DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I remember some interview during the Attitude Era where Vince said something like, "other people in the entertainment business ask me, 'when are you going to get rid of that ring?'""

Granted, these people only existed in Vince's head, but that tells you what his mindset is. 

The man despises the thing that made him successful and desperately wishes he was doing, I guess, some sort of scripted entertainment variety show of something.  You know, "legitimate" entertainment instead of rasslin'. 

I remember some interview during the Attitude Era where Vince said something like, "other people in the entertainment business ask me, 'when are you going to get rid of that ring?'""

Granted, these people only existed in Vince's head, but that tells you what his mindset is.

The man despises the thing that made him successful and desperately wishes he was doing, I guess, some sort of scripted entertainment variety show of something. You know, "legitimate" entertainment instead of rasslin'.

It's sad to see a man Vince's age, with all of his success hate what made him successful and deep down, probably hates himself. I'll never have anything close to the amount of money Vince McMahon does and I'm completely fine with that. I love my line of work and I'm ok with the person I turned out to be.

• Like 1

I always feel like people talk about Kevin Dunn like he is Mr. Big. Like he's the root of all evil doing in the movie and when it is revealed what he really looks like you're left with the feeling of 'That's it?' Not shocked because you know what he looks like because you're expecting someone more menacing looking.

Weird finisher question...

I really love the standing Boston crab and wished Jericho used that move than the traditional Boston crab. Given the talk about the Sharpshooter/Scorpion Deathlock in the WM thread, has anyone ever used a standing Sharpshooter as a finisher?

Well, if kayfabe was dead to beging with this is pretty much dancing on the coffin.

HHH, Steph and Daniel Bryan on the writing process.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2283701-inside-wwe-an-exclusive-look-at-how-a-pro-wrestling-story-comes-to-life?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial?is_shared=true

wait.

The two saw a pair of distinct but related missions as they decided to go forward with this story. The first was well under way—making fans fall in love with the unlikely Bryan. The harder job, they thought, would be making Stephanie one of the most believable, gleefully evil characters in WWE history

the hardest part of the Daniel Bryan storyline would be making Steph a heel authority figure? she's been doing that for years. 

Considering he's been the driving force behind signing Mistico, KENTA and Devitt I can buy Trips being willing to back a smaller guy as a big time player. 

He also grew up a fan of Ric Flair & Harley Race, not so much guys like Hulk Hogan. And his best friend is Shawn Michaels. So he's seen that size isn't all that matters in wrestling.

I'm not sure if Vince McMahon ever believed that though. Even after Rey Mysterio or Eddie Guerrero. He'll always seemingly go back to a guy like Batista.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/world-news/wrestling-great-booker-t-performs-spectacular-citizen-arrest-during-armed-robbery/

Envisioning this was pretty funny. Note use of "the wrestling" and "the television"

The only thing missing from that is Sharmell pulling out her iphone and using it to play the Harlem Heat theme song.

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/world-news/wrestling-great-booker-t-performs-spectacular-citizen-arrest-during-armed-robbery/

Envisioning this was pretty funny. Note use of "the wrestling" and "the television"

Is this legit?

I had the same question. Its not outright satire nor is anything else on the site that I saw. Really dry.

Is this legit?

No.  Though the world would be a better place if Booker T would go around foiling robberies then doing the spinaroonie.

Is this legit?

I had the same question. Its not outright satire nor is anything else on the site that I saw. Really dry.

Oh come on.

Yes, Booker T legitimately took off his shirt in a McDonald's, ran across tables and took out a gunman with a scissor kick, screaming "CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAAAA!" and then did a spinaroonie.

Fuck's sake...

• Like 2

Is this legit?

No.  Though the world would be a better place if Booker T would go around foiling robberies then doing the spinaroonie.

The bigger give-aways are the fact that there's no suburb of Houston called "South Houston", those are clearly not HPD police cars in the in photo, that's not a police station in the other photo, and a McDonald's was described as a "diner".

BrianS81177, on 22 Jan 2015 - 5:24 PM, said:

Considering he's been the driving force behind signing Mistico, KENTA and Devitt I can buy Trips being willing to back a smaller guy as a big time player. 

Yeah Haitch is buddies with Money Mayweather who's about 145 lbs, and just so happens to be the biggest draw on the planet.

Is this legit?
I had the same question. Its not outright satire nor is anything else on the site that I saw. Really dry.Oh come on.

Yes, Booker T legitimately took off his shirt in a McDonald's, ran across tables and took out a gunman with a scissor kick, screaming "CAN YOU DIG IT SUCKAAAA!" and then did a spinaroonie.

Fuck's sake...

Jesus dude I was kidding.

Is this legit?

No. Though the world would be a better place if Booker T would go around foiling robberies then doing the spinaroonie.

The bigger give-aways are the fact that there's no suburb of Houston called "South Houston", those are clearly not HPD police cars in the in photo, that's not a police station in the other photo, and a McDonald's was described as a "diner".

There is a South Houston, but it's an actual city just outside of Houston, not a suburb. So they were at least close to the mark on that one.

Man I'm having trouble finding it, but one of my all time favorite stories is when Yang visited friends backstage after his release, and was greeted by Vince "Hey, pal, how you feeling? Where you been?" only to have to tell him "Vince, you fired me."

I want to say that was on Art of Wrestling.