DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Yeah - the WWE just luck boxed into the Stewart thing since Rollins just made a current events quip re: Stewart leaving the Daily Show.

Stewart being a fan made a fun Youtube video that picked up some attention and the WWE jumped on the pub.

I think it was more that Stewart wanted to promote his "Night of Too Many Stars" telethon and his kid is a big a wrestling fan.

Well, I for one, hope there's an actual discussion thread about the show for people who want to discuss something WM about the other than fucking Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. We fucking get it!!!

Also, the divas tag has potential. I wish it was a tornado tag stip, but it will prolly be a standard tag match with the Bellas working on AJ until Paige tags in, clears house, pins Nikki etc etc

Or having Paige and AJ beat the shit of the Bellas only for Nikki to get a cheap win would work too..

"Enough about the main event angle and its potential ramifications, the result of which will dominate 85% of WWE programming over the next year!  Let's talk about this barn burner of a Divas non-title tag match that will likely go for all of seven minutes!!!  Bellas!  BELLAS!  BELLAAAAAAAAAS!!!"

• Like 2

Is that the royal "we" or editorial "we"?  Perhaps you should continue to post in the 3rd person, be something different anyway.

Well, I for one, hope there's an actual discussion thread about the show for people who want to discuss something WM about the other than fucking Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. We fucking get it!!!

Also, the divas tag has potential. I wish it was a tornado tag stip, but it will prolly be a standard tag match with the Bellas working on AJ until Paige tags in, clears house, pins Nikki etc etc

Or having Paige and AJ beat the shit of the Bellas only for Nikki to get a cheap win would work too..

Nothing wrong with Mike Jackson.

So, now the Andre Battle Royal has become the equivalent of the Mulkey Brothers, Mike Jackson, George South, Italian Stallion, and Cougar Jay running into each other for 20 minutes to open the biggest show of the year.

WM Predictions~!

Kidd / Cesaro v. Los Matadores v. New Day v. Usos

Your first Wrestlemania moment will be Cesaro Giant Swinging El Torito for 100 revolutions.  Usos win, Reigns either comes out to celebrate with them or is shown in the back congratulating them on their win.

Bellas v. AJ / Paige

Non-offensive match, Nikki decks Brie by accident then gets put in the Scorpion Crosslock to tap out. 

Orton v. Rollins

Orton reverses some flying shit into an RKO.  what else is new?  Rollins is shown backstage later saying he's not done tonight ...

Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Honestly, this is so jobber-iffic that this should be the time to finally put over Kofi Kingston as the master of battle royals.  On the other hand, Mizdow should finally break free from the Miz and win the Royal. 

Intercontinental Title Ladder Match

Bryan wins!  100,000 people say Yes a lot.

Bray Wyatt v. Undertaker

Undertaker and Wyatt should both have moments where they go into GOD MODE and stop selling all together and start dominating and the other guy shows fear.  Tombstones and Sister Abigails should have no effect at times during the match as they channel their spirts and demons or what have you.  Taker should get a 2nd or 3rd tombstone, but when the ref stops to count, lights go out, Harper and Rowan are back with Wyatt and double team the hell out of Undertaker.  Taker eventually fights back and takes them out, but falls victim to Sister Abigail.  Wyatt showboats too much before the pin and gets the Hells Gate and taps.  Wyatt, Harper and Rowan then literally murder the Undertaker out of the match and put him in a casket and set it on fire.  Undertaker's soul floats out of the stadium vowing to return.

Cena v. Rusev

Cena wins when he cheapshots Rusev and Rusev passes out in the STF.

Sting v. Triple H

Match goes on too long, but Sting pins him with the Scorpion Death Drop, and no mention of the Scorpion Death Lock is ever uttered.

Brock v. Reigns

Reigns gets bloodied up, but keeps kicking out of absurd punishment.  Ref gets bumped, he finally hits all three of his spots in a row and gets a visual pinfall, but Brock "breaks" his arm and F-5s Reigns out for the count.  Rollins runs in to cash in, but Dean Ambrose stops him from cashing in, and they all get f-5'd for their trouble.  Reigns is out of action a month with the "broken" arm and he can come back and feud with someone else until he's ready to come back and fight for the title again.

• Like 1

I seem to remember Meltzer reporting that Bryan was experiencing numbness in his right arm after his match with Harper on RAW a few weeks backs when he was taking all those stupid bumps. Whatever the condition of his neck, he's not helping it, that's for sure.

Bryan's numbess in his arm is not related to his neck injury, but was the reason he missed most of the time.

Whatever happens, I just don't want a double turn with Lesnar/Reigns or an out of nowhere Shield reunion.  And it's got to be on the table cause way too many people that should know better keep bringing it up like either are good ideas.

