DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers [Taped Feb. 3]

caley

So you guys thought that casket match was the end of their feud, eh?

SmackDown spoilers

SmackDown opens with Miz TV with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns. The segment ended when Reigns nailed Miz with a superman punch. Reigns then challenged Bryan to fight for tonight, but Seth Rollins interrupted them and said that the Authority have booked Daniel Bryan vs. The Stooges and Rollins for later tonight. 

Ryback and Dolph Ziggler defeated Stardust and Goldust.

Dean Ambrose defeated Curtis Axel.

Fandango defeated Adam Rose.

Roman Reigns defeated The Miz

Rusev defeated Erick Rowan.

Paige defeated Alicia Fox.

Daniel Bryan defeated Seth Rollins, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Post-match, Kane ran down to the ring and choke slammed Bryan. The four men then beatdown and laid out Bryan to end SmackDown.

• Like 1

Fast Lane:

Reigns-Bryan

Rusev-Cena

Nikki-Paige

Likely:

Barrett-Ambrose

Usos-Brass Ring Club

I could see them doing Ziggler/Ryback/Rowan vs. Rollins/Show/Kane to give all of those guys something to do.

Preshow would be Goldust/Stardust vs. Miz/Sandow to see which team implodes first.

They wouldn't have to look far to see how to make Daniel serious yet still worth rooting for.  Sami Zayn has been able to do that pretty well and he's still the most popular guy on NXT.  It's worth trying, but an aggressive Daniel Bryan leading into WM could do wonders.  It could happen after he gets screwed over at Fast Lane and it drives him nuts.  They just have to find that right balance.

I'll play devil's advocate and say that Kane coming out at the end might not necessarily be a continuation of the singles feud. "Kane's the Authority's muscle, the Authority doesn't like Bryan and doesn't want him in the Mania main event again, Kane orchestrates a beat-down on Bryan" doesn't have to mean more one on one matches. I hope I'm not being delusional.

They wouldn't have to look far to see how to make Daniel serious yet still worth rooting for. Sami Zayn has been able to do that pretty well and he's still the most popular guy on NXT. It's worth trying, but an aggressive Daniel Bryan leading into WM could do wonders. It could happen after he gets screwed over at Fast Lane and it drives him nuts. They just have to find that right balance.

People are still using 'he's over in NXT' when comparing them to the main roster? Very few NXT call ups the last few years have been worth a shit.

They wouldn't have to look far to see how to make Daniel serious yet still worth rooting for. Sami Zayn has been able to do that pretty well and he's still the most popular guy on NXT. It's worth trying, but an aggressive Daniel Bryan leading into WM could do wonders. It could happen after he gets screwed over at Fast Lane and it drives him nuts. They just have to find that right balance.

People are still using 'he's over in NXT' when comparing them to the main roster? Very few NXT call ups the last few years have been worth a shit.

That's absolutely true, they've been a bust.  But I'm hopeful with who they have now.  As good as Neville is, Sami has the best chance.  Bryan's long-term future is uncertain with his injuries, and Sami is the best babyface I've seen in years.  Proof of that can be seen in the Cesaro matches from last year, and that's with a guy who's on the main roster.

What can I say, I'm in the band.

As far as NXT callups go, there's been:

-Paige-Definitely not a bust.  She's traded the belt with AJ and Nikki and is on Total Divas.

-Rollins-Definitely not a bust.

-Emma-After Santino's retirement not much happened.

-Ascension-Wait and see but so far a bust.

-Sandow-In FCW mainly, cup of coffee in NXT.  In best role yet, but doesn't count as NXT for me.

-Roman definitely doesn't count as he was only in FCW, but they're claiming him as an NXT guy.

I'm blanking on others.

Wow, I have to take back my earlier statement, there's been some great callups.  I think that because they never trumpet that Rollins was in NXT people tend to forget he was there.  As far as testing the waters, there was a good reaction to the tag match they had on Raw.  Zayn and Neville really shone in that.  And people reacted quite favorably to Charlotte/Sasha from Main Event.  So there is cause for hope going forward.

• Like 1

I like how y'all are playing the "NXT call-ups have all failed" card in a discussion about Daniel Bryan who just had a great Raw main event with Seth Rollins leading to him facing Roman Reigns at Fastlane.

Bryan: as far as I know, never a part of the current NXT setup.

Rollins: Was in current NXT, though his character there was nixed when he was called up.

Reigns: very limited NXT time, character change upon call up, generally isn't viewed as an "NXT guy" nearly as much as his SHIELD brethren.

I think the better statement is: any time the E has got there hands on a NXT call up with a ready made gimmick instead of having to create something, it has failed either through there being no real upside in the gimmick, or that they don't do much of anything with it and leave it dead in the water. Exception is seemingly Paige.

As far as NXT callups go, there's been:

-Paige-Definitely not a bust. She's traded the belt with AJ and Nikki and is on Total Divas.

-Rollins-Definitely not a bust.

-Emma-After Santino's retirement not much happened.

-Ascension-Wait and see but so far a bust.

-Sandow-In FCW mainly, cup of coffee in NXT. In best role yet, but doesn't count as NXT for me.

-Roman definitely doesn't count as he was only in FCW, but they're claiming him as an NXT guy.

I'm blanking on others.

Wow, I have to take back my earlier statement, there's been some great callups. I think that because they never trumpet that Rollins was in NXT people tend to forget he was there. As far as testing the waters, there was a good reaction to the tag match they had on Raw. Zayn and Neville really shone in that. And people reacted quite favorably to Charlotte/Sasha from Main Event. So there is cause for hope going forward.

The ones you are forgetting (Bo Dallas, Emma, the new setup of Tyson Kidd. Adam Rose) are the ones not doing much.

Also, I imagine NXT could have gotten tons more out of the Wyatt's then the main show did.

Ok, so "NXT callups fail so long as we limit what constitutes an NXT callup to people who support the assertion that NXT callups fail."

And if you're going to ignore gameshow-NXT as not being the same concept as current-NXT (certainly a defensible position), how can you ignore FCW, which WAS the same concept as current NXT, just without the PC at Full Sail as a home base?

If you want to say Bryan/Ryback etc don't count, that's fine, but then you've got no grounds for not counting Ambrose and Reigns. Then at that point, we can point to a crapton more people who went through FCW like Barrett, Sheamus, the Usos, Swagger, etc.

• Like 1