DVDVR Message Board

Tennis

GuerrillaMonsoon

• 2 weeks later...

E2-lwYuWUAMnvVc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Rafael Nadal with his statue at the French Open. Nadal is going for his 14th French Open. Nadal has never lost a French Open Semi-Final or Final. Nadal has over 100 wins at the Grand Slam. Only two people have ever beat him there, Robin Soderling in 2009 and Novak Djokovic in 2015. Roger Federer owes his only French Open in 2009 to Soderling beating Nadal. Defeating Rafa at the French Open is the toughest task in sports. The dominance of Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros.

Edited by The Natural

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

E2-lwYuWUAMnvVc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Rafael Nadal with his statue at the French Open. Nadal is going for his 14th French Open. Nadal has never lost a French Open Semi-Final or Final. Nadal has over 100 wins at the Grand Slam. Only two people have ever beat him there, Robin Soderling in 2009 and Novak Djokovic in 2015. Roger Federer owes his only French Open in 2009 to Soderling beating Nadal. Defeating Rafa at the French Open is the toughest task in sports. The dominance of Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros.

Rafael Nadal is bidding for a record-extending 14th success at Roland Garros, where he has won 105 of his 107 career matches.

105-2! Domination!

Edited by The Natural

Damn, Rafael Nadal pulls out of Wimbledon and Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games. Nadal has won Wimbledon twice, 2008 in the greatest tennis match of all time vs. Roger Federer and in 2010. Nadal has won two Olympic gold medals - in the singles at Beijing 2008 and the doubles at Rio 2016.

Edited by The Natural

On 6/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Naomi Osaka has withdrawn from this year's Wimbledon. 

Rafael Nadal, defending Wimbledon Ladies Single's Champion Simone Halep and US Open Champion Dominic Thiem as well.

Edited by The Natural

Wimbledon will be a cakewalk for Djokovic, unfortunately. Federer made it to the other side of the draw, but I can see him getting knocked out early by a young player. I will be surprised (and thrilled) if he has a deep run, and crushed if he loses to Djokovic again. I can't see Fed playing next year, but you never know. 

Jo Konta has to pull out of Wimbledon.  

She was in close contact with someone who tested positive.  She has to quarantine for 10 days, and since the tournament starts today...  ??‍♂️

• Sad 1

Centre Court is so slippery. Adrian Mannarino pulled out following a fall when he was two sets all vs. Roger Federer. In the next match on the same court, Serena Williams slipped in the seventh game and retires injured against Aliaksandra Sasnovich. Mannarino's was a bad one. Feel for both. Jo Konta also.

Edited by The Natural

E5YBBC6XIAEHE5g?format=jpg&name=large

British teenager Emma Raducanu is 18 years old. She's ranked 338th in the world. She's a Grand Slam debutant and played her first WTA Tour match last month. Emma has just won her third Wimbledon match in the Ladies singles reaching the last 16. Amazing!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Emma is on a roll.  With all of the high profile withdrawals, the tournament could use some good news to tout around.  I hope she takes the whole damn thing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Emma is on a roll.  With all of the high profile withdrawals, the tournament could use some good news to tout around.  I hope she takes the whole damn thing.

Me too.

_119228692_whatsubject.jpg

In reaching the last 16, she bumps her prize money up to £181,000 - considerably more than her total career earnings before Wimbledon of $39,558 (£28,762).