DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Why are people giving credence to some rando's post on /r/squaredcircle that was subsequently pulled because it was full of shit and not verified?

Like...you guys know it's bullshit, right? 

Furthermore whats the record selling merchandise post-Diva magazines/DVDs? In any event nothing on Earth would make me happier than seeing an AJ/Steph feud that culminates in a match where Steph looks like a Grizzly Bear mauling a small child.

I think WWE should troll everyone by having a 15 minute Diva match on Raw Monday night between Cameron and Summer and have Cole be all like "hey we gave you what you asked for..." it'd be like the pro wrestling version of that Wilde quote "There are two tragedies in life; not getting what you want and getting it."

It'd be like responding to demand to "push smaller guys" with endless Hornswoggle content.

Oh wait.

I want everything to be real & true because the behind the scenes shenangians are infinitely more entertaining than the television.

I hope AJ was shooting & gets fired. I hope Roman took all the drugs. I hope Brock is super pissed and dipped. I hope the other wrestlers start revolting & talking out.

At least it would be entertaining.

• Like 6

I find it extremely amusing that Frank Shamrock wanted Dave to be one of Mickey Rourke's seconds at Wrestlemania.

That was the second best part of that podcast.

The first: Dave has a friend who knows Putin.  That friend can vouch for the fact that Putin is really smart.  AND REALLY EVIL.

I fucking died.

• Like 1

Like the wellness policy even applies to everyone...

This close to WrestleMania, I would bet money Roman will fail a pregnancy test before he fails a wellness test (and depending where he buys his clear urine, that first thing is entirely possible).

• Like 1

I've honestly never gotten this - what's so empowering about "Brie Mode"? Doesn't that come from Total Divas, where she just gets black out drunk and screams it in various nightclubs? Brie should be with the Rosebuds, if anything. :P

Well, on Raw because wrestling fans only have brain cells and logical thinking skills when it's important to them, Brie was the first woman to stand up to Stephanie without backing down. That's a big deal in the context of the show, despite what people think about Brie. It's more of a play on Beast Mode, but even that guy's team said fuck it too.

There's clearly not a crossover in viewers when it comes to Raw and Total Divas, so why people cite that as a criticism is beyond me.

And while I don't believe this to be true (but, gosh, do I hope it is), WWE doesn't have any requirements that they release info regarding their wellness policy, do they? All the PWinsider story says is that WWE claims the story to be 100% false.

• Like 1