DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Well the deal with that one is that it is the first "authorized doc" and the executive producer is his kid

Kurt Cobain has been the subject of many films, including a fictionalized version of himself in Gus Van Sant’s Last Days and a controversial 1988 documentary called Kurt & Courtney. Now, HBO is releasing the first fully-authorized documentary of the Nirvana frontman, executive-produced by his daughter, Frances Bean Cobain.

At the helm is Brett Morgen, who worked on HBO’s Rolling Stones documentary, Crossfire Hurricane, as well as The Kid Stays in the Picture, which told the story of the rise and fall of notorious Hollywood producer Roger Evans. According to a press release from HBO, Morgen started working on the project years ago with the family’s blessing, combing through Cobain’s archives, watching never-before-seen home movies, listening to recordings, and digging through Cobain’s artwork, photography, journals, and songbooks..

Poor Johnny. I imagine he spent most of filming listening to Gwyneth raving to him about how gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free food changed her life.

You don't think that Johnny Depp has his own insufferable things that he lectures to people about?

Poor Johnny. I imagine he spent most of filming listening to Gwyneth raving to him about how gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free food changed her life.

You don't think that Johnny Depp has his own insufferable things that he lectures to people about?

"There is nothing wrong with wearing 6,854 scarves at the same time. More people should wear 6,854 scarves at the same time."

Well the deal with that one is that it is the first "authorized doc" and the executive producer is his kid

Kurt Cobain has been the subject of many films, including a fictionalized version of himself in Gus Van Sant’s Last Days and a controversial 1988 documentary called Kurt & Courtney. Now, HBO is releasing the first fully-authorized documentary of the Nirvana frontman, executive-produced by his daughter, Frances Bean Cobain.

At the helm is Brett Morgen, who worked on HBO’s Rolling Stones documentary, Crossfire Hurricane, as well as The Kid Stays in the Picture, which told the story of the rise and fall of notorious Hollywood producer Roger Evans. According to a press release from HBO, Morgen started working on the project years ago with the family’s blessing, combing through Cobain’s archives, watching never-before-seen home movies, listening to recordings, and digging through Cobain’s artwork, photography, journals, and songbooks..

Truthfully, I'd rather have a shoot interview from Frances talking about what growing up with Courtney Love as a mom was like. I imagine it would make Mommie Dearest look like a feel-good Disney movie.

Credit to the girl for managing to turn out (relatively) normal despite everything, though.

"There is nothing wrong with wearing 6,854 scarves at the same time. More people should wear 6,854 scarves at the same time."

More like the evils of bathing more than once a year.

More like the evils of bathing more than once a year.

Wouldn't matter. No one would understand his low mumbly conversation voice anyway.

• Like 1

Seeing how dumb the trailer for KINGSMAN looked, I'm finding it woeful that we didn't get Colin Firth as THE EQUALIZER.  His deadpan would have been perfect in a grittier, more toned-down movie.

Down the road we could have had Neeson vs. Firth.  NEESON VS> FIRTH!!!!!

The bad news is that I had to take my girlfriend to see The Wedding Ringer because she has drunk the Kevin Hart Is Funny kool aid.

The good news is that The Wedding Ringer was bundled with the trailer for Unfriended!

Seems to draw a lot of premise from The Den:

but I will probably go and see it.

The bad news is that I had to take my girlfriend to see The Wedding Ringer because she has drunk the Kevin Hart Is Funny kool aid.

The good news is that The Wedding Ringer was bundled with the trailer for Unfriended!

Seems to draw a lot of premise from The Den:

but I will probably go and see it.

Unfriended reminds me alot of that story on Reddit where the guy's girlfriend dies and then he starts getting messages from her facebook account, and her facebook account starts tagging her in his pictures, off in dark corners where her disembodied spirit supposedly is. Creepy shit. Movie actually looks pretty good.

Edit: also reminds me a bit of Smiley, which is a godawful piece of shit.

Unfriended reminds me alot of that story on Reddit where the guy's girlfriend dies and then he starts getting messages from her facebook account, and her facebook account starts tagging her in his pictures, off in dark corners where her disembodied spirit supposedly is.

Wait, someone on reddit had a girlfriend?

This story is bullshit.

Apparently, Rob Cohen is the director of The Boy Next Door. How is this man still getting money to do movies? He must have a picture of Jason Blum with a kid in a pool and threatening to leak it to TMZ. That's the only reason I can think of without delving headfirst into anti-Semitism.