Just Reigns beating Lesnar will be fine.  Afterwards, Lesnar looks like he's going to follow the Code Of Honor with Heyman bitching about the loss when The Authority mobs Reigns.  Maybe Show mouths off to Lesnar so Lesnar grabs him and fights him back up the aisle while Ambrose runs out to help Reigns clean house and keeps Rollins from cashing in.

Then the next night, Raw kicks off with Ambrose introducing Reigns as new champion.  Bo Dallas comes out to congratulate him so he gets punched in the mouth.  Then Daniel Bryan comes out and backhandedly congratulates Reigns and Ambrose for winning the previous night and Ambrose tells him he can get a singles match if he fills out the proper paperwork.  Then before Bryan can fully turn, Lesnar comes out and demands his rematch and extends his hand while Heyman protests.  Then Triple H leads out The Authority because he wants to re-establish dominance after his loss to Sting and wants Rollins to win the belt now.  Then a pier 6 brawl breaks out, Bryan quietly backs out, Lesnar's tied up with the giants, Ambrose with J&J and Reigns with Trips and then Sheamus runs out for the save but SWERVE, BRO! he kicks Reigns in the face.  Then the lights go out and when they come back on Bray Wyatt's got a noose around Lesnar's neck and drags him under the smoking ring.  Then Triple H is about to drill Reigns with his sledgehammer when the lights go out again and when they come back on, Sting is cleaning house with his bat.

Then, plenty of options for major programs for the future:

Reigns vs. Sheamus -> Lesnar -> Rollins -> Bryan -> Rusev -> Cena -> Bunkhouse Buck

Lesnar vs. Wyatt -> Reigns -> Rollins -> Bryan -> THE MONSTER MENG!

Ambrose vs. Bryan -> Sheamus -> A BEAR

Sting vs. Rollins -> Wyatt

• Like 5

They don't want him as the company ace, but they've NEVER buried him or tried to limit him.

BULL. This is honestly the biggest piece of selective memory I've seen on a wrestling board in some time.

They've:

- From the first day said he was nothing, pointed out that he has no charisma or mic skills and buried him with The Miz.

- Called him a geek, nerd, troll and goat for months on end.

- When he got hot, they tried to turn him heel and make him yell NO, instead of YES. They did this for months on end for no real reason.

- They pushed him as the weak link in a team with KANE.

- The whole Team Hell No storyline. Hugfests, seeing psychiatrists, getting in arguments at fast food restaurants then having Kane hunt him like he was Jason and have him run.

- Despite having multiple matches with main eventers like Orton and others, they said he wasn't in their league.

- They buried him for months against the Authority. DB got laid out and beaten down so many times that I thought I was watching reruns.

- They tried to turn him heel again with the Wyatt Family for no reason whatsoever.

- They've produced some of the worst merchandise ever for him.

- They ruined two Royal Rumble's consecutively so he didn't win and did everything in their power to try to kill the heat.

- They've ignored all of his popularity in his hometown and didn't even mention his various things with celebrities and the parade.

- They have the easiest storyline ever in a face DB trying to get the belt back that he never lost against Brock and ignore it. They then have him lose to Big Daddy Cool Reigns and verbally suck him off.

- They then strap him in a WM ladder match with other people they aren't pushing, don't want to push, will never push and don't know what to do with.

Compare all this with way Roman Reigns has been booked in the last year and tell me he wasn't being buried. Bullshit.

I've watched a lot of wrestling in my day and don't remember anyone else having to go through a fraction of what he's had to go through. You know the best part? He made almost all of it work, got more over no matter what crap they gave him and it's still not good enough!

• Like 3

To be fair, they're giving him the IC title and Cena the US belt to elevate them.

It hasn't happened yet first off and we all know WWE. It's just like when they get into the tag division for a month or two and then everything is back to normal. I'd love to pretend it's NJPW and they will pull that off, but I'm skeptical.

• Like 1

To be fair, they're giving him the IC title and Cena the US belt to elevate them.

That's giving WWE a benefit of a doubt they do not deserve.  It's also going by a Reddit user and purported anonymous scooper named metsfan4ever.

And for that matter, how does Cena winning the US title and beating Rusev really elevate it or help anybody at this point?

It'll probably be forgotten about in a month or 2, but Jon Stewart was really good in that segment.  The "poster boy" line was ice cold and my current line of the year.  They should give him a Slammy for more publicity.

Stewart actually has career and things to do so I doubt we'll see him again.  It would be cool if Stewart randomly dropped in at various points in Seth's career with wise words for him though.  Seth's Jiminy Cricket.  His Morgan Freedman? 

They don't want him as the company ace, but they've NEVER buried him or tried to limit him.

BULL. This is honestly the biggest piece of selective memory I've seen on a wrestling board in some time.

They've:

- From the first day said he was nothing, pointed out that he has no charisma or mic skills and buried him with The Miz.

