DVDVR Message Board

Tennis

GuerrillaMonsoon

New fun thing.  Since marijuana is legal in New York, and the US Open happens in the biggest public park in Queens...

Well, some competitors (the nerds) are complaining about the smell of pot, especially when on Court 17.  

The tournament director basically said there's nothing they can do about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Jannik Sinner beats Novak Djokovic in Australian Open men's singles semi-final in 4 sets. 33 match winning streak ended. First time Novak has lost a semi-final there having won 10 in a row. Before today, his last loss at the Australian Open was in 2018.

Daniil Medvedev has spent 24 hours on court at this year's Australian Open. More than anyone at a Grand Slam ever. Medvedev won three five set matches to get into the final vs. Jannik Sinner. Medvedev won the first two sets but lost the last three. You have to feel for Medvedev.

Edited by The Natural

• 1 month later...

“I brought all my equipment up and then they were on the spider cam, so they just swung the spider cam over. I had my equipment set up and I vacuumed up the bees into a live-catch cage,” Davis said. “Then I can take them out... and release them into one of my hives that I have. They're set up just for this type of thing.

“This time of year is swarming season, so they go everywhere. And I'm just happy to be there for them so they could not have any incidents.”

THANK YOU. I was worried the tennis knuckleheads would just have them all killed, so this was a pleasant surprise.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

THANK YOU. I was worried the tennis knuckleheads would just have them all killed, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah this is what usually happens with bees these days. Dogs and cats usually get sent to a local pound if they're strays.  

Just don't ask what happens when a raccoon or a possum gets caught...  😕