DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

2010 was a pretty strong year. 

2015 will be interesting if AJ Styles gets a run with the belt. And as a big Del Rio fan, I want to see his matches. Maybe they'll give Adam Cole a second reign (he shouldn't have lost it to Elgin in the first place)

I'm not trying to shit on the guy at all. I just didn't know what was going on the first time I saw him. I watched a little more of his stuff and he sounds like he is trying a bit TOO HARD at some points, but overall I can tell he is a fan and isn't some outsider pretending. My only advice to him would be to tone down The Is Right shit because it borderlines carny. ROH TV will officially jump-the-shark with me as soon as I hear Larry Mercer say STEPRIGHTUPFOLKS~! in a non-ironic way.

2015 will be interesting if AJ Styles gets a run with the belt.

Christ, I hope not.

AJ isn't getting the RoH belt while he's in the mix as a top guy in NJPW.

I would say that before today, yeah.  But he's at least got a pin over the current IWGP champ and will get another shot, so he won't see the RoH belt until that's over, at least.

Not saying it will happen this year, just that it's their one of their best shots in getting more buzz at their level. AJ is probably one of the only guy's that should be in serious contention for it just based on their roster. They haven't elevated too many people enough. 

Wrestle Kingdom pretty much confirmed NJPW is coming back to ROH in May, so that's another thing to look forward to as far as ROH goes.

No way AJ gets the title, he's too busy for that.  But they could do a respect kind of feud with him against Briscoe, I'd pay to watch that.

Completely random question, but what in the hell happened to Hero?  Forgot about him until the recap show.  Was there a falling out?  I was fine with his return and was hoping for more.

I think the issue is that he doesn't want to work for anyone he'd have to sign a contract with.  I could be just talking out my ass here but I vaguely recall hearing that some time back.

I did too, and Hero's the same deal, which was why he came and went so quickly.

Doesn't make sense to me, as there's always guys that come in once in a while.  You can't tell me Kendrick signed, and he's been on some shows off and on.  He could at least find a way to do the odd show here and there throughout the year.  Doesn't seem impossible to get, and there's a better chance if he's not on TV.  Then again, maybe I'm talking out of my ass.   :blink:

My impression is that ROH doesn't want to book certain guys unless they get them to commit to a contract and thus can control when and where they work outside of ROH.  They seem to be trying to avoid situations where guys miss big shows and tv tapings because they're committed to another promotion on those dates.

I watched the ACH/Lethal match that Alan gushed over. While I wouldn't call it ****3/4 like Alan did, I thought it was an unexpectedly solid match. I know Lethal is capable of good work, but this was the most complete match I had seen from ACH. This would probably be somewhere in my better matches of 2014 list.

I'm pretty sure Jake Dirden's Top Prospect Tournament match airs this coming weekend on the TV show...don't know anything about Donovan Dijak except that he's another big guy, so will be interested to see how the match goes.