DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I really like the guest trainer idea.  It is almost like a brief "Veteran in Residence" type of thing.  They should keep it up and try to get as many people as they can down there for a while.  Imagine the podcasts that would come from Austin doing this for a week or two.

The gut check judges chose him over Adam Pearce

I remember that match now.  I know one match does not define how good a wrestler one is.  But that gut check match was horrid, and mainly due to Magno.  I'm hoping he's been better before and after that match.

I'm not familiar with Uhaa or Mckay, but considering the reputations they have I'm glad they've been signed.

LOL my thoughts exactly.  She sounds like Chyna but looks more like that Living Barbie person.

It's funny how, even though he's hired so many people who don't fit the mold, HHH's preferences still sneak through sometimes.  Maybe there's a quota, or he has a punch-card like at a sandwich shop, like for every X amount of good wrestlers with average physiques he hires, he gets to pick up one roid beast.  "Two more skinny indy guys and then I get to sign that tranny chick with the big arms bro."

• Like 2

Dana already drives me pretty insane with her whole "grope my armpit after every conceited statement" thing.  Heard she's not bad in the ring though.  Curious to see.  I mean, one would think so with all the hype, since she's not really special in the looks department.

I'm very disappointed, after all the shit I've read on Twitter about her, that Dana Brooke match was completely inoffensive. The way people were carrying on I expected it to be a Gayda-like disaster and it wasn't. Fuck the people in Full Sail and "journalists" for shitting on her like that. I hope she keeps the spot where she hauled off and kicked Leva in the crotch as a regular spot, she can the Fuerza Guerrera of NXT Divas.

Dana did not have a very good debut. Quite sloppy, and that groping herself and flexing her arms thing she did over and over got annoying real quick. I was not impressed. She has a lot of room to improve if she's ever going to make it past NXT.

And what exactly is Solomon Crowe supposed to be? He's a hacker? He's a troll? What is his character? What is his voice? "We now return you to your regularly scheduled program"? How did he interrupt anything? He had a wrestling match on a wrestling show. Nothing out of the oridinary there. He just gives me nothing to connect to. I know nothing of him from his indy days, so I guess I just don't get the hype here and why the crowd is so in to him. He's shown me nothing so far on NXT. However, the Stretch Muffler is a much better finisher than that slingslot splash thing he did in his debut.

I think it's pretty obvious that Carmella will be turning on Enzo and Cass whenever they get their title shot. Or maybe it's so "obvious" that it's too telegraphed and the "turn" will be her staying with them and costing Blake & Murphy the titles. Her doing the face mannerisms during Enzo's speil seemed out of place. People just don't want to like her, and she seems out of place as a face. She should be heel.

Thought the Zayn/Rhyno match was quite good. Surprised Rhyno took the fall here, though. Seemed like the obvious build was an eventual match with Rhyno and Owens, but the point of Rhyno being in NXT is to put guys over. And a loss to the #1 face of the company isn't going to really affect him.

Really just a one match show in the main event and the rest was just there. Looking forward to some fresh episodes and not stuff that is a month + in the can already.

That was a perfectly inoffensive debut match from a newly trained professional wrestler taking on an indie darling who isn't a full-time NXT performer. Dana didn't look hopeless in there. That's pretty much the best you can hope for.

Dana definitely has some growing to do, but her debut wasn't anything terrible. I do hope she cuts down the flexing and stretching a bit. It did get annoying. I'm just a tad disappointed though as I was hoping for something more. For someone bragging about her strength with the constant flexing, it felt odd how she used pretty much no strength/power moves.

I really liked Zayn/Rhyno. Zayn is imo the best baby face worker in WWE. Nobody works from underneath better, and he brings the fire in his comebacks.

The problem new women are going to have in NXT is they're wrestling in front of an audience conditioned to expect good to great womens matches on a regular basis. I've seen several diva matches on the main roster recently as bad or worse than Brooke/Blue Pants.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to think of Crowe or what hacking has to do with his in ring character, but I did enjoy him and Parker beating the shit out of each other.

