DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

I'm staying here where it's relatively safe forever because I don't want to know what other boards look like in regards to this. I can guess, but I don't want to know. 

But two awesome birds, one stone. They get to honor what was basically Warrior's last request and honor Connor at the same time. 

I'm staying here where it's relatively safe forever because I don't want to know what other boards look like in regards to this. I can guess, but I don't want to know.

But two awesome birds, one stone. They get to honor what was basically Warrior's last request and honor Connor at the same time.

There is a special place in hell for anyone who would object to this. Actually I take that back, even satan wouldn't want to be associated with them.

• Like 1

There is a special place in hell for anyone who would object to this. Actually I take that back, even satan wouldn't want to be associated with them.

So that would make about 75% of the IWC then?

I like that Connor is being honored by the way.

If there is someone with a problem with Connor receiving the first Warrior Award...I have not run into him/her as of yet. Good job by WWE.  I could understand people flipping out if the first Warrior Award went to Bill Demott.

Edit: WOW! So over at another forum people are actually PISSED that Connor got The Warrior Award. Stay classy internet. I'm going back to bed!

Yeah, WWE has a history of trotting out charity work at the first sign of scandal (one that goes back to 1993 like clockwork) but there's been such a genuine feel to all of the Connor stuff. This was planned long term and you really do get the feeling that this kid just melted all their hearts. 

I sat two rows behind Connor at WrestleMania last year.  I was absolutely blown away by how many people from the WWE stopped to say Hi to him during the event.  Not just Bryan and Cena, but Michael Cole, people in suits who I didn't know, cameramen, and more.  One member of the ring crew stopped by and got his picture taken with him.  It was amazing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coaster316/14140846285/

• Like 1

Yeah, WWE has a history of trotting out charity work at the first sign of scandal (one that goes back to 1993 like clockwork) but there's been such a genuine feel to all of the Connor stuff. This was planned long term and you really do get the feeling that this kid just melted all their hearts. 

It's the rare time where my bullshit meter didn't register this at all.  Not sure how genuine the charity is, but I'll assume it's on the level.  But WWE has been in love with Conor and it was clear it pained them when he passed.  Stephanie especially was really touched by it.

Good on WWE to honor both Warrior's request and Conor.  We were watching Raw and as soon as he was shown I was done for.  My wife didn't know he passed so when they said that that was it for her too.  It really tugs on the heatstrings, that's for damn sure.  If Raw is any indication I'm not sure if can actually watch the induction on HOF night.  Way too many feels for this.

I'm to the point where I barely watch Raw, but I did catch the part where they announced Conor receiving this award.  I'm not one who anyone would call emotional, but that kid almost got me.  I was sitting there barely paying attention as usual and that kid telling A.J. to cool it with the crazy was both the saddest and happiest thing I've ever seen.  It just shows that kids, no matter what they're dealing with, still live life with an enthusiasm that we all have lose at some point. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with Conor being in the Hall of Fame and his story is incredible.  The idea that people are still treating the Hall of Fame like a serious thing is funny to me.   My only issue is that they took a statement Warrior made about giving an award to people who work in the backstage area of WWE for years and years into a way to tie it to Conor and their social work.   from the looks of it, next year they will give the award to the CEO of Susan G Kommen fund or the creator of the BeaStar campaign.

Shifting away from the Conor news, the Observer had this about the Bushwackers:

John Laurinaitis is expected to induct The Bushwhackers into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Laurinatis, as Johnny Ace, got his first career break as the flag holder for The Sheepheders in the dying days of the old Championship Wrestling from Florida territory.

So if you were wondering if the Sheepherders would be acknowledged, this might be a promising sign.