- When he got hot, they tried to turn him heel and make him yell NO, instead of YES. They did this for months on end for no real reason.

- The whole Team Hell No storyline. Hugfests, seeing psychiatrists, getting in arguments at fast food restaurants then having Kane hunt him like he was Jason and have him run.

- Despite having multiple matches with main eventers like Orton and others, they said he wasn't in their league.

- They buried him for months against the Authority. DB got laid out and beaten down so many times that I thought I was watching reruns.

- They tried to turn him heel again with the Wyatt Family for no reason whatsoever.

- They ruined two Royal Rumble's consecutively so he didn't win and did everything in their power to try to kill the heat.

- They've ignored all of his popularity in his hometown and didn't even mention his various things with celebrities and the parade.

- They have the easiest storyline ever in a face DB trying to get the belt back that he never lost against Brock and ignore it. They then have him lose to Big Daddy Cool Reigns and verbally suck him off.

- They then strap him in a WM ladder match with other people they aren't pushing, don't want to push, will never push and don't know what to do with.

Compare all this with way Roman Reigns has been booked in the last year and tell me he wasn't being buried. Bullshit.

I've watched a lot of wrestling in my day and don't remember anyone else having to go through a fraction of what he's had to go through. You know the best part? He made almost all of it work, got more over no matter what crap they gave him and it's still not good enough!

So you're saying all that underdog booking got him over.  It's WWE reverse psychology booking.  No don't cheer for this guy, he's a turd!  CXkTV7p.gif

No, cheer this guy!  LpG3fYq.jpg

• Like 1

Glad the Battle Royal is on the pre show, total jobber status this year and yeah most Battle Royals are so boring and plodding. I haven't enjoyed one since the vintage Battle Royal from 17 (I wouldn't have a problem bringing this back). Although it leaves the card pretty stacked with a no real downtime match bar the divas :/

I don't know if you want all WWE TV to be the "Daniel Bryan is the Greatest Wrestler in History Fan Club Show", but the things you're complaining about is pretty ridiculous. Being a main eventer doesn't mean always coming out on top, and losing to other top stars in competitive matches and getting dissed in promos doesn't means you're buried.

They've:

He got the most high profile angle on the NXT TV show, came back as the special tag partner for Team Cena as a HUGE deal in his first PPV match, then was the only guy who got a big feud with an established guy in the Miz while the Nexus guys all got downsized. He was put down by heels, that's what heels do. I don't know if you want every feud with Daniel Bryan to be his opponent saying "you're the greatest, I'm not worthy".

Heels and heel commentators say bad things about faces. It means he's important and the heels are jealous of him/dislike him because of the good he stands for. The unimportant ones either get nothing or get fake compliments for heels to show how full of shit the heels are.

He did turn heel. And it got him more over. His run with AJ was fantastic. YES was a face chant, NOs got him heel heat. No different than Angle and the "You suck" chants. A device to get heat

As part of a redemption angle that ended with him being the first worker to get a fall over the unstoppable Shield.

Which all got super over and clearly had alot of time put into them.

And then he BEAT them. Heels said it, he proved them wrong.

He was the main protagonist to the biggest heel stable. He got outnumbered, that's the whole point of former stables, to outnumber people. Whenever he got any Authority member one of one fairly, he won.

They did it for like two weeks. It was clearly planned to be a faux turn, and the ending got a ridiculous pop. It's an angle they run all the time, see Orton/Authority, Punk/New Breed, the face joins the heel group to gain their trust and secrets and then beats them up. Its the best way to get past a stable leader's lackeys.

They make terrible merch for everybody ever not named Punk or Edge.

They put him over top heel Seth Rollins one week later in 2015, and he was selling a Sister Abigail to the guard-rail in 2014. Using DB to put over a guy they clearly see as future #1 heel in Bray isn't burying him, and if they wanted to kill his heat after, they'd make what he does unimportant or just keep him off tv.

They held the 2013 Slammy award in Washington just cause DB was winning Superstar of the Year

Cause they're building Reigns. Losing to Reigns in a 30 minute match isn't a burial, it's losing to your equal. They treated him as Reigns' equal throughout and after the feud, he just couldn't stop the man on a mission on that night. They did stuff like that with Hart and Foley all the time, when you're at that bulletproof level you can take a loss or two.

Those people are in the Andre the Giant Memorial match. The IC Title match is for "guys that are important that they stay over, but we can't all give one on one matches (and R-Truth)". And they've made DB the centre of the match and compared him going for the belt to guys like Savage and Steamboat and mentioned that winning would mean HE'S HELD EVERY BELT IN THE COMPANY IN UNDER 5 YEARS.

He's not Roman. Roman needs to be protected for his character's aura. DB's character is about overcoming odds. He can't overcome shit if he's never struggling or nevr being mistreated. Quite frankly, Roman needs more  stuf to overcome if he wants to get over like Bryan.

