DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

Just watch the audience on their SummerSlam 1994 match and compare that to everything the divas produced in the last years. It's like night and day. They wanted to see them FIGHT!

I was at that live. Crowd was... sort of into it. They popped for Bull's stuff and my buddy Brian and I were into it but overall the match wasn't that over.

So is that the end of Ray Steven's getting in?  It seemed like he was just a lock for the local market. 

Well the could put him in any year.

The thought was always though that if Pat Patterson's lobbying couldn't get him in the year they are basically in Stevens' town - he probably is never going to get in.

Kinda like how JR always stumped for Danny Hodge, they never put him in and now with JR gone - everyone assumes that Hodge will never go in.

Just watch the audience on their SummerSlam 1994 match and compare that to everything the divas produced in the last years. It's like night and day. They wanted to see them FIGHT!

I was at that live. Crowd was... sort of into it. They popped for Bull's stuff and my buddy Brian and I were into it but overall the match wasn't that over.

But compare that reaction to today and it's Austin like reactions. Ever since that whole Divas Era you can hear a pin drop when they wrestle. Especially at house shows.

Or Scott Hall would have been another option. They feuded for six months during the MNWs and Hall has said a hundred times Larry was the first guy to make him look like a star when Hall was starting out.

Do you think there's a chance Motorhead (or just Lemmy himself) would ever go in the celeb wing? They hold the record for most Wrestlemania 'people who have nothing to do with Wrestling' appearances.

Larry's a good bridge between Attitude era fans and 70s/80s fans. He was really over during the NWO feud. If bands go in, AC/DC would be another good one. Highway to Hell was huge for Summerslam 98. I love the story Foley tells about Vince at Rock's first SNL appearance when they were the musical guests. He had no idea who they were, but he started rocking out and dancing during their sound check and became a huge fan.

Raw is in Minneapolis, tonight, so Larry's induction announcement should get a nice pop from some of the older AWA fans.

Just for the record - RAW was in Des Moines, Iowa last night

But Iowa... Minnesota... close enough...

• Like 2

If bands go in, AC/DC would be another good one. Highway to Hell was huge for Summerslam 98. 

You realize that if that becomes the only criteria for bands getting inducted, then that means Nickelback eventually gets in, right? And if that happens, you know we're all gonna blame you, right?

• Like 1

If bands go in, AC/DC would be another good one. Highway to Hell was huge for Summerslam 98. 

You realize that if that becomes the only criteria for bands getting inducted, then that means Nickelback eventually gets in, right? And if that happens, you know we're all gonna blame you, right?

"And now, joining the Class of 2016....."