DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

But, at the same time, somebody must have deemed Sara not photogenic enough for an on-camera working role.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's one part laughable and one part shitty that there's this supposed revolution in WWE female wrestling, led by a woman they didn't let on TV.  "She's talented but not sexy enough, so let's make her a trainer."  Don't kid yourselves, dudes.  "Hot" is still the number one factor in WWE hiring women.  We're removed from the days of Johnny Ace hiring models from bikini catalogs, but not that far removed.

• Like 2

Sure, but that;s in NXT, That's not Raw and Smackdown.

Well, yeah, but isn't that the most sensical way to do it? You tinker with NXT, then when you find what works, you apply those changes to the main shows. Plus then you have a stable platform to develop more talent down the line. Everyone keeps saying nothing will change over night, but that Raw segment was the culmination of work they've been doing for like two years.

Since being Ric Flair's daughter is so much a part of Charlotte's gimmick, why don't they call her Charlotte Flair???

Nobody new has a last name anymore in WWE. Duh.

Women only have first name, men only have last names.

• Like 1

I really want to see Sasha/Becky II.

But since Sasha/Becky/Charlotte are all on Raw now... Might we get a BATTLE OF THE FOUR HORSEWOMEN at the next NXT Takeover? And as the main event?

I have a feeling they're saving Sasha/Becky II for a WWE PPV. Give the women some time at say FastLane, let em go to a draw to set up Sasha/Becky/Charlotte at Mania

Crazy fantasy (NXT inspired booking): An eight-woman tournament to crown Nikki's #1 contender.  If they're starting with a reset, might as well start from scratch, and a tournament would give them opportunities to get their characters over and create/reinforce new/existing rivalries.

You could expand it to 16 people to give all of the new people a chance to win one match by including Nattie, Emma, Cameron, Summer, Rosa, err... Blue Pants?  I'm drawing a blank on the now deemed unimportant divas.

Sure, but that;s in NXT, That's not Raw and Smackdown.

Well, yeah, but isn't that the most sensical way to do it? You tinker with NXT, then when you find what works, you apply those changes to the main shows. Plus then you have a stable platform to develop more talent down the line. Everyone keeps saying nothing will change over night, but that Raw segment was the culmination of work they've been doing for like two years.

Yup....it does make the most sense. I still don't see the river changing course on the main roster that quickly. I hope I'm wrong but, well, it is the WWE and we know how Vince likes to book women and, on Raw, big daddy still holds the reins.

• Like 1

Just gonna leave this story here about Vince, Dunn, Hayes, and HHH lest we get too invested in the WWE Women's Revolution.  I'm sure HHH has gotten better since having two girls of his own and, to be fair, he's not the worst guy in this story.  Still, as long as the over the hill wannabe frat boys are in charge, forget it. 

Perhaps the following scene will be more instructive. You are on the WWE corporate jet. Imagine every rock star plane in any movie: four captain’s chairs facing each other in the front. Behind them, two benches facing each other across the aisle on which are crammed the writers. The captains? Vince, KD, Michael Hayes, HHH (Steph was on maternity leave, of Hayes would have been on the bench). We’re flying back from TV after taping one of the early WWECW shows. Kelly Kelly has just been introduced as the domestic [violence] partner of Mike Knox.

Hayes: She just feels cold, you know? She’s not connecting.

Vince: Mm. She needs to find her sensuality.

KD hops up and down in seat with sniggering laughter in that “Hey, boss, pay attention to me” way. Vince turns to him.

KD: She NEEEEDS to find some TITS!

KD continues to snicker, eyes on Vince, begging for approval. Vince snorts. Conversation continues.

This kind of thing? The tendency to present women as only softcore objects? Those conversations came every single day, and KD was the WORST about pissing on any serious woman’s program.

I don't think about it much, but everytime Kevin Dunn is brought up I think "Why is that piss stain not fired yet?" then proceed to hope for a situation where they have no choice but to let him go.  He always seems like the worst offender, even with Vince being seen as out of touch.

But, at the same time, somebody must have deemed Sara not photogenic enough for an on-camera working role.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's one part laughable and one part shitty that there's this supposed revolution in WWE female wrestling, led by a woman they didn't let on TV.  "She's talented but not sexy enough, so let's make her a trainer."  Don't kid yourselves, dudes.  "Hot" is still the number one factor in WWE hiring women.  We're removed from the days of Johnny Ace hiring models from bikini catalogs, but not that far removed.

From what I've seen of her in bits and pieces, she looks perfectly fine for an on air role. I'd like to see her featured more prominently for what she's done but for all I know she might have no interest in that and be perfectly fine with what she has with the company.

24-620x350.jpg

I'm kinda hoping Lucha Underground wins an Emmy, so Vince will look at Kevin Dunn and be like "WTF? You;ve been in charge of production for like 30 yrs., and we've never been nominated...."

I don't think about it much, but everytime Kevin Dunn is brought up I think "Why is that piss stain not fired yet?" then proceed to hope for a situation where they have no choice but to let him go.  He always seems like the worst offender, even with Vince being seen as out of touch.

According to Cornette something Dunn's father did earned him a job for life.

I wasn't able to focus on the middle part of the show. Re Sasha/Charlotte, Charlotte is not a good base and should focus less on agile moves and more on stuff like spears and big boots and slapping the shit out of people and holy shit did Charlotte lose a bunch of her hair? That immediately elevated the hell out of this match, the women's equivalent of blood.

I want to see Charlotte in a shit ton of brawls now where she just does forearms and open-hand slaps and big boots and rips her opponent's hair out. Plus, when she got pissed and started just slapping Sasha wildly or when Sasha had her in that leglock and Charlotte slapped her, so Sasha just slapped the shit out of Charlotte's stomach right back, that was great. I'm pretty sure that turned into a real fight somewhere in there, so if it didn't, they totally got me to buy in on that one. Sloppy, mostly on Charlotte's part, but that was pretty great because it seemed like a legit heated fight where someone was going to get badly hurt.

Yeah, it wasn't Banks/Lynch great, but it was damn good and got seriously raw down the stretch. I mention it often, but Sasha's back stabber into the Bank Statement is my favorite regular spot in wrestling right now. And the stuff Sasha does with the straight jacket hold is fucking amazing.

TIL: Charlotte has (had) hair extensions.

Also, Gable looked silky smooth and that finish was something else.

• Like 1