DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Granted, Wrestlemania is a much bigger deal than working Kanemaru or Kendo Kashin

3 minutes in a battle royal is a bigger deal than a 20 minute match for the GHC Jr championship? That said, whatever is "bigger" doesn't mean what we saw wasn't genuine. Kenta'd been working in front of NOAH crowds for years. Maybe a mostly-American Mania crowd in a football stadium seems like a whole other world for him.

I was mostly just burying Kendo Kashin.  All kidding aside, I can see where it's a massive deal for him, because he made it to a level that very few of his countrymen have.  He's done something that even the most legendary names in Japan haven't done.

I just watched the Breeze-Itami match from last week. It wasn't really an epic, so I don't really see it as a 'feud-winner' - everyone knows Itami hit the GTS on Breeze in a later match and so it was just a match with a slightly surprising finish. The Beauty Shot is over, but NXT's main-event style is 'war of attrition' style bomb-dropping, more ROH than ECW, and that doesn't suit Breeze much. I think he'll get called up this year anyway.

"Corey Graves is the fucking shits" - comment from Meltzer on observer radio

I haven't seen last night's show but based on the last couple shows he has really downgraded as an announcer. Not that he was that great to begin with.   It is clear that he is taken the Alex Riley role of the heel announcer who will just say stupid stuff because that is what Michael Cole did in 2010

I think he got him confused with Byron Saxton

"Corey Graves is the fucking shits" - comment from Meltzer on observer radio

I haven't seen last night's show but based on the last couple shows he has really downgraded as an announcer. Not that he was that great to begin with.   It is clear that he is taken the Alex Riley role of the heel announcer who will just say stupid stuff because that is what Michael Cole did in 2010

I think he got him confused with Byron Saxton

They all look alike.

• Like 1

They need to br very selective with who they do these for.

10 minutes of KO talking about being the "last indy star to get signed" and how he hurts people to make money for the son he named after Owen Hart would see him become the most over face in the company!

I posted this in the main thread without seeing this.  One of my boys made in there.  Levis Valenzuela(dude to the right of the big mother fucker in the middle), he went by Manny Garcia around here.  Definitely look him up.

Radomir Petkovic looks like an absolutely monster.

• Radomir Petkovic (Belgrade, Serbia) — European Vice Champion at the 2010 European Wrestling Championships and was a two-time bronze medalist at 2009 Mediterranean Games in Greco-Roman and Freestyle. Speaks Russian and English.

I posted this in the main thread without seeing this.  One of my boys made in there.  Levis Valenzuela(dude to the right of the big mother fucker in the middle), he went by Manny Garcia around here.  Definitely look him up.

He definitely has the most interestling résumé of the bunch.

Does anyone have the full breakdown of who these people are (ie: their old wrestling names)

At quick glance - I only recognize Nation and Jessica McKay