DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Matthews should just do a Tazz imitation and act like there are 2 people in the booth. "I'm Josh Matthews"..."and I'm Tazz!!!". Maybe a hand puppet. Either way it would be a major upgrade from the actual Tazz.

Bibbidy bobbidy boo, I'm Taz! If my aunt had a yambag she'd be my uncle!

Fuck 'im. Put him in the database for all I care. Maybe he'll have better luck "commentating" the Dreamer shows.

This is interesting (from the WON via Gerweck):

TNA talents have been told that they are now free to work anywhere except on TV, meaning they are able to work on iPPV events for other promotions. TNA talents can’t work for Ring of Honor because the two companies are rivals but many are looking to get dates with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla or EVOLVE.

TNA talents have been told that they are now free to work anywhere except on TV, meaning they are able to work on iPPV events for other promotions. TNA talents can’t work for Ring of Honor because the two companies are rivals but many are looking to get dates with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla or EVOLVE.

Huh ... Angle to BOLA?

.... BA-HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Huh ... Angle to BOLA?

.... BA-HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Hardys for DDT4!

Is it wrong that I want Tazz to return to WWE? He and Michael Cole were actually a decent team, much better than Cole and his current partners. 

I thought I remembered a story where Cole was fed up with Tazz always ripping on him and making gay jokes about him?  Or did I make that up?

I am assuming it is this

Regarding TNA’s relationship with Destination America, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says “the honeymoon is pretty much over.” Discovery signed TNA as an experiment, hoping to bolster Destination America’s lineup. While TNA is by far the highest rated show in the history of the network, Discovery is very disappointed with TNA’s inability to generate ad revenue. The commercials that air during Impact Wrestling speak for themselves.

The network was expecting a much larger portion of the Spike TV audience to find Impact’s new home. Destination America is available in 61.7% of the homes that Spike TV is, yet the first-run episodes of Impact are drawing 30.2% the viewership that Impact was doing last year. Even factoring in the Impact replay, the show is still doing less than half the viewers it was doing on Spike TV in early 2014.

Rumorz of Live shows returing this spring

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-update-tna-live-events-expected-to-return-this-june-details-inside-here

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The current plan for TNA, as previously teased by Bill Ryder, is to start house shows back up in June.

The house show scheduled won’t be as regular or widespread as the previous tours, but the shows can be profitable by running smaller venues with the live production scaled back a bit. It will allow some of the promotion’s main talent to work more dates with the company and get them away from potentially competitive indie shows.

I am going back through this thread and I love that someone (either the person recapping it or Dave himself) called him "Bill" Ryder

I

I know this is not how I expected to spend my first forum post on these boards but like most of you, I am shocked, SHOCKED, that TNA is four months into a business relationship and already they have pissed off the other party.

Although tbf, Destination America's super nationalistic stance seems pretty insane.

I think saying "hey could you tape more of your shows in America" isn't really a "super nationalistic stance" for a company named Destination America. It doesn't bode well for the crowd heat of their TV shows, but I don't think it's unreasonable as a request. It's not like they said "hey fire all these Brits you have on your show."

• Like 1