DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

My two year old marked out for the Bunny, hell she marked out for him because he's part of the Rosebuds in the NXT ArRIVAL DLC for WWE 2K15. So if a two year old girl is WWE's main audience the Bunny did his job

As much as I'd like to see some stereotypical IWC member get made an example of on television, WWE fans are not soccer hooligans. They'll be passive aggressive and yell chants that they think are clever or witty and try to get themselves over. I can't think of a less intimidating fan base to potentially riot than the day after Mania Raw crowd. It'd be like that Chikara incident but significantly more pathetic.

Speaking as someone who was at said Chikara incident, it would literally be impossible for anything ever to be more pathetic. 

The post Mania Raw will be disruptive and annoying as always. The majority of wrestling fans are way more interested in trying to get themselves on TV than they are in enjoying wrestling of any sort. 

There's a difference between vocal disruption and a riot. The biggest thing I could see is some drunk fan pushing Reigns down the stairs as he makes his entrance, at which point we'll get to see security beat down said fan on live TV.

I'd would watch a drunk get his ass kicked tbh. I can't quite World's Dumbest.. For a reason.

What is this alleged "incident" at Chikara?   Did someone feed CP Munk nuts?  

It was the supposed "last show" at the Trocadero in Philly, when there were all the rumors that Quack was having personal problems and would have to shut down Chikara. the show ended with Condor Security tearing down the stage and kicking everyone out of the building, and since no one knew if it was part of an angle or what, some of the Chikara fans went crazy. People were legit crying. The "highlight" was a guy yelling at the fake security that they couldn't kick him out and then kicking and breaking the glass door of the venue. He proceeds to start crying when real security shows up to settle accounts. The whole thing was a mess, it was like watching Millhouse and Martin from the Simpsons start a riot. 

• Like 3

Obviously no one would ever actually riot. You're not going to see a riot with an arena or stadium show for the WWE.

We know that because we're reasonably intelligent creatures, but trying telling some of these 47-year-old juice box drinkers.

HEY WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH DRINKING A JUICE BOX EVEN IF YOU'RE AN ADULT?!?!

THEY ARE REFRESHING!

ECTO COOLER 4-LYFE!

• Like 4

I'm fascinated that people are saying shit like "You pussies aren't going to riot" like it's a BAD thing.

In what world are people who boo and chant and complain online in response to a wrestling angle they don't like somehow MORE pathetic than people who break shit?

• Like 4

I'm sort of in :

"Well, this is going to suck but it's sucked before. Time to put my head down, engage with it in no more than I feel like engaging with it, and ultimately, it'll get better at some point. For now, I'll make the best of what they're giving, watch it on my time, not theirs, have some hope for the Smackdown lead writer and for NXT becoming a bigger thing, and see what the next few months bring."

mode.

• Like 1

So we've officially reached "turn off your brain and enjoy it or just quit watching" mode?

There's a line between "I hate this one angle so I'm gonna do whatever I can to get myself over the entire show" and "turn your brain off"

I mean why go to Mania if you know it's going to piss you off. It's pretty much written in stone that Mania is going to end with the confetti dropping and Reigns standing triumphant holding the WWE World Heavyweight Title and there's a very good chance RAW will end the same way, only this time Reigns will have conquered Seth Rollins. A normal person who abhors Roman Reigns would probably either sell his tickets or just leave before the main event (which I assume is a good idea because traffic's gonna suck) a typical Eye Double-U See "smart mark" will sit there, bitch and moan for 6+ hours, chant random shit, chant for people not in the match, chant for announcers, chant for people Vince doesn't like at the moment, chant for other promotions. Then when they get home they'll log onto Cagesideseats or Wreddit and talk about how fuckin awesome they were and how shitty Wrestlemania was because Reigns won.

I'd get it if the ending wasn't such a foregone conclusion I would somewhat understand shitting on the ending of Mania.

Everyone needs to take a break from wrestling. Maybe this should be their break. If Roman Reigns is as bad and damaged as they think he is, then his reign won't last that long and they can jump back in after SummerSlam, if Reigns proves them wrong, then when they jump back in maybe it will be easier to see Reigns positives.

Ever since I cut cable out I realized I can just watch the RAW/SD! highlights on YouTube and watch the PPVs live. I enjoy Roman Reigns so I'm completely in on this push (which is funny because I'm one of the few who wasn't in on Daniel Bryan. And I would've watched if I wasn't deployed on a carrier for a good portion of 2014). Maybe not sitting through 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown, 2 hours of Impact, 1 hour of TNA, 1 hour of Lucha Underground, 1 hour of NJPW and 1 hour of CMLL if it's on Univision helps me deal with how Vince runs his promotion who knows.

• Like 1