DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Because, hey, it's already 2015 where I am, and I'm playing video games.

(Of course, if Rippa wants to kill this and start his own thread, fine.)

But yes, Dragon Age: Inquisition is awesome (as many of us already know), and after watching enough trailers for it, I'm getting pretty psyched for No Man's Sky, too.

And, of course, the next Mass Effect and Fallout games can't possibly get here fast enough.

• Like 1

I've got a Wii U and love all the games I have on it.  On the other hand, fate has determined that I drink a bottle of wild turkey and finally give time to XCOM on my PC.  Already I'm yelling at my screen saying things like "Oh yeah, fucking sniper is CLUTCH!".   I mean this isn't as tactical as Knight's of the Chalice but fuck you if it don't keep my ass clicking.

• Like 2

Still lots of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Working my way through a Hard game, with a f!Mage!Elf romancing Solas. This will end so badly, I know...

At some point I'd like to get my hands on the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD remake.

I'm playing Dark Souls II on PS3 with the hopes of beating it before Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin comes out on PS4.

Also, I'm planning on buying LESS games this year although it will be really hard (Persona 5 could see a US release this year, Bloodborne in March, The Witcher 3 in May, Arkham Knight in June, Uncharted 4 possibly this year, Zelda Wii U possibly this year, Starfox possibly this year, MGS V The Phantom Pain possibly this year, Kirby & the Rainbow Curse in February, The Order 1886 looks interesting) but I think I'll be OK.

What's the opinion of UFC Undisputed 3? I've got $125 in Amazon giftcards, and I'm curious. Mainly concerned about the career mode, if there is one. I believe the general opinion, when it was released, that EA Sports MMA was better, but Undisputed 3 wasn't terrible or anything.

i LOVED Undisputed 3. i played the create-a-fighter career mode dozens of times, creating both real and imaginary fighters.  i basically bought an XBox 360 just for this game, and i totally felt like it justified the purchase. sold it about a year ago, and sometimes i still wanna go Pride mode on somebody.

• Like 1

Sony is going to give everyone that had a Plus membership during the outage a free five day extension, and they are supposed to be sending out discount codes to get 10% off a single purchase in the PS store.

Having spent the last 13 years playing only Bioware RPGs, it is really difficult to get myself into an "old school" RPG like Wasteland 2.

Yeah to be honest old fashioned J-RPG's really don't do it for me much in a post-Bioware world. That, and since I played Final Fantasy VI obsessively during the SNES years, I have seen the genre's peak and have never seen such heights again.

I did play Fallout 1 and 2 for the first time in the last year or so though which is a semi-RPG. And Fallout 2 was, like, pretty close to a perfect game beyond some very minor quibbles.

• Like 1

Thanks to the orgy of cheap buys, wanting to play stuff with the GF and poor impulse control I am now bouncing around between Destiny, Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Sleeping Dogs DE, Diablo 3 PS4 and Ultimate NES Remix. I'm not really making much progress in ANY of them because I can't focus, but I'm doing a lot of gaming!

• Like 2

So, Walmart has a PS3 bundle of AC IV Black Flag and AC Rogue for the same price as just Rogue.  Already having Black Flag on my PS4, I bought it anyway, and flipped it at Game Traders and picked up a few things.

Now I have a grand total of Seven Assassin's Creed games I need to play.  I'm an idiot.

• Like 3