DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah, for a developmental territory, NXT is full of counter intuitive stuff like this. Barron Corbin is not becoming a better worker doing 25 second TV squashes.

I also swear I'm not Les Thatcher.

His house show matches are, by most accounts, way longer though.

Obviously Baron Corbin never works longer matches at house shows or when he shows up to work at a performance center dedicated to turning him into a pro wrestler every single day. That big gym with the 17 rings in it is entirely for show.

I got an alert on earlier that HHH was going to anounce Tough Enough tryouts on Raw tonight, I makes me think he wants to give NXT/The Perfomance a rub by TE being on USA. This could give NXT a cable presence without having to have the Active NXT guys on  Raw being an after though like Charlotte was last year. I like the fact that they'll have a Male and female winner too i just wish Austin was in this one. seems like HHH wants to take charge in this TE season because i guess he has an investment in the winners because they'll be in Orlando eventually

Konnor was over as a Hack Myers-like character, to the point they'd yell "Shah!" with his strikes. Victor wasn't over. And the moment they got attached to Itami, their overness dropped like a rock.

To be fair, the Ascension were two dimensional paper thin, they already lost their luster when their streak was broken. (And before that they lost their mystique when the other guy DUI, they compensated with a winning streak.)

It was only a matter of who should benefit from them jobbing; Itami and Balor were as good a pair of candidates as you can get.

NXT will be doing a house show in Albany, NY on May 16th.  Not much of a heads up for the show given it is only a month away

Just great. I'll be away on vacation.

Edit 04/24/2015:

Just got this yesterday. Not only am I missing seeing these guys live for the first time, they're returning to a venue the WWE hasn't used since I was a kid.

igc3ex.jpg

Enzo's in-ring haplessness is becoming legendary.  He literally can't maintain control of a match for more than a few seconds before the opponent mows him down and he needs Cass to bail him out.

I don't recall a lot of his matches pre-Network, and I know he was injured for a while, but how is Enzo as a wrestler?  I know the loudmouth who can't back it up thing is essentially a gimmick akin to everyone believing Gunner Scott was a good wrestler due to that being his gimmick, I'm just curious how much is art imitating life.

Enzo can actually wrestle, he was alright before the injury. I think Enzo being so damn hapless kinda holds the team back. Then again if you book it that Cass can't save Enzo...but Enzo wins the belts on his own that'd be cool to see.

I'm not so sure NXT road shows will lose money, given the fact that the wrestlers are already under contract. If talent pay is a sunk cost, then all that's left is paying ring crew and other support workers, transportation costs (and the ring and such will probably be coming from Connecticut rather than Florida) and the cost of the house. If they pack houses and sell merch, there's no reason it can't be a moneymaker.

I'm not so sure NXT road shows will lose money, given the fact that the wrestlers are already under contract. If talent pay is a sunk cost, then all that's left is paying ring crew and other support workers, transportation costs (and the ring and such will probably be coming from Connecticut rather than Florida) and the cost of the house. If they pack houses and sell merch, there's no reason it can't be a moneymaker.

It's probably because HHH will get a huge percentage of the gate because he drew all the fans there.  Like 88%.

Finally watching last week's ep.

I think most of you missed the mark a bit. Dana Brooke didn't look good by any stretch. But she has tons of swag. Tons. If she makes the right moves, she's gonna be a capital B Big Deal.

• Like 1

Hold the fucking phone..... Gregg doesn't like Arrested Development???

Haha! It's weird. Anything with too much narration annoys me too much.

I get why everyone loves it, though. I think a lot of it is really funny. But it just doesn't click for me. I think it's something that's very good that I, for whatever reason, don't enjoy. I'm also the same way with Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Atleast WWE is okay with losing thousands of dollars a show at the start of them making NXT a full-time road show. Then again, I'm sure they'll sell almost everything they bring.

So is it confirmed that Samoa Joe is debuting on NXT tomorrow night?

Joe's been pushed back a month or so. 

The show was sorta "eh" this week. My favorite parts were Tyler Breeze being unimpressed, Kevin Owens's interview that he spent kinda blowing off Alex Riley, and Sasha Banks mocking Becky Lynch's accent. 

Maybe it was just me, but I hated the finish of the triple threat and thought that it didn't make sense. If Charlotte has Bayley's shoulders down in part via the Figure Four, doesn't that make it a double-pin at the very least? Ric Flair won matches where his opponents' shoulders were on the mat while in the Figure Four. By that logic, Charlotte was a key part of that cover as well as Becky Lynch. Maybe I'm just overthinking this one. 

It wasn't the best show. Balor/Dillinger was basically a squash. Itami/Parker wasn't, but probably should have been. Riley/Owens II was better than the first, but I just don't think Riley's got anything we haven't seen.

Still probably the best wrestling show I'll see all week.