DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

It's disturbing how much watching this all of a day later than I normally would felt like trying to kick an addiction and failing.

Sweet sweet NXT...

The sign during Corbin's entrance: Brood Harder.

Was it just me or did Bálor land that stomp extra hard on Kendrick? Possibly a receipt for the suplex?

So, even before the Owens stuff, it seems like they're trying to switch Riley to face color commentator. Maybe reign in his more annoying habits?

Yeah that Tiger Suplex was BRUTAL, I thought the stomp was a receipt as well

I watched the Owens segment again.

The dude is the best kind of wrestling sociopath. He is totally using the "guy trying to feed his family" thing as cover to act like a total heartless person. He believes absolutely zero words of it and anyone who dares challenge him on that point must pay some severe consequences.

Truly magical work right now.

• Like 2

Total agree Owens is the most compelling act in WWE right now. It just feels fresh, and with HHH talking about the reality era this is a great character for it. As others have mentioned the death stare to Riley, and the way everybody at the booth sold the tension was great.

Baily vs Becky Lynch was great as was Balor vs Kendrick. I look forward to seeing Rhyno and Brain Kendrick in NXT. The Owens-Riley segment was great. aslo old school booking gives Kevin a mini feud with Riley giving time for Balor tile match to build up and not just hotshot it. Booking 101 but so many times has it been screwed up. Thats my smark statement for the day.

Just watched this weeks episode of NXT earlier. God, the show is night and day compared to RAW and Smackdown. The announcing for one makes every match interesting...but we all agree on that.

I'm kinda sad that Tyler Breeze got pushed back down the line in NXT with Baylor and everyone else above him now. That selfie stick wrapped in a boa is so damn amazing. I wished he was the one to beat Nevelle. There would have been so much potential with him being Shawn Michaels circa 1992 ducking everyone. Give him a diva to be his Sherri...have her carry the damn selfie stick.

Bayley vs. Becky was such a fun match. I hope they are building up to an I Quit match with them. Bayley is just so awesome. It's impossible to hate anything she does. Becky on the same token is a really great heel. She would be the type to deflate the wacky inflatable arm waving men on Bayley's intro.

Seeing THE Brian Kendrick agian was great. It amazed me how much TNA fucked up having him on the roster and doing nothing really with him. Balor vs. Kendrick was a fun match. I like the whole "old guys coming to NXT for another shot" angle they got going with him and Rhino. Can't wait to see who else they bring in for that.

The stuff with Owens and Reily was great. It showed the glaring difference between the main announce team and the NXT team. They could have run this same exact angle with say Booker T and Rusev. No one would really care. Here,  I'm somewhat interested in an Alex Reily match in 2015 several years after the main show killed him when they turned him on The Miz and did nothing with him.

I wonder if Owens will end up attacking Corey Graves at some point. I love the old "I can't wrestle, but I sure as hell can fight" deal guys who can't wrestle do at some point.

Overall a fun show as always. Smackdown would be amazing in this format.

I wonder if Owens will end up attacking Corey Graves at some point. I love the old "I can't wrestle, but I sure as hell can fight" deal guys who can't wrestle do at some point.

Corey Graves stopped wrestling for health reasons. Alex Riley stopped wrestling because no one wanted to see him wrestle.

• Like 6

Corey Graves stopped wrestling for health reasons. Alex Riley stopped wrestling because no one wanted to see him wrestle.

I know why Graves can't wrestle. From a drama standpoint that would be an really good moment to show how Kevin Owens has no moral concern for anyone but himself. I don't know if it was here or on reddit, but someone compared Owens to Walter White. He's just supporting his family. Taking out any percieved threat.

Yeah it's gotta be a matter of time before we get Owens vs. Regal because Regal won't allow him to injure someone else.

I know why Graves can't wrestle. From a drama standpoint that would be an really good moment to show how Kevin Owens has no moral concern for anyone but himself.

And from a medical standpoint, Graves stopped wrestling due to repeated concussions, meaning he's about one notch above Edge in how much the guy can bump.

Great to see Kendrick again, always liked him, good match with Balor. Becky Lynch looked amazing and comes off like a star. Rhyno promo ruled. Love the Owens/Riley stuff. As one of the few huge Riley fans, very much looking forward to more of that.

Was Regal's last match against Cesaro?  If that was his "retirement" match, then I can't think of a better way for him to end it.  An actual match with Owens wouldn't work for me, but a physical altercation could work.  Love the idea of teasing to hurt Graves, but not until they have a Balor/Owens match setup for the special.

Rhyno's promo was fantastic.  He didn't come across at all like a guy from the past or somebody trying to get on the main roster.  He appeared to be 100% focused on NXT and that's going to lead to some fun matches.  Also smart to hype Kendrick up instead of the surprise entrance that Rhino had.  The fans liked Rhyno more which led to a helluva reaction.

You can give divas a chance all you want, but there isn't two women on the main roster that could have the match Sasha and Charlotte did. It's between Sasha and Owens for the best heel in the WWE right now. Sasha played chicken shit early, then went to total badass working on top with some great trash talk arrogant heel work thrown in. She's also an outstanding bumper, and she made that spear look great. If Charlotte was more sympathetic this could have been even better, but she brought the fire, and when she gets on a roll busting out crazy shit it's pretty awesome. 

Buddy and Blake desperately need to develop some character if they want to keep the belts. Speaking of character Emma got more character development in 30 seconds than her whole time on the main roster.

I thought Bull looked the best he ever has, and Crowe didn't show much but it's early. Great Rhyno video as well.

Then there was the part where NXT made Alex Riley a more likeable baby face than the guy Vince is pushing to headline Mania.

• Like 1

That headbutt would be slightly offensive as a goofy signature mid-match move. It's a career killer as a finish.

Sasha's trash talk was immense. That woman has presence. Charlotte doesn't but she's such a freak athlete she'll probably have a good career based on that alone. She needs to bust out her father's "oh, God!" babyface sell.

I see that everyone also thinks that rebound headbutt was terrible. And unveiled right after a match where like 75% of it went to Bull freakin' Dempsey.

Tyler Breeze showing promise at comedy wrestling was lovely.

Charlotte's shit-talking was pretty good too. "You gonna fight me tonight or what?" Sasha as a shit-talking chickenshit heel is sublime, though. I thought the best spot of the night was them struggling over the arm after the crossface and pin attempt trades. 

Kevin Owens maybe should win March Madness for making me and the Full Sail mutants root for Alex Riley for a minute there.

I sure hope they feud Corbin with a solid veteran worker for a few months. If Kidd weren't up in the big show, he'd be perfect for Corbin.

Where is Chad Gable? I want to see more of that guy.