DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Do you dispute the payoff at Wrestlemania 30 was one of the greatest of all time?

Horrible non-existant build to a good payoff. The original build/plan was for:

Orton/Batista

Bryan getting destroyed by the Authority for Bryan/Bray

Punk/HHH.

After the RR, we went to:

Orton/Batista/Bryan

Bryan/HHH

I also want to add that I thought the 2nd chapter of that storyline with DB as the champ was botched and ended prematurely, and the 3rd chapter, with him coming back from injury/family deaths/getting his title stripped to atleast getting a match with Brock, was botched as well.

People seem to forget that no one gave a shit about DB when he was just a super duper wrestler who did super duper wrestler things. His match with Barrett at Summerslam 2011 was the second best match of the show, but that crowd was fucking dead. While best match in Sheamus vs Mark Henry was having the crowd shit bricks cheering on Sheamus to drag his ass back to the ring.

Pro wrestling is all about characters. If you're fantasy booking involves polite wrestling holds and a ranking system and all that other shit that would 'legitimize' the 'sport' then you really need to find a new tv show to watch. I suggest collegiate amateur wrestling since men in tighty whites and other colors groping each other is your passion.

Team Hell No turned Bryan into a friggin big deal, way bigger than he was before. Without that, he wouldn't have gotten the match with Cena.

We get it, your guy isn't in the match you want him to be, but to make up your own narrative and completely ignore reality tells me that you might need some time away from wrestling. Relax, it's just a show.

• Like 2

If you're fantasy booking involves polite wrestling holds and a ranking system and all that other shit that would 'legitimize' the 'sport' then you really need to find a new tv show to watch.

I have found a new show to watch and in 2015, I've watched less wrestling than ever before. I don't even think I've seen a full non-NXT WWE show this year. Is this what this NXT 2009-WM 2014 Daniel Bryan build was supposed to accomplish?

Team Hell No turned Bryan into a friggin big deal, way bigger than he was before. Without that, he wouldn't have gotten the match with Cena.

We get it, your guy isn't in the match you want him to be, but to make up your own narrative and completely ignore reality tells me that you might need some time away from wrestling. Relax, it's just a show.

He went from being in the WHC match to a midcard tag team. I wouldn't call it a step up. I know you guys weren't watching all those Team Hell No episodes of "Main Event" because weekly, no one was in the DVDVR threads. Without the Pittsburgh Royal Rumble, none of this would have happened. That forced their hand as the 2015 RR almost forced WWE's hand.

He's not even my guy anymore. No one is my guy in WWE because I mostly gave up watching and WWE made it so I could care less about everyone.

so you don't watch the show and you're still angry.

Take a vacation.

How many full eps of Raw have you watched lately? And how many Smackdown's?

I'm not angry at the current storyline. Reigns' push was a good idea until it didn't work. DB had the better story going in, but WWE brought him back at the Rumble instead of waiting. I don't know when I would have brought him back, but not at the RR. I would have leaned towards after Mania or at Mania.

Based off of this year, I don't see WWE doing big stadium shows post WM32. I feel like WM32 will be the apex and everything will tapper down after that. People can talk about the build to WM32 all they want, but at the end of the day the show really needs to include every able body  (and semi- able body) main event level wrestler: Cena, Orton, Taker, Sting, Brock, Rock, HHH, Booker T (I would love a Harlem Heat WWE debut/one shot deal), Austin, Batista, Jericho, HBK, and RVD. Having Flair, Foley, and Hogan on-board in some meaningful role (not as a guest host/empty promo) should sell the place out. WM32 should also include standout performances from the guys who will be working the next 5 or so Manias after: Bryan, Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, Harper, etc.

The worst thing that happens with WM33 is they go to Staples or the Barclays. But keep in mind: At the time, 20 & 21 were the two biggest gates they ever drew. Including the three stadium shows that preceded them.

Okay - since no one understands the concept of just moving on, I'm gonna do it for you. You have a wonderful weekend to enjoy.

A new thread can be started after the show ends.

Hall of Fame already has it's own thread.