DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Dusty's boobs, elbow, and forehead, and splotch.

Trish's ass, legs, face, stomach, and hair.

Don't act like you wouldn't

On another note:

Jeff Hardy allegedly was knocked out backstage from a nasty bump at the Lockdown tapings. Video available at this link, though you can't see him hit the stairs, it's still a gross bump:

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0109/588392/video-jeff-hardy-takes-nasty-bump-at-tna-lockdown-tapings/

So the WWE has instructed Papercutz, publisher of their comic series, that in all reprints CM Punk is to be replaced by another wrestler. In the first storyline he and Cena are the two main protagonists, with his role being based around the "voice of the voiceless" thing. I stopped reading after the first couple of issues, but I think he plays a major role in the next storyline as well.

So, who do you think they tape to fill his shoes? Given that they can't really be someone who's already in the comic, that rules out the following (taken from comicbookdb.com):

I believe the stock answer for "knock-off CM Punk replacement" is "Corey Graves"

• Like 1

Punk came off well on InsideMMA, humble. Ross was on for a total of four short questions and then put his hat on because Kenny Rice mentioned it was the first time he'd seen him without it. Poor Jim just can't get a break.

EDIT: They also put over New Japan pretty good but the commercials are pure cheese and they need to cut that shit right the fuck out. Josh Barnett is still A #1 and the best

Hogan is already in the current storyline. It's kind of great, actually--sort of a WWE/Secret Wars mash up where WWE superstars from every era are brought together under mysterious circumstances to battle each other. You get awesome moments like Stone Cold turning heel on Hogan on a pirate ship, and a Composite Trish Stratus-Dusty Rhodes robot.

I'm more of a fan of Composite Cena:

tumblr_nfnx7qnnCM1qzp5ffo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Why should I trust Daily Wrestling News? Do they typically break news or seem to have reliable sources? I mean, that story isn't infeasible, but it's also the type of story that a big NXT fan or Vince hater would also make up and float as news. 

Why should I trust Daily Wrestling News? Do they typically break news or seem to have reliable sources? I mean, that story isn't infeasible, but it's also the type of story that a big NXT fan or Vince hater would also make up and float as news. 

I've known about it for two weeks.

• Like 4

I've known about it for two weeks.

Why should he trust you, though? Is there a reputable source?

Reading an awesome article about the history of the XFL, I read this quote from Basil DeVito (Worked with Vince McMahon since 1999, was XFL President, current WWE Board of Directors member and Senior Advisor of Business Strategy) and his description of how WWE works

One of our core points of view is that it's our job to put smiles on people's faces, whether it's in a WWE WrestleMania event, a WWE event in Des Moines, or whether it's on television or whether it's just walking down the street, that's our goal in life. When we applied the core beliefs and values of the WWE to the XFL, the fact is, we were looking to entertain people, utilizing professional football as the vehicle.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/5/7/5683742/xfl-oral-history

I feel like (unless this is something they abandoned) if this is still WWE's idea of what they're doing, that they need to reevaluate just what their fans want.

I mean, I get that they need to establish strong heels in order for the faces to beat someone worth beating in order to create those smiles, but there are too many instances over the past year where they had a chance to "put smiles on people's faces" and chose to forego that for their own agendas: the Royal Rumble; Bryan joining the Wyatts; Lesnar over Undertaker; Shield break-up; Lensar-Cena; the Bellas angle (What the hell was that, by the way?!); Ambrose-Rollins; Ziggler's post Survivor Series direction; Ambrose-Wyatt, Authority return; etc. etc.  when you contrast that with genuine feel-good moments: Bryan turns on Wyatts; Bryan at WM; Shield over Evolution; Cena over Wyatt; Ziggler/Sting-Authority you notice that moments where heels got hand over faces greatly overwhelms the feel-good moments.  Now, I understand most of those heel moments and why they were created, but when you're having to put your heels so repeatedly over your faces and foregoing possible "smile" moments for heels winning, doesn't it tell you that your writers are genuinely failing to create believable foils for your faces when they have to keep doing it over and over again.  

Full evening in indy wrestling around my neck of the woods with three shows this evening.  PWCS in Granite City (Colt Cabana vs. Dan Walsh), MMWA at South Broadway Athletic Club in St. Louis, and a new group called World Powerhouse Wrestling in Jerseyville.

Going to PWCS...should be a good time.  Cabana-Walsh should be ridiculous (in a good way).

Anybody know how Debra McMichael left the WWE? It seems like the WWE pretty much treats her like they treat Chyna and I'm not sure why that is. Did she completely burn her bridges within the WWE or is her character's strong connection to Owen and Jarrett (and tumultuous marriage to Austin) enough to blacklist her contributions??

tumblr_ngnc3vanTW1sg99p0o1_500.png

Meng, Debra and The Barbarian from last November

Anybody know how Debra McMichael left the WWE? It seems like the WWE pretty much treats her like they treat Chyna and I'm not sure why that is. Did she completely burn her bridges within the WWE or is her character's strong connection to Owen and Jarrett (and tumultuous marriage to Austin) enough to blacklist her contributions??

tumblr_ngnc3vanTW1sg99p0o1_500.png

Meng, Debra and The Barbarian from last November

I don't get why she was hired in 98. Before that she had been a fairly unover manager in WCW and had been off tv for nearly a year. 

My guess was they were fucking with WCW by hiring her and to a lesser extent Bossman, making WCW scared to release anyone.