DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Can I just say that I love the fact that the crowd chanted for them to NOT beat up the woman?

I mean, if this was 10-15 years ago, the crowd goes nuts while Bliss takes the whirling dervish.

And if it was 25 years ago in World Class, the crowd goes nuts while Alexis gets spanked.

But tonight... "Chivalry chivalry" chants.

This made me really happy. I loved that they actually worked that spot, too. Obviously the Vaudes were mad that this pain in the ass cost them the titles. And they were angry and pissed but didn't just not physically harm a woman (despite how she wronged them). And, not just that, but they remained true to their chivalrous nature. And Bliss took advantage of their nature and humiliated them, like a truly awful human being.

A+ segment.

And yay to wrestling fans for not being the worst for once.

In related news, Vince Russo's brain exploded.

• Like 1

Yeah, Bliss was definitely awesome at the end there. She just needs to bring more of that shitty nature to everything else she does. 

Also loved the CHI-VAL-RY chants from the crowd. 

Alexa Bliss got off easy tonight. Why is it SO HARD for WWE to be consistent with its man/woman violence. Just don't have the women ever hit the men. It just comes off cheap if the man getting slapped cannot get his revenge by chokeslamming his slapper (man or woman) through a flamming table.

I knew someone was going to make a comment like this. Of course it was you.

• Like 3

Can I just say that I love the fact that the crowd chanted for them to NOT beat up the woman?

I mean, if this was 10-15 years ago, the crowd goes nuts while Bliss takes the whirling dervish.

And if it was 25 years ago in World Class, the crowd goes nuts while Alexis gets spanked.

This made me really happy. I loved that they actually worked that spot, too. Obviously the Vaudes were mad that this pain in the ass cost them the titles. And they were angry and pissed but didn't just not physically harm a woman (despite how she wronged them). And, not just that, but they remained true to their chivalrous nature. And Bliss took advantage of their nature and humiliated them, like a truly awful human being.

A+ segment.

Would the crowd have reacted differently if it was Enzo/Cass though? (Assuming Carmella wasn't around) It's in the Vaudevillians nature to act chivalrous. I could see the crowd wanting Enzo and Cass to get retribution on Alexa

It's Gregg's default strawman argument whenever someone doesn't gush over a worker like he does.  See earlier this year, when he claimed that no one would have a problem with the Roman Reigns push if he'd come from ROH or NJPW.

Scrolling right past Gregggg's posts is one of life's little pleasures.

• Like 4

A+ segment.

In related news, Vince Russo's brain exploded all over Tommy Dreamer.

FTFY

• Like 1

The 'it's going to be ugly' means I think we are going to see some kind of Bearded Lady. Actually I'm probably overthinking it; it's just going to be Marcus Louis.

They need Blue Pants!

I don't think blue pants would really fit their gimmick, I wouldn't consider that really an olde timey ensemb...I see my mistake now

Best Dawson has looked so far in ring.

Dana's got great heat. She really is what Eva should look to be.

Gable is smooth as silk with his transitions. How long has he been training?

Graves definitely plays D&D.

OH MY GOTCH!

kcUPz8cl.jpg

Bliss was straight up video-game evil villain.

d1wQd1jl.jpg

The Vaudevillains are going to bring in Steampunk Becky.

NXT is the best.  Just a snappy hour of programming with a nice squash-squash-feature-squash-squash-main event structure especially lately.  Regal is outstanding as the beleaguered General Manager who has to deal with lunatics like Bull and Breeze while also managing psychopaths like Owens.  The commentary team while weak in a lot of areas (Byron is a poor face representative on color) does a good job of not making anyone look like a total joke including the job guys.  Elias Sampson is quickly becoming that hidden highlight in the shows where he sneaks in a little something like baiting Jordan while in a Gable headlock and rocking a forearm to the face.  Oh Gable... Gable is so good already.  And then Dana Brooke is like nailing character stuff now which wouldn't have been conceivable a month ago.  She's a great motor mouthed punk.  YAP YAP YAP YAP!  Main event was probably BAMFs best outing as a poor man's Heavenly Bodies where they worked to their strengths of good ring positioning and feeding the faces.  They still aren't captivating working heat though.  English and Gotch did their parts but the finish was telegraphed when Aiden had to bounce over towards Bliss.  Bliss is a great second and jerk heel too BeTeeDubs and will do well when the top of the women's card clears out shortly.

• Like 1

The 'it's going to be ugly' means I think we are going to see some kind of Bearded Lady. Actually I'm probably overthinking it; it's just going to be Marcus Louis.

They need Blue Pants! 

I'm all for the Vaudevillians picking up the 1910s version of Cherry.

Thunderkitty is right there.

I got you all in check.

ladybeard-1.jpg

Someone a million years ago on this board compared Lance Russell's role in Memphis to that of Kermit The Frog on "The Muppet Show". Regal is kind of the same thing.

And apropos of nothing, Dawson's slingshot suplex on Enzo was fucking spectacular.