DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So it appears they are going to finally air that Straight to the Source with Enzo that they have teased for like a month.

Based on the clip they uploaded - Enzo appears to have done the interview in character (well you know what I mean since clearly the WWE character is just Enzo turned up) which is different than the first one with Reigns.

Corey Graves looks less than pleased to be there

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Mid Atlantic TV from September 81 - October 83 is now here 

Holy crap. Just jumped into a random episode from '83. CHARLIE BROWN FROM OUTTA TOWN with Gary Hart trying to prove to Bob Geigel who Charlie Brown is. Awesome Bob Orton Jr./Dick Slater promo. Race/Flair beefing. Steamboat, Piper, Wahoo, Valentine... Oh my God. I forgot how incredible their roster was at the time.

Which Assassins would be in Mid-Atlantic autumn '83? I'm guessing the big boy is still Hamilton... I read his book years ago but I forget who replaced Tom Renesto.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So it appears they are going to finally air that Straight to the Source with Enzo that they have teased for like a month.

Based on the clip they uploaded - Enzo appears to have done the interview in character (well you know what I mean since clearly the WWE character is just Enzo turned up) which is different than the first one with Reigns.

Corey Graves looks less than pleased to be there

Jesus, they haven't gone that far out of their way to make someone look like a genuinely horrible person since The Rise and Fall of the Ultimate Warrior.

This is going to sound stupid, so please spare me... 

I was talking to my friend the other day while we were watching wrestling, and a conversation about an episode of Mid-Atlantic came up, where Slaughter is cutting a promo about Zukhoff and Kernodle getting beat up or something, but he keeps referring to them as “his privates”, and it’s hilarious, in a juvenile way. 

Has anyone got an idea of what episode that is? It was on WWEN a few years ago when these shows were originally uploaded. I wanna find it so we can laugh like idiots. 

On 1/8/2018 at 7:53 PM, Oyaji said:

Holy crap. Just jumped into a random episode from '83. CHARLIE BROWN FROM OUTTA TOWN with Gary Hart trying to prove to Bob Geigel who Charlie Brown is. Awesome Bob Orton Jr./Dick Slater promo. Race/Flair beefing. Steamboat, Piper, Wahoo, Valentine... Oh my God. I forgot how incredible their roster was at the time.

Which Assassins would be in Mid-Atlantic autumn '83? I'm guessing the big boy is still Hamilton... I read his book years ago but I forget who replaced Tom Renesto.

Pretty sure Herc was Assassin #2 at that point. Kurt Von Hess and Randy Colley also doubled as #2... plus Mr Saito as Assassin #3 in Florida.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, southofheavy said:

I'm really into that black and yellow negative transition, the Earth, Wind and Fire bumper music, and Jake Roberts being a good ol' fiery babyface. 

I love that transition, it makes me think a dance segment from Hilarious House of Frightenstein is about to break out. It was great when they also used it to sensor Abdullah's stabbing attack, much better than the WWF's giant X.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It's not up on Youtube yet but on the Network - the next Photoshoot is up with Cesaro

The Cesaro one has been up, I saw it last Saturday.  For all we know they might have quietly put that up the same time the Miz one aired.  I highly recommend it though, Cesaro seemed to have a lot of fun looking at the photos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The Cesaro one has been up, I saw it last Saturday.  For all we know they might have quietly put that up the same time the Miz one aired.  I highly recommend it though, Cesaro seemed to have a lot of fun looking at the photos.

Correct, they both aired back to back after Raw last week, Miz then Cesaro.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 11:48 AM, Cristobal said:

Jesus, they haven't gone that far out of their way to make someone look like a genuinely horrible person since The Rise and Fall of the Ultimate Warrior.

IDK. I watched the whole thing and it was clear they wanted exactly what they got from Enzo. Having him sit down with Corey Graves, a guy who has been open about his personal disdain for Enzo on WWE television, gave it a contentious air from the start, and why ask the questions you asked him if you wanted a low key interview? Enzo has been presented on tv as polarizing, and it's clear to me that that interview was meant to further that. 

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Also wasn't it the Uso who was charged with a DUI about a week ago.   

Yeah, I think it was Jey who was charged.  But if it matters it was Jimmy that was driving.  But the timing is a bit strange if you know about that.

So on Februrary 5th I believe the next classic dump to be add is Coliseum Video stuff.  Not sure which stuff but since the Best of ones have already been shown on 24/7 that I expect those are the ones added.  I wonder if they will add that one Best of that the didn't include.  Can't remember if it was Best of 2, 3, or 4