DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Tell me these Bull Dempsey viginettes don't need DDP as his life coach.

As long as he brings in Tamara from the Fat Burner and Red Hot Core dvds.

If they're sticking with the 90s graphics and music, they could dig up Kiana.

Didn't All Japan put a few guys in gimmicks that were Virtua Fighter characters?

There was a licensed AJPW for the Sega Saturn system that also featured two Virtua Fighter characters (Wolf Hawkfield and Jeffry McWild). As a tie-in, AJPW had Jim Steele do the Wolf Hawkfield gimmick for a bit.

So far as I can remember, no one did the Jeffry gimmick in AJ. Guess they couldn't find a rastafarian gaijin who looked the part. Today, they would really roid Kofi Kingston up and give him the gimmick.

Edit: Big E could probably run with the gimmick. A shame he's half as tall as Jeffry. I also doubt he can throw a convincing roundhouse kick.

Jeffry McWild was based on Willie Williams, a karate fighter who wrestled Inoki, fought in RINGS and oddly, had a few appearances in late FMW.

Yep. Exhibit A: losing to The Volk Han...

http://youtu.be/nsFDOMT7C9U

Up next: Becky. I wish NXT was building up the prospect of "Becky vs. Sasha II" while the Bayley story was going on. That would have been pretty epic. Who gets the ultimate shot at redemption? The world traveler who was in the best woman's match in WWE history against her former partner and won our hearts in the process? Or the lovable underdog who hasn't found a way to win the big one who was stabbed in the back by the world traveler who used her good nature to get ahead?

The bigger problem there would have been that the fact Becky got the promotion and Bayley didn't would have telegraphed the answer there just as much- best case, it's clear Bayley's getting the win to keep the NXT Women's Title in NXT.  Worst case, you have to really make the change and have endgame be "Dana Brooke or Eva Marie become the mega-heel by swooping in and taking the title shot, and thus the win, from under Bayley's nose", and give a firm chase that can either lead to Bayley winning the big one or prep the other to be the star for a Bayley promotion.

Charlotte screaming "YOU MADE ME DO THIS TO YOU!" when she had Bayley in the head scissors was awesome. That really nailed their whole run as rivals together. Bayley idolized her. Charlotte turned on her when the BFFs presented themselves as a better option. Charlotte became the dominant woman's champion. Bayley wanted and then won her respect. They had an on-again/off-again partnership where Charlotte would stick up for Bayley when she ran into trouble. But Bayley could never win the big one. Until last night, when she knew how to win: Avoid the Figure 8 (by reversing before Charlotte can bridge) and throw everything she knows how to do and hope to hit a big bomb. She finally beat the person she looked up to the most.

My favorite part of that match is the look of pure joy on Charlotte's face after she kicked out of the Bayley-To-Belly. It was like she was so happy for herself that she kicked out of Bayley's finish

Only if Terry Crews comes out as T-Money President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

Man, I'm sorry, but I felt that if we are going to go down that road, your sentence needed a slight tweak.

• Like 2

Some other new names

Axel Tischer is now Alexander Wolfe
Mike Rallis is now Riddick Moss
Lina Fanene is now Nia Jax

Went to the NXT house show tonight in Orlando. Highlights include Eva Marie/Dana teaming up and the crowd going nuts when Bayley hit the Stone Cold stunner on Blake during a 6 person tag match. Sadly the Eva match ended early because Billie Kay got her nose bloodied up. It was an awful match till then but damn do I love the Eva/Dana team.The heat they get even in the casual fan atmosphere of NXT house shows is off the charts.  Main event was Tyler Breeze vs Solomon Crowe. Not as bad match as it was very submission heavy. Breeze has a new bodyguard in Radomir Petkovic. This dude has to be near 7 feet tall and is very intimidating in person. My favorite match of the night was Gable/Jordan vs The Mechanics. Both teams are so good at what they do. Gable has sparked a fire under Jordan that has gotten him to get real good. Mechanics doing old Tully/Arn spots never gets old.

Up next: Becky. I wish NXT was building up the prospect of "Becky vs. Sasha II" while the Bayley story was going on. That would have been pretty epic. Who gets the ultimate shot at redemption? The world traveler who was in the best woman's match in WWE history against her former partner and won our hearts in the process? Or the lovable underdog who hasn't found a way to win the big one who was stabbed in the back by the world traveler who used her good nature to get ahead?

The bigger problem there would have been that the fact Becky got the promotion and Bayley didn't would have telegraphed the answer there just as much- best case, it's clear Bayley's getting the win to keep the NXT Women's Title in NXT.  Worst case, you have to really make the change and have endgame be "Dana Brooke or Eva Marie become the mega-heel by swooping in and taking the title shot, and thus the win, from under Bayley's nose", and give a firm chase that can either lead to Bayley winning the big one or prep the other to be the star for a Bayley promotion.

I must respectfully disagree with Gregg as well. I think there's a lot of risk to both Bayley and Becky from setting up the story he's put forth: if we have Bayley and Becky coming at Sasha from two directions, Bayley's title shot more explicitly comes at the expense of the rematch for Becky. It hurts Bayley to stop us from Lynch-Banks II; it's also bad for Becky to get her rematch by having to get past Bayley to do it. I think the en passant

Becky/Bayley we're getting on an upcoming show

is a better way to do it- lower stakes. 

Bayley vs Charlotte was great, Bayley reminds me of that kid that doesnt want to fight but is forced to, then win the fight and still has that expression like he is borderline crying even though she won the fight, I like that

Im loving the Tag division, I dig the Mechanics and Gable/Jordan because I sucker for Smackdown 6 era Haas & Benjamin type teams and Dawson and Wilder seem to be finally getting out of jobber mode I love that team. They need to do the tag division like theyve done for the women for the past year and a half and really build it up because alot of these teams have really good chemistry and arent makeshift. 

Crew is going to go over huge with the brooklyn crowd he probably wont get to have blow away match but he hope its against someone the can showcase a little something. 

I want Crowe to turn heel because I would work better for him and NXT needs a new top level heel since Owens is being phased out of NXT plus I want to see Crowe vs Joe

So, now that we're pretty sure Sasha/Becky II won't be happening at Takeover, where and when will it happen? I'm so enamored with the first one that I'm a little bummed we won't be getting part two this month. I think it'll happen BUT will the match still get the time and freedom to be great on a main roster show?

Wishful thinking would be on a PPV for the Diva's title.  Reality would be depending if the whole "Diva's Revolution" pans out.  They've been giving them time on the main roster, so hopefully HHH would push for a NXT style match on a PPV soon.