DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

That list pretty much only consists of Austin, Rock, Bret, Trips, Michaels, and Donald Trump, so, um, yeah.

Oh  yeah, I forgot that ONE time at Mania 15 when he let Big Show punch him right before Vince got his heat back.

Vince put over Bobby Lashley in the exact situation being used as a point of comparison (WWECW and NXT). Vince has put over everyone he has ever feuded with for an extended period. It is mind boggling that people think Vince as an onscreen character is burying people. 

Vince put over Bobby Lashley in the exact situation being used as a point of comparison (WWECW and NXT). Vince has put over everyone he has ever feuded with for an extended period. It is mind boggling that people think Vince as an onscreen character is burying people. 

Its bleed over from Vince as a real person burying people.  Vince the character is so rarely seen anymore...

I don't think Vince ever buried people he feuded with.  Quite the contrary.  Vince put over a fairly long list of main eventers and most everyone came out of the feud elevated from where they were when the feud started,  That said, Mr. McMahon mostly only feuded with main eventers and made sure he got his offense in.  Hell, elderly on-his-last-legs Mr. McMahon dished out the punishment to Punk not too long ago (though he did eventually take quite a beating),  I think Vince has been pretty selective about who he feuds with.  I think he'd be less likely to take a beating and drop falls to Bad News Barrett or Dean Ambrose, much less Sami Zayn.

Maybe he'd be willing make the champ of his developmental brand look good.  I'm a little skeptical, though.

There's a lot of things that make NXT great, but probably the biggest factor is the studio audience is receptive to what they are doing. When you're playing a big arena the audiences tends to be largely indifferent to 3/4 of the acts. You can come up with a lot of reasons for why that is but that's the way it's been for a long as I can remember.

A wrestler on the main roster in a C or D level feud or someone who ends up on superstars type shows has no chance of getting over. The same can be said for the old wwecw.

I wonder if NXT would benefit from a current roster veteran pulling a Christian and going down and working with some of those guys. Kind of like how Chris Benoit was supposed to be before........well, you know. I can't think of anyone on the current roster who could do it though. 

How out of touch is this board that people even think Vince might feud with Kevin Owens? If anything he will get the Gangrel treatment.

EDIT: I misread, it's evident that you were discussing Vince never involving himself in/with NXT.

I bet you feel about this tall right now.

02.jpg

I wonder if NXT would benefit from a current roster veteran pulling a Christian and going down and working with some of those guys. Kind of like how Chris Benoit was supposed to be before........well, you know. I can't think of anyone on the current roster who could do it though.

After the inevitable feud with his brother, Dustin would be a good choice

And Angle. And had his head shoved in Rikisihi's ass.

No heel has ever showed more ass than Vince. Even Heenan.

Vince practically gave Big Show a rimjob in the HIAC match with Shane and Show against DX when DX rammed Vince's head up Show's bare ass. The great thing about Vince as a heel was he could get the shit beaten out of him and have something absolutley horrible happen to him. Though the DX stuff was really terrible then and now.

Nope because he isn't going around telling everyone who gives a damn that NXT is his baby and how NXT is his and only his baby and that NXT is still just his baby.

Cuz you know, NXT is the cool thing these days.

Are you seriously anti-HHH and NXT? When did your soul die?

In ebbie's (sort of) defense, if you had awful taste in wrestling, and you had to be around us always talking about how NXT is the greatest thing in wrestling, (which remember, you have awful taste in,) you and your awful taste in wrestling would probably start to get sick of it, too. Awful.

• Like 3

Crazy old man McMahon coming down to NXT to fight Owens, Zayn and Corbin would be the best.

Hunter and Regal pleading with Vince to think about his health and his grandchildren while he spouts on about "proving he's still got it", teaching these 'millenials' a thing or two and being a former WWE and ECW champion... it'd be fantastic!

• Like 1