DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Weren't those Sony email leaks full of:

Sony exec 1: Dude, Adam Sandler sucks!!!! Oh my god

Sone exec 2: Dude, I know!!! lol

I thought they would stop producing them.

Just because it isn't good doesnt mean it isn't profitable, just because it is profitable doesn't mean it is good.

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #1: "I really don't get this Wreck-It Ralph thing. I haven't seen it, but is there a way we can make something better?"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #2: "Instead of some dumb fucking cartoon, lets set it in big city with tons of special effects and get someone hilarious to star in it."

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #1: "Mmm, yeah, that Adam Sandler guy seems pretty damn funny. I was just watching a Saturday Night Live with him in it and he was great. Any way we can get this Chris Farley guy to be in it too?"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #2: "Hmm, seems like he's dead. There's this Josh Gad kid though, lets get him. Same thing!"

The whole movie is basically the Futurama episode "Anthology of Interest 2" from almost 15 years ago.

Too bad Luhr isn't the one invading though, Omicron-Persei 8 ftw. . . . 

Sigh... this will make 6 trillion dollars and then I will have to read the book so I can relate to my students like I did with The Fault In Our Stars and I will be sad

• Like 1

I really hated the ending of the first movie and the second had just enough wtf for me to sit through it.

I avoided the watching because of morbid curiosity trap that most people fell into with Saw, but I am slogging through this bog of a franchise for the sake of being a completionist.

I seem to recall the anti-Sandler emails being from employees in Sony lower on the totem poll. As in, not executives.

Considering the money he brings in probably pays their salary, those employees should keep a lid on their opinions regarding Sandler.

By only discussing them in private personal emails amongst themselves, then? Rather than in a publically released poster campaign or something?

Sigh - I'm gonna have to start a fucking Kevin Smith thread again aren't I?

Meanwhile I'm glad Tom Cruise's brain broke because I don't mind him morphing into a poor man's Jackie Chan

• Like 1

I totally forgot about that batshit crazy plane stunt that pictures came out for some time ago. I mean, fuck all that, but it's cool Tom Cruise is so willing to kill himself in the most insane of ways for our enjoyment.

Also, the M:I series may be the other series I feel like I have an irrational love for. It's not quite as strong as the Fast and Furious movies, but it's up there.

Switching up directors and taking some time between installments has made each MI movie fresh and different. It's kind of crept up on me as one of my favorite franchises since I haven't gone to see one in a theater since 2, and I usually catch them on cable later on. I'll be showing up at the multiplex for this one.

Fact: The Church of Scientology building houses a shitload of Tom Cruise clones. Tom Cruise has really died about 11 times now. This is why he looks so young and willfully does these batshit insane stunts.

• Like 1

Full MI5 err... MI Rogue Nation trailer

And yeah - the plane stunt is even crazier as you start to see it longer

Expanded role for Simon Pegg? Check?

Ving Rhames as elder statesman superspy hacker? Check

Tom Cruise doing APESHIT INSANE STUNTS~? Check.

Can I Fandango this mother fucker today or do i have to wait?

http://youtu.be/gOW_azQbOjw

You are dead to me.

94d4912e7c60e38f40d70453b49d9fb9_zpsgxft

http://youtu.be/gOW_azQbOjw

You are dead to me.

94d4912e7c60e38f40d70453b49d9fb9_zpsgxft

Your blog endorsed Rusev in the MM Tourney, so don't hand me that.

Matter of fact, I can't hear you because the DEAD CAN'T SPEAK~!