DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I enjoyed PPV a good deal though the weak finishes for everything but the main event keep from calling it good which saddens me as I thought Reigns/Bryan was fantastic, easily the best match either guy has the last year or so.

Rollins pretty much has to walk out of WM with the belt because those smarks at the show aren't buying Reigns over Lesnar and will shit on everything vocally, which probably isn't what the company wants on tape. 

I for one am fine with it. Rollins still isn't that great as the ace heel and is still finding his way in that role, but he's about a million times better and more compelling than Reigns is right now. 

Like the idea of the Shield reunion at Mania.

Think Rollins' motivation could be protection from Orton that he can't get from Kane/Big Show/J&J. Hopefully if anything, it's a means of phasing them out as characters also.

Reigns as a heel = challengers of Cena, Bryan, Ryback, Ziggler, Orton and maybe Lesnar/Batista down the line, even Sting.

Reigns as a face = Rollins, Rusev...maybe Bryan again, or Hunter.

J.J. Dillon had to cancel on SICW on Saturday due to his flight being cancelled(weather issues).  They're planning to reschedule.

WLW's Saturday show in Troy, MO was postponed until next Friday, so it looks like I'm finally going to make it to a show presented by Harley Race's promotion.  Neat.

March looks like this:

Saturday 3/7:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO; Pro Wrestling Epic in Pontoon Beach, IL
Saturday 3/14:  Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Granite City, IL; Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
Saturday 3/21:  Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL (Nikolai Volkoff appearing)

I say this because the Baltimore crowd at GAB 1996 is really nice. They applaud after moves or sequences they appreciate and are into anything as long as the wrestling is strong. GAB 1996 is one of those PPVs that I don't know if people talk about it much, but it is a REALLY awesome show with tons of variety in-ring. 

I was there, so you're welcome

I don't see the audience booing Leonard at Wrestle Mania like at WMXX. Reigns, very likely. The match itself Yes but not Brock, even if he doesn't re-sign before Mania.

Jeff Jarrett is working Mania?
I think this Leonard has a better chance of working Mania

98elv4.jpg

I was going to ask if Leonard was going to have Sheldon, Penny, or both out to the ring with him.

The "hot chicks in commercials" conversation begins and ends with Lily from AT&T. I mean, did y'all not see her in last months photo thread wearing Warrior's paint?!?

I think the Shield returning as a heel faction would be awesome-- especially if Roman gets the world title, and Dean the IC. Maybe do a bit where Stephanie and HHH somehow allow Rollins to pay the dollars on the US title, and he goes over Cena for it after he beats Rusev. Have the announcers speculate why he would ever go for the US instead of the WHC, as foreshadowing. It would definitely make the lower belts seem like a huge deal, and their interference in Romans matches would protect him from being seen as a lesser worker (though I LOVED the Bryan match). They would essentially be a version of the Austin/HHH power trip team, but it's 3 guys this time

Professional wrestling returns to Shea Stadium Citi Field

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/group_offers.jsp?group=wrestling

ELeq0Rf.png

I'm interested, but details are vague at this point. Then again, it's a new announcement, so we'll have a better idea of what's going on soon. The convention aspect doesn't appeal to me at all, but if they get a card going with a mix of younger wrestlers and old-timers, I'd consider it.

My only ballpark wrestling experience was a pretty bad one, unfortunately.