While Enzo and Cass have their act down perfect, they still need to work on getting better in the ring.  At this point, Enzo's only useful when he's getting thrown around by Cass.  Speaking of, is Enzo the long lost 3rd member of PG 13?

Brooke will be ok as long as she stop trying too hard character wise and acts more natural.  Workwise, she's probably at or a little below Bliss, but NXT there for these girls to learn so i wouldn't be too worried. 

Crowe's still missing that extra something.  He's pretty solid, but nothing really stands out about him.  Hopefully he'll be able to find it.

Brooke looked her best selling the kicks from Bates. She looked her worst on what was either supposed to be punches or cross-face strikes when Bates was face down. Whatever they were, they had more air than Cena's old shoes. I think they need to keep her away from TV for a while. She's not close to ready.

I'm gonna miss Parker. He was pretty much perfect for his role. I understand why he wanted out, though. Crowe looked better tonight than since his re-debut. I still don't know where they go with him, though.

I feel like Rhyno got a bit hurt tonight by all the long "omg how'd he kick out" pantomiming. I know this was largely a vehicle to set up Zayn-Owens II, and that's probably the right move, but Sami can show heart without it making Rhyno look like a big dumbass.

Dana Brooke is naturally annoying. She seems like someone I would be irritated by in real life. This heel thing works for her. Her match was fine. She's a rook, so I don't expect greatness. She'll figure out that the ridiculous sexy pose spamming is less "heel annoying" and more "just frankly annoying I'm gonna fast forward now" soon enough.

Enzo as the little dude that Cass has to bail out is pretty much the stock way they should work every match. 

They should just go ahead with the Carmella heel turn.

At least there's no more rebound headbutt for Crowe! I liked the Stretch Muffler, but otherwise, he's so unremarkable in every way.

Corbin needs a feud with someone who can help him get better. We're past the squash match point with this guy. Time to move Rhyno over to him. 

Rhyno/Zayn was okay, mostly because Rhyno can be pretty mean when on top and abusing a face and Sami is very easy to root for. Great facial expressions. Gets sympathy from me easily. 

NXT guys don't need 80's WWF gimmicks.  That's the problem with Crowe.  Owens and Zayn are successful in part because they have subtle gimmicks.  Contrast that with Crowe and Breeze.  Breeze is decent in-ring but the model shit is fucking dumb.  So is the hacker stuff with Crowe.

So Blue Pants got screwed vs. Brooke. Brooke pulled Pants too far back while pinning her and pulled both of Pants shoulders off the mat before the count of two but the ref still counted three. I think we have justification for a Pants/Brooke rematch at the next set of NXT tapings.

I fear for Enzo and Cass because once Cass figures it all out, it's going to be very hard for Vince to want to keep him in a tag team with Enzo. However I think Enzo would be a great manager for Cass on the main roster.

So Riley's going to be the one to get the first win over Owens right? The WWE style booking is Zayn distracts Owens who is putting one helluva beating on Riley, Riley someone rolls up the champ, Owens goes ballistic and now wants to fight Zayn, then Zayn goads Owens into putting up the belt and by the next Takeover we have Zayn/Owens for the belt.

Dana looks like a fitness model, not a bodybuilder (some great wrestlers have come from that field). She'd be good as a power wrestler, hope they train her that way (the closest NXT has to this would be Charlotte). She's as green as you can get wrestling wise but she's got the heel persona down pat.

Crowe looked good (I already miss CJ :(). His biggest flaw is the disconnect between his gimmick and his in ring. Can't think of any way a hacker character would work except maybe as a mastermind/manipulator; either he plays innocent and use his skills to get matches in his favor or he's part of a stable where his skills are useful.

NXT guys don't need 80's WWF gimmicks.  That's the problem with Crowe.  Owens and Zayn are successful in part because they have subtle gimmicks.  Contrast that with Crowe and Breeze.  Breeze is decent in-ring but the model shit is fucking dumb.  So is the hacker stuff with Crowe.

The big difference between the two gimmicks: you can easily communicate and personify being a model in ring whereas a hacker would require Coachella hologram smoke & mirrors to work in ring.