DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

My question is, who are Carolina Panthers fans? My mom's family is from NC and a lot of my cousins are Redskins fans.

I grew up a Redskins fan, and the Panthers showed up just when the Redskins started to long slow slide into WTFery. It was pretty easy to switch my allegiance, especially since I would actually be able to see the games. You couldn't pay me to be a Falcons fan. :-p

• Like 1

I was raised a Cowboys fan, but I was only 12 when the Panthers began play, so it was natural to start rooting for the home team.

My dad stuck with Dallas, so it could get interesting around here if they both manage to pull the upsets.

More Panthers fans. Bears fans are just louder and tend to bring crappy drinks to the DVDVR tailgating parties. :P

It's just jae, Jraq, me and one other as far as I know, but the Bears are so sad that there's no point in bitching much. You and I are the only Colts fans too I think.

Well while we're all sharing our roads to Panthers fandom, might as well toss mine in as I'm probably the most random and assuredly farthest away of the group.

I pretty much immediately jumped on as soon as the Rams and Raiders left town.  There was no chance in hell I was rooting for the Chargers, and I hated the 49ers with a passion so they were out.  I clearly remember watching the Panthers beat the 49ers 13-7 in their inaugural season at Candlestick and that pretty much did it.  

The next season they signed Kevin Greene, who was my favorite Ram as a kid, and that cemented it.

Plus their uniforms are so pretty.  How could you not love this team?

• Like 1

Who is the most hated team left?  Your options are Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens and Seahawks.

I'm pretty sure nobody hates Carolina or Indy. Denver might have some Manning haters but after they were torched in the Super Bowl last season that has died down a bit. Green Bay used to have some hate going on but THAT QB is long gone and everyone seems to like and respect Rodgers.

Jesus.  The only AFC team left that does not make me want to shoot things is the Colts.  Weirdly, despite the Ravens being the Ravens I hate them less than New England and Denver.  And I rooted for Denver over New England last year and still feel dirty about it.  But fuck New England.  Man, fuck those assholes.

NFC is pretty much just a matter of hating Dallas and Seattle.  Carolina and Green Bay don't bother me at all.

So I have a reason to hate all of the AFC teams left in the playoffs

Patriots (Always knocked Jags out of Playoffs)

Colts (It's the Colts)

Broncos (I hate their QB and can't wait for him to retire)

Ravens (Modern Day Lawless Raiders)

As for the NFC there's a reason I want each of them to win

Carolina (Cam trolling his way to the Lombardi trophy is awesome)

Packers (They're a very good football team)

Seattle (A few of the Jags have some ties there, also their fans are pretty chill)

Dallas (DC Sports Radio would be AWESOME. For all those that live around here could you imagine the Monday after the Super Bowl if the Cowboys beat the Ravens on some weird non-call)

I started being a Dolphin fan when I was 4. I started liking the Jaguars back in '07 when I moved there. I felt kinda cool to be able to support the local team. If that is what is called as a "homer", then count guilty as charged. I still am a Dolphins fan. I just don't say much due to the amount of support already on here.

Hate the Patriots exponentially more than my next most hated squad; the Ravens. I'm pretty cool with the rest of the remaining teams unless the Broncos end up playing the Cowboys in the Super Bowl because there would be nothing worse than Peyton having his Super Bowl XXIV re-enactment against the Cowboys. But who am I kidding? Peyton's way too broke down and deteriorated to do that to anybody. Hell, if the Broncos somehow snuck past the Ravens or even after chilling his bones up at Foxboro but somehow surviving, the pizza dealer would still be sore during the actual Super Bowl.

I hate the Ravens because I'm old and remember everyone in Baltimore bitching and whining about the Colts being stolen away and then they stick their mouths on the penis of the hideous Art Modell and steal the fucking Browns.  And force the Stallions to Montreal.  Yeah, fuck that team.

Everybody else, I just hate because they aren't the Cowboys.  

• Like 4

bergman-2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Says the guy who works for the world's largest "not for profit."  The NFL and its owners receive more money in corporate welfare and taxpayer handouts than all the regular poor people that those of his ilk like to demonize combined.

Please do find that new land and start over.  Please.

• Like 2