DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I kinda sighed seeing yet ANOTHER ECW doc on the network, but it's pretty damn funny.  Things really pick up once D-Von comes on.   Bubba basically calling Taz out on his bullshit and D-Von asking Bubba to tell a story about what a dick Paul Heyman was not knowing that he had already told it earlier in the show are highlights.

4 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I kinda sighed seeing yet ANOTHER ECW doc on the network

I'm hoping for more fresh material. Coming soon, never before discussed topics:

1. Monday Night Warz!

2. NWO

3. Montreal Screwjob.

4. Mr. McMahon/Austin

5. WCW Died.

• Like 5

To be fair - the reason they keep doing them is because they are the highest rated things they do (or best selling things when it comes to DVDs)

So basically - y'all need to get over ECW

Is the entire ECW library really on the network, as I've heard some shows are missing?. I'd like to check out some of the more notable earlier shows, I think I have some on VHS & DVD but the network makes it so easy just to click on a show and it comes up instantly instead of hunting thru DVDs etc. 

As for new content - Wrestling Challenge, Superstars, WCW Thunder, WCW Worldwide, WCW Pro among others. Maybe if he gets back in their good graces, Hulks Rock & Wrestlin will be back. I'd also like to see a new Legends roundtable series as I'm assuming its a show they could produce fairly cheaply and get a great panel of guests together for it too. 

Yep those were the ones I heard were missing. I assume it's mostly/if not all of the big non-PPV cards/events listed on here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ECW_supercards_and_pay-per-view_events#1992. These are what I'd definitely be interested in seeing too. Although if I'm correct, some of these shows were broken up and shown over consecutive weeks on ECW TV like the Cyberslam 96 for example. Earlier Eastern championship wrestling (pre Paul E) has some novelty value and I'd like to see some of the big events from 1993 like the Funker v Eddie Gilbert. 

The 3 ECW Home Video releases they put on the Network were specifically because of what was on the shows (Sandman/Cactus Title match from Hardcore Heaven 95, The Rey/Psicosis Mexican Death Match, Austin/Mikey Title Match, and Taz's Heel turn from November to Remember 95, and Pillman Appearance and Foley's last ECW Match from Cyberslam.)

Most of the Arena shows ended up being on Hardcore TV, although there are a few matches here and there that were only on the Video releases (I think the Sandman/Raven match at Cyberslam was one of those)

16 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Most of the Arena shows ended up being on Hardcore TV, although there are a few matches here and there that were only on the Video releases (I think the Sandman/Raven match at Cyberslam was one of those)

Such as every Axl Rotten match from 1995. When he was too violent for television.

I watched the latest ECW special, and I really enjoyed it. It was close in format to the old roundtable discussions, which I also dug. Less about the revelations, more about the interaction and spontaneous debate. Overall it was nicely in between the "they drunk the Fla-Vor-Ade and were marks for themselves, ECW never made money, Heyman's a chiseler" and the "ECW & Paul E.  were ahead of thier time innovators, they was screwed and conspired against, no one knows the TRUE story" poles, surprisingly so since it was from WWE and PH was right there. If you like thee ECW, highly recommended.

- RAF

p.s. - it made me watch the "OMG Pt. III - 50 Top OMG Moments From ECW History", which was fun, lotsa old footage. No surprises, but nicely edited. The music changes, as always, are maddening. The Network saves me money just not have to buy WWE DVDs anymore.

So according to the WWE Network News twitter site, they have acquired the library of Les Thatcher's HWA developmental territory.   While maybe they will put a Jon Moxley match on a DVD, I figure it will be put in the dust bin like OVW, Deep South, and the other developmentals they have the library on

No-one must ever knw what Spud was doing for the full calendar year between winning British boot camp and becoming Madame Dixie's assistant. But apparently he was OVW Champion for most of it.

Also, lots of Gut Check winners went there. Taelor Hendrix and that. Samuel Shaw before he was Dexter.

HWA has had a few owners so it is possible the library is only the pre-07 stuff

Basically - I feel like it is only the hours from when WWE had a working relationship with them (which I am pretty sure ended earlier than 07)