually reacting to what fans were chanting. It's almost as like if you listen to what the fans are saying to you and respond organically you get a bigger reaction because the fans feel as though they are part of the show! Who knew?

For reference I don't really like Daniel Bryan either and my favorite wrestler is Ryback, so it is what it is. Agree with the Miz stuff though..

- I could watch Paige all day long, too. There's just something about her mannerisms that connects with me. I also find the Bellas easy to root against, so I'm all for this continuing.

Saraya would be awesome at WM!

I would fear for the Bellas safety though.

I didn't even remember RAW still existed until noticing this thread was growing and checking the date and realizing this thread is not from last week.

That's never happened before and it has to be a bad sign. is anyone else now keeping up with RAW by reading this thread and then deciding if any one segment is worth watching?

• Like 5