DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

How is Rusev not the babyface in this situation?

How is he the face?

He's a hard working dude that beats dudes clean left and right and loves his country?

He didn't beat Cena clean and tried to avoid a rematch. And while its great he loves his country there really isn't a reason for him to go out of his way to shit on another one.

Like how Cena wins last man standing matches by duct taping people? 

Also, choking someone to death until the guy's girlfriend caves to your demands is a lot heelier than "nah I already beat you."

And a little truth and Putin pictures never hurt anybody. Compared to the shit Cena pulls on a weekly basis, Rusev is a MEGAFACE. 

LOOK AT THIS HERO!

https://youtu.be/42Ugee3gxmg

Its a last man standing match. That is strategy and generally allowed. I'm not entirely sure how choosing to do duct tape someone down instead of nearly murdering them makes Cena a bad guy.

I could see the argument about choking Rusev out, but its not like Rusev hasn't done various sneak attacks, cheap shots, and used the Accolade on defenseless opponents before himself.

So we're saying this is a shades of gray face vs face match? Hell yes, compromise!

• Like 1

Man, I feel this ends with the marriage of OCM and ebbie, with Nikki Bella trying to figure out why this random couple asked her to be both Maid of Honor and Best (Wo)Man

Instead of a bouquet toss, Nikki gives one random lucky wedding guest a Roaring Elbow.

#DVDVRiest Wedding

• Like 4

How is Rusev not the babyface in this situation?

How is he the face?

He's a hard working dude that beats dudes clean left and right and loves his country?

He didn't beat Cena clean and tried to avoid a rematch. And while its great he loves his country there really isn't a reason for him to go out of his way to shit on another one.

Like how Cena wins last man standing matches by duct taping people?

Also, choking someone to death until the guy's girlfriend caves to your demands is a lot heelier than "nah I already beat you."

And a little truth and Putin pictures never hurt anybody. Compared to the shit Cena pulls on a weekly basis, Rusev is a MEGAFACE.

LOOK AT THIS HERO!

https://youtu.be/42Ugee3gxmg

Man, the selective memory on here sometimes is really funny.

Man, I feel this ends with the marriage of OCM and ebbie, with Nikki Bella trying to figure out why this random couple asked her to be both Maid of Honor and Best (Wo)Man

Instead of a bouquet toss, Nikki gives one random lucky wedding guest a Roaring Elbow.

#DVDVRiest Wedding

Fucking right. She's the only woman left on Total Divas who has no shot of getting married. I am surprised she hasn't beaten the shit out of Cena yet...

And I don't know how people online pretend that looking at Nikki Bella is the worst part of their day.

Ok how about this...

In the ultimate of Vince troll jobs, Reigns goes over the unstoppable Lesnar clean in under 5 minutes with a bunch of time left for confetti and carefully placed camera angles to make sure we don't see 60,000 people file out the stadium.

• Like 1

Ok how about this...

In the ultimate of Vince troll jobs, Reigns goes over the unstoppable Lesnar clean in under 5 minutes with a bunch of time left for confetti and carefully placed camera angles to make sure we don't see 60,000 people file out the stadium.

I am all for this. If we're gonna go all trolling, have Sheamus return during the IC Ladder Match, run-in, Brogue Kick Bryan, place the ladder over his prone body, climb it up and win. I'd fly every Samoan associated with WWE still alive to Mania and have them celebrate with Roman in the ring, have Roman tweet out thank you to his fans using "#YESMovement"

If Roman wins, Vince better hope there's a 1989 World Series-level earthquake the day after, because that Raw crowd may set the building on fire. 

Doubtful, crowds nowadays are much more soft than in the past. In 2006, I would've bet money that if Cena beat RVD there would've been a legit riot. In 2015, even if the crowds hate Roman Reigns, the most someone will do is boo in the general direction of Roman Reigns when he's making his entrance. Maybe the fattest one will give him a crotch chop. WWE was ahead of the curve on this one, but we went from "If Cena wins, we riot!" to "If Reigns wins, we'll watch every week and complain online"

• Like 1

If Roman wins, Vince better hope there's a 1989 World Series-level earthquake the day after, because that Raw crowd may set the building on fire. 

Doubtful, crowds nowadays are much more soft than in the past. In 2006, I would've bet money that if Cena beat RVD there would've been a legit riot. In 2015, even if the crowds hate Roman Reigns, the most someone will do is boo in the general direction of Roman Reigns when he's making his entrance. Maybe the fattest one will give him a crotch chop. WWE was ahead of the curve on this one, but we went from "If Cena wins, we riot!" to "If Reigns wins, we'll watch every week and complain online"

Dude...the post-WrestleMania Raw is historically disruptive. You're out of your fucking mind if you think that crowd won't try to derail that show.

Dude...the post-WrestleMania Raw is historically disruptive. You're out of your fucking mind if you think that crowd won't try to derail that show.

I think that crowd will be loud, annoying, they'll probably derail the show some. I don't think it's going to be as much of a riot/clusterfuck as we were used to seeing in mid-90's WCW or anytime Bubba Ray Dudley had a mic towards the end of the original ECW

As much as I'd like to see some stereotypical IWC member get made an example of on television, WWE fans are not soccer hooligans. They'll be passive aggressive and yell chants that they think are clever or witty and try to get themselves over. I can't think of a less intimidating fan base to potentially riot than the day after Mania Raw crowd. It'd be like that Chikara incident but significantly more pathetic.

• Like 1

Some guy reading Scott Keith's blog was the most inaccurate thing in Wrestling Isn't Wrestling. No one owns that up.*

Too much credit/power is given to those crowds. How will the after-Raw crowd "derail" the show? The entire show is centered around the crowd being self-indulgent. Whether it's Cena doing a joke "heel turn" promo, or various foreign wrestlers being booked strong, or some shock debut and a babyface being laid out, it's not an actual disruption. Even if Reigns is booed out of the building, they'll probably lay him out or do some angle to get to pop the crowd.

On a related note, starting to get the idea that Reigns may not win. No real reason. I'm just getting a Luger in '93 vibe about this. 

*okay, I hate-read because I like being annoyed*

• Like 1