DVDVR Message Board

UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz (1/31/2015) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

According to an interview Brazilian reporters Evelyn Rodrigues, Marcelo Russio, and Ivan Raupp did today, Anderson admitted it was his own protege and undefeated RFA fighter Khalil Rountree who knocked him out with a kick a few weeks ago.

Edit: Well it seems like he was joking: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/28/7934221/anderson-silva-laughs-off-rumors-he-was-knocked-out-in-training

Well, if it was just a way of hyping Rountree, he got me because I loved what I saw in the youtube videos. Khalil's handspeed, power and footwork even in his amateur fights are pretty damned good.

According to an interview Brazilian reporters Evelyn Rodrigues, Marcelo Russio, and Ivan Raupp did today, Anderson admitted it was his own protege and undefeated RFA fighter Khalil Rountree who knocked him out with a kick a few weeks ago.

Edit: Well it seems like he was joking: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/28/7934221/anderson-silva-laughs-off-rumors-he-was-knocked-out-in-training

Khalil Rountree is like the best name ever.  That sounds like an awesome actor's name.

Woodley also mentioned in the latest UFC Embedded that he's 10 pounds lighter than usual at this stage and feels great. So, one guy hospitalized from a bad cut and the other energetic from a great cut.

What the fucking hell?  This is Lineker's FOURTH time missing weight.  Five pounds over, he should be fucking fired.

I like Gastelum but this is No. 2 for him.  

This happens because fighters try to cut 15-20 pounds on fight week, which is idiotic.

Gastelum is just not built to make 170 moreso than Alves, Anthony Johnson, and other guys in the past who had problems make 170. He is one of the few guys in MMA who has a boxing body (the highest weights; 154 and up) where all his weight is concentrated around his mid-section. He isn't even fat. It's just the way he is built. Those others guy were just muscular as hell.