DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

True, only one shot, but I honestly felt like Wolverine has been watered down a bit in the movies.  I understand the decision to not go ultraviolent, but it's nice to see it come a liiiiittttttllllle close to it.

On a personal side note, I really hope that I'll get just a one scene Sabretooth cameo with the glory that was Liev Schrieber in the role, but I know that is far fetched.

• Like 1

It is crazy how good the casting was in that shitty ORIGINS movie was, though.  They went 2 for 3 on the big roles, only missing on Taylor Kitsch as Gambit.  Schrieber and Reynolds were 100% the right guys...just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, The Z said:

By the way, in what year does this movie take place and how old is Xavier supposed to be?

Days of Future Past was set in the year 2023 and Logan didn't look very old in that one, but Xavier must have already been at least 90 at that point. So how old is he in this one? 120?

• Like 1

Xavier could be just a hallucination of Logan.  I don't think I saw Xavier interact with anyone but Wolverine throughout the entire trailer.  Even X-23 does not really interact with him, but made to look like she is to swerve the audience, like Bruce Willis in the 6th sense.

More details on the specifics of the creative differences in this story:

http://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-director-tim-miller-exit-ryan-reynolds-creative-differences/

Basically, Reynolds wanted to keep the focus on raunchy comedy while Miller wanted to go in a different direction ("more of a stylized sequel").  Also, Miller wanted to cast Kyle Chandler as Cable and Reynolds did not.  The studio sided with Reynolds.

I have not the slightest fucking idea what "stylized sequel" is supposed to mean.

i also find it hard to believe anybody would make a Deadpool sequel that didn't have a load of raunchy comedy in it.  So...I can only assume the real issue here is Ryan Reynolds fucking loathes Kyle Chandler.  And I am now desperate to find out why.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I have not the slightest fucking idea what "stylized sequel" is supposed to mean.

i also find it hard to believe anybody would make a Deadpool sequel that didn't have a load of raunchy comedy in it.  So...I can only assume the real issue here is Ryan Reynolds fucking loathes Kyle Chandler.  And I am now desperate to find out why.

They could have had a continuous back-and-forth on who is going to play that particular role (and possibly other roles) and kept vetoing each other. Then, Reynolds turning down Chandler was the final straw to make Miller say "Fuck it!" and leave. 

On 10/23/2016 at 11:26 AM, S.K.o.S. said:

More details on the specifics of the creative differences in this story:

http://www.thewrap.com/deadpool-director-tim-miller-exit-ryan-reynolds-creative-differences/.

This article makes me laugh.  It used Ryan Reynolds and marketable in the same sentence.  Where outside of this franchise is this a true statement?

Miller's footprint is all over Deadpool.  I am not so sure that giving Reynolds that much creative control is a smart idea but hey, it isn't my production.

I'd argue Reynolds has done okay in that regard. He does a lot of lower budget stuff so low targets and while Green Lantern lost money, it performed fine...just not against a $200 million budget. The problem is I hear all the time for his blockbusters "I mean I like Ryan Reynolds, but..." I remember when Blade Trinity hit there was a lot of "This movie is garbage except for Ryan Reynolds and HHH."

Basically I feel like he's been in that zone where Will Smith was post Wild Wild West but without having Fresh Prince and MiB behind him. He's engaging and people want to see him but his career choices have been questionable.

On 22/10/2016 at 6:21 PM, Casey said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-loses-director-tim-940672

Tim Miller isn't returning for Deadpool 2 due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds.

Boo. Shame to read with the lengthy build to Deadpool (2016) with the four, Reynolds/Miller/Reese/Wernick, the reception given to the film and now the split.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:22 AM, The Natural said:

Boo. Shame to read with the lengthy build to Deadpool (2016) with the four, Reynolds/Miller/Reese/Wernick, the reception given to the film and now the split.

David Leitch, the co-director for JOHN MOTHER FUCKING WICK, is in talks to direct Deadpool 2.

GAME ON~!

• Like 2

Magnus Martens (director of a few episodes of Banshee, Luke Cage, 12 Monkeys, Power, and Agents of SHIELD) and Drew Goddard (Executive Producer of The Defenders, The Good Place, Netflix's Daredevil, THE MARTIAN, 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE, LOST AND MOTHER FUCKING ALIAS) are also in the running for the director's chair for Deadpool 2.

The project seems to be in good hands.  In Ryan We Trust... maybe.