DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Kind of surprised the whole Ron Simmons feature is only two minutes and change. Is the match where he beats Vader anywhere on the Network? I searched, but could not find.

It's actually in the episode of Main Event I referenced above. I think it's labeled as Main Event 620 and is part of the Black History Month subsection.

Thanks!

Watching some old RAWs at the moment circa 1994-1996.

In hindsight..

* - Luger should have joined up with Dibiase instead of Tatanka. A Luger-Taker feud would have been far better than what we ended up from Taker-giant monster feud and also Tatanka/Luger that seemed to go forever and nowhere. From there, maybe even a Luger/Sid tag team would have been cool, feuding with Shawn and Diesel.

* - A Razor/Goldust double turn should have happened had Scott Hall stayed with the WWF. That promo he cuts on Piper about not liking "that stuff" on TV for his kids was pretty heelish.

So I watched the love special on the Network and hearing the Becky Lynch spoken word version of HBKs theme was cute.

Also the ending where they had Steph angry after HHH ruined their second wedding and dubbed in a dinosaur roaring was hilarious.

I need to watch some Becky Lynch matches. Because every time I see her name written down, my brain assumes they mean Claire Lynch (the Olive Oyl impersonator who was AJ Styles' fake pregnant junkie mistress (as part of a Bad Influence mindgame)) from TNA.

I need to watch some non-NXT Becky Lynch matches as she has been rather hit-or-miss (and mostly on the miss side) in NXT so far. She's still figuring things out, I think,

Thoughts on WrestleMania VI

Gorilla Monsoon absolutely loved Robert Goulet's version of "O Canada." He must have considered Goulet a big improvement over Run-DMC one year earlier.

Roddy Piper must have forgotten that at WrestleMania 2, he specifically said he would not paint himself black. Of course, at WrestleMania 3, he said he would be retiring, so I guess all bets are off.

Steve Allen is one of the best celebrities in WrestleMania history. He was great playing piano in the shower with the Bolsheviks, and when Honky Tonk Man said he was going to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Allen replied, "I'll warn them that you're coming."

Speaking of Honky Tonk, Diamond Dallas Page looked like he was having a great time driving Rhythm & Blues' pink Cadillac to the ring. Howard Finkel also had a blast introducing "Hunka Hunka Hunka Honky Love."

Poor Greg Valentine missed most of his one solo singing line because he didn't have his own microphone. Jimmy Hart came to the rescue so we could hear the end of the Hammer's line.

Mary Tyler Moore suffered through the longest, most uncomfortable interview while the Rhythm & Blues song was being set up. Sean Mooney kept asking her a bunch a questions about people she knew virtually nothing about.

Savage and Sherri worked so hard to make their match with Dusty and Sapphire work. Amazing that this was the first mixed tag match.

Big Bossman's successful Bossman Slam on Akeem reminded me of my unsuccessful attempt to hit that move as Bossman against Andre in the WWF WrestleFest video game. Andre wasn't having it.

Earthquake almost won the MVP award, as he destroyed Hercules and Hacksaw Jim Duggan in the same night to prepare Quake for his big feud with Hulk Hogan. I remember going to one of these house shows with a "Quake-O-Meter" sign that had a Richter scale dial on it.

However, Ultimate Warrior has to be the MVP of this show. He had the presence and magnetism to be chosen to succeed Hogan, but he also had to deliver in the ring. The gorilla-press slam near the end of the match was the signature moment that he was taking over, like Hogan's bodyslam of Andre at WrestleMania III.

Savage and Sherri worked so hard to make their match with Dusty and Sapphire work. Amazing that this was the first mixed tag match.

Was this even the first WWE mixed tag? I know for a fact it wasn't the first in general.

Yes, they announced that this was the first mixed tag team match, certainly in WWF history. I haven't heard of any in other feds before this.

Was this even the first WWE mixed tag? I know for a fact it wasn't the first in general.

Yes, they announced that this was the first mixed tag team match, certainly in WWF history. I haven't heard of any in other feds before this.

Oh, I have little doubt that they said it was the first - I just figured it might be one of those "Shawn vs. Razor was the first ladder match ever even though it wasn't even the first in the WWF" things. 

Kind of surprised the whole Ron Simmons feature is only two minutes and change. Is the match where he beats Vader anywhere on the Network? I searched, but could not find.

It's actually in the episode of Main Event I referenced above. I think it's labeled as Main Event 620 and is part of the Black History Month subsection.

I know it's been mentioned every time the match is talked about, but the visual of that young black kid jetting to the guardrail and losing it, makes that moment of him winning even better. It's not even like he's iso'd for effect. He's background fanfare, yet it tops off.

When I fired up a random Mid-South episode from the Black History Month stuff, I was not expecting to see Andre the Giant busting out splashes from the 2nd rope.  Holy crap.

Was that the Andre/Dusty/JYD vs. Samoans/Ladd six-man tag? Because it was awesome. 

When I fired up a random Mid-South episode from the Black History Month stuff, I was not expecting to see Andre the Giant busting out splashes from the 2nd rope.  Holy crap.

Was that the Andre/Dusty/JYD vs. Samoans/Ladd six-man tag? Because it was awesome. 

That's the one.  The whole episode is incredible.

Big Bossman's successful Bossman Slam on Akeem reminded me of my unsuccessful attempt to hit that move as Bossman against Andre in the WWF WrestleFest video game. Andre wasn't having it.

I'm an arsehole for nitpicking but that was WWF Superstars

• Like 1

If you're going to use the word "Arsehole" and the word "Nitpicking" in the same sentence, you could at least spoiler tag it. Conjures up disturbing imagery.

I need to watch some Becky Lynch matches. Because every time I see her name written down, my brain assumes they mean Claire Lynch (the Olive Oyl impersonator who was AJ Styles' fake pregnant junkie mistress (as part of a Bad Influence mindgame)) from TNA.

Same issue. You're not missing much though. She's very ordinary. Understands the need to have her little mannerisms, or to play to the hard camera, but not good enough at it to not look forced/playing wrestler.