DVDVR Message Board

SmackDown 1-29-15

MGFanJay

Patrick B., on 30 Jan 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

SD was live and the first real show since the Rumble, so I realized the possibly of Authority presence was high.  Thus, I decided to just let the show record and I'll fast-forward through it later today.  From the sound of things, I'll get through the show in about 45 minutes, tops.

If you only watch the non HHH, Big Show, and Kane segments you'll get through the show in 5.

RE: casket match. I confidently told my daughter that someone was popping out of that casket to attack Daniel Bryan, because that's just how Casket Matches work. The fact that nobody did was kinda weird, but the finish with Bryan standing atop it and having the crowd in the palm of his hands (as usual), was a great way to end the show.  It would have, however, been a great way to get a feud going; one could assume that Wyatt/Bryan is restarting after what happened at The Rumble...or like was previously mentioned, Wyatt comes out and attacks Kane for helping eliminate him at The Rumble. Either way.

The Taker/Yokozuna casket matches are worth tracking down. They're awesome. It's the best of the supernatural dead man stuff.

There were a couple of Taker/Yoko matches on old CHV tapes that I really loved as a kid. Not casket, just straight singled matches. Both had the same ending and a lot of the same spots, but they were awesome.

I don't think I was all that into the two casket matches even as a kid, but I might be wrong about that.

Lawler mentioned his casket match with Taker, I have no idea when this was. I thought maybe they force Seth to defend his spot vs Bryan with Bryan winning because of interference from Orton who's ready, you know they have to find a spot up top for him soon. 

Lawler mentioned his casket match with Taker, I have no idea when this was. I thought maybe they force Seth to defend his spot vs Bryan with Bryan winning because of interference from Orton who's ready, you know they have to find a spot up top for him soon.

Here you go...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfc1ku_the-undertaker-vs-jerry-the-king-lawler_sport