DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

I'm fascinated that people are saying shit like "You pussies aren't going to riot" like it's a BAD thing.

In what world are people who boo and chant and complain online in response to a wrestling angle they don't like somehow MORE pathetic than people who break shit?

I think that reaction is natural push back to the constant posts and talk since the Royal Rumble that wrestling fans would in fact riot. of course people rioting over wrestling would be pathetic, but when many online wrestling forums are chock full of "Oh man, if reigns wins I can't be held responsible for my actions bro" eventually normally even keeled folk just throw their hands up and say "Fine. Do it. Just please stop talking about it." 

Of course rioting is a less healthy response than basically anything else, but the constant threatening on one side and hand wringing on the other makes patience wear thin. 

I'm fine with "playing along" if I'm at a show.  I just haven't been to a WWE show in several years.

I'm the type that feels like one should BOO a heel one likes since that's the reaction they're trying to get.

Couple things.  Isn't it sad that this thread isn't even about WrestleMania anymore?  I don't blame y'all. There's no juice. It's just sad is all.

Also, one thing I don't understand about the criticisms of the IWC. Okay, two things.  First, there are people who will tell us "hey, obviously the show isn't FOR YOU and cite their little brother or ten-year old son as the demographic.  This line of thinking doesn't make sense. Maybe WWE IS trying to appeal to kids. It sure seems like it with stuff like the bunny and John Cena's character. I don't mind them trying to appeal to kids but RAW is from 8pm to 11-whatever on the east coast.  Kids aren't watching past 9 or 10 at night. The only people watching are us. 

Lastly, this is the internet age we live in. Why shouldn't we be discussing wrestling or sports or whatever appeals to us on the internet? It's kind of difficult to discuss wrestling and NOT be a bit of a smark. How could you discuss wrestling online and not break kayfabe? It'd be funny be we'd immediately be labeled as redneck idiots.

Prediction time, I guess....

Kidd/Cesaro vs. Usos vs. The New Day Gospel Trio vs. The Puerto Rican Matadors. - Kidd/Cesaro retain, especially since the one Uso is still injured. I also think Big E. and Los Matadores will be part of the post-Mania future endeavorings. 

Mrs. Danielson and Mrs. Cena vs. Mrs. Brooks and Paige - The fight on Raw was probably to throw everyone off, so I think AJ and Paige win. 

Andre the Giant Battle Royal - I'm torn between Mizdow winning, Sheamus being a surprise entrant and winning, and Neville winning the mini NXT tournament to earn his spot in the battle royal, and win it all. 

Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose vs. R. Truth vs. Thtarduttht Ladder Match for the IC Title - There's no way Bryan doesn't win. If he wins, I think he'll have a nice, long reign, barring some injury. 

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins - Orton wins, because Seth will have bigger fish to fry later in the evening.  

US Champion Rusev vs Grizzled Veteran John Cena - According to the internet, Lana will be back for WrestleMania. I think this could be MOTN, with Cena winning after being left for dead on Raw. What next for Rusev after this, though? 

Sting vs. Triple H - Lots of interference from Authority members in this one, possibly even Kevin Nash and multiple faux Stings. But I think Sting wins in what will probably be a decent match. 

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt - I can't see 'Taker losing two 'Mania's in a row. I'm gonna go off the rails here, and predict that we see a Wyatt family reunion, with Harper and Rowan interfering on behalf of their former cult leader. The entrances should be something else, as well. 

Brocccckkkk Lesssnnarrr vs. IWC Whipping Boy Roman Reigns - Ok, if Brock is staying with WWE, I think he wins. Maybe Heyman turns somewhere during the match, and sides with Roman. In that scenario, I see Seth attempting a cash-in, but failing. If Roman wins, I think Seth successfully cashes in. This match has real potential to be very good. 

I mean why go to Mania if you know it's going to piss you off.

For the most part, people aren't buying their tickets a week or two beforehand based on the angles. The tickets get bought months in advance. If someone bought non-refundable plane tickets/hotels on top of it, they've already sunk too much cash into it (if they aren't wealthy) to decide "No, I don't like Reigns. I'm staying home."

I mean why go to Mania if you know it's going to piss you off.

For the most part, people aren't buying their tickets a week or two beforehand based on the angles. The tickets get bought months in advance. If someone bought non-refundable plane tickets/hotels on top of it, they've already sunk too much cash into it (if they aren't wealthy) to decide "No, I don't like Reigns. I'm staying home."

With all the money spent they could make back some of the money back on selling their Mania ticket.

Generally the person who hates Reigns would care more for everything other than Mania anyway

Yay for the Roman haters.  An early Christmas! Reddit probably just wet its collective diaper.  I'll let your imagination determine of what.

Legit questions:  just who in the entire flick-flack takes the belt from Lesnar?  When does it happen?  And is he going to work a better schedule for WWE?

Legit questions:  just who in the entire flick-flack takes the belt from Lesnar?  When does it happen?

Obviously The Undertaker in his retirement match at WM 32