DVDVR Message Board

Better Call Saul

Niners Fan in CT

I remember when I realized he was the goon working for Victor Maitland in Beverly Hills Cop, thinking that while he aged in a rough and wrinkly way, he looked a hell of a lot better than he did when he was younger.

Just getting that much more screen time with Mike gave me a huge smile.

Also, I hope the Kettlemans rot. My God, what a dumb fucking family. The parents anyway. Hopefully the kids have a decent aunt and uncle to kick it with.

The mom is weirdly hot.  She looks like The Virgin Connie Swale from the DRAGNET movie but like today.

• Like 3

Interested in finding out more about Jimmy's relation to the lawyer gal from the other firm. Is she a law school acquaintance? Is there some romantic potential there? They have an interesting chemistry with each other. 

"And on this rock I shall build my church" was a great moment, too. (oh and sure Jimmy, "the cucumber water's free"... nice chaser for all the cheap vodka you drink back there)

To me, this was the least-good episode so far.  But that's praising with faint damns.  It was plenty fun.

IIRC, that was the first utterance of the name "Saul Goodman" on the show.  And we got a hint of his future fashion sense. 

I wonder if the billboard company will notice that the dude who got saved isn't actually an employee of theirs.  Or was he an actual employee and that was the seed of Jimmy's scheme?

IIRC, that was the first utterance of the name "Saul Goodman" on the show.  And we got a hint of his future fashion sense. 

I feel like an idiot that I never realized until now that Saul Goodman is a play on It's All Good, Man.

• Like 1

Kind of a nothing episode but that scene with Mike in the car was sad as fuck. He couldn't even look at who I presume is his daughter, after almost crying in his pasta at the diner, and she drives off after just staring at him coldly for a moment. Then he goes home to watch TV with the shades drawn. I guess next ep is gonna be the flashback to Philly and the darkness that entails...

Didn't they explain that on Breaking Bad?

Speaking of which, I just imagined Better Call Saul continuing into the timespan of Breaking Bad. It's not like Walt and Jesse were Saul's only clients, after all...

And he didn't even show up until a few seasons into Saul.  But Walter White pretty much monopolizes his time once he starts representing him so to do that timeframe and not mention WW would be a tad hard to do.

I would watch that again right now if I could. You spend the first half with a giant "?" staring at you -- she's calling him Mike, so it's not his daughter, maybe she's his stepdaughter? Wait, why is he shot? Is he trying to destroy evidence with the coffee spill? Then the other shoe falls and it's like a ball peen hammer to the back of the head.