You don't remember because you've haven't seen a superstar come in and EVERY angle he's ever been in has been treated as important like Bryan for such an extended period since Taker or Brock. He's never once been a "we have nothing for you, you're gonna be off tv for a while guy" or "treading water on Superstars guy" or a "feud that's totally unimportant with no story behind it guy". Every thing they do with Bryan has a plan behind it and ends with him more over. That can happen once or twice for everybody, but with Bryan it's clear it's be design, otherwhile they'd Zack Ryder him and  move on. He doesn't win every match and doesn't need to, his character development goes much deeper than "guy who wins all the time". But they've invested a shitload in him in terms of tv time and big moments/wins, and I don't what else you need to be a main eventer unless main eventer is only if you're THE MAN all the time ala Cena or Hogan.

• Like 14

I don't know if you want all WWE TV to be the "Daniel Bryan is the Greatest Wrestler in History Fan Club Show", but the things you're complaining about is pretty ridiculous. Being a main eventer doesn't mean always coming out on top, and losing to other top stars in competitive matches and getting dissed in promos doesn't means you're buried.

They've:

He got the most high profile angle on the NXT TV show, came back as the special tag partner for Team Cena as a HUGE deal in his first PPV match, then was the only guy who got a big feud with an established guy in the Miz while the Nexus guys all got downsized. He was put down by heels, that's what heels do. I don't know if you want every feud with Daniel Bryan to be his opponent saying "you're the greatest, I'm not worthy".

Heels and heel commentators say bad things about faces. It means he's important and the heels are jealous of him/dislike him because of the good he stands for. The unimportant ones either get nothing or get fake compliments for heels to show how full of shit the heels are.

He did turn heel. And it got him more over. His run with AJ was fantastic. YES was a face chant, NOs got him heel heat. No different than Angle and the "You suck" chants. A device to get heat

As part of a redemption angle that ended with him being the first worker to get a fall over the unstoppable Shield.

Which all got super over and clearly had alot of time put into them.

And then he BEAT them. Heels said it, he proved them wrong.

He was the main protagonist to the biggest heel stable. He got outnumbered, that's the whole point of former stables, to outnumber people. Whenever he got any Authority member one of one fairly, he won.

They did it for like two weeks. It was clearly planned to be a faux turn, and the ending got a ridiculous pop. It's an angle they run all the time, see Orton/Authority, Punk/New Breed, the face joins the heel group to gain their trust and secrets and then beats them up. Its the best way to get past a stable leader's lackeys.

They make terrible merch for everybody ever not named Punk or Edge.

They put him over top heel Seth Rollins one week later in 2015, and he was selling a Sister Abigail to the guard-rail in 2014. Using DB to put over a guy they clearly see as future #1 heel in Bray isn't burying him, and if they wanted to kill his heat after, they'd make what he does unimportant or just keep him off tv.

They held the 2013 Slammy award in Washington just cause DB was winning Superstar of the Year

Cause they're building Reigns. Losing to Reigns in a 30 minute match isn't a burial, it's losing to your equal. They treated him as Reigns' equal throughout and after the feud, he just couldn't stop the man on a mission on that night. They did stuff like that with Hart and Foley all the time, when you're at that bulletproof level you can take a loss or two.

Those people are in the Andre the Giant Memorial match. The IC Title match is for "guys that are important that they stay over, but we can't all give one on one matches (and R-Truth)". And they've made DB the centre of the match and compared him going for the belt to guys like Savage and Steamboat and mentioned that winning would mean HE'S HELD EVERY BELT IN THE COMPANY IN UNDER 5 YEARS.

He's not Roman. Roman needs to be protected for his character's aura. DB's character is about overcoming odds. He can't overcome shit if he's never struggling or nevr being mistreated. Quite frankly, Roman needs more  stuf to overcome if he wants to get over like Bryan.

You don't remember because you've haven't seen a superstar come in and EVERY angle he's ever been in has been treated as important like Bryan for such an extended period since Taker or Brock. He's never once been a "we have nothing for you, you're gonna be off tv for a while guy" or "treading water on Superstars guy" or a "feud that's totally unimportant with no story behind it guy". Every thing they do with Bryan has a plan behind it and ends with him more over. That can happen once or twice for everybody, but with Bryan it's clear it's be design, otherwhile they'd Zack Ryder him and  move on. He doesn't win every match and doesn't need to, his character development goes much deeper than "guy who wins all the time". But they've invested a shitload in him in terms of tv time and big moments/wins, and I don't what else you need to be a main eventer unless main eventer is only if you're THE MAN all the time ala Cena or Hogan.

Got it, so every burial and insult towards DB was just a part of a very very very long term angle to acheive, um something, that you seem to be the only one in on.

I'd waste my time breaking apart every point, but it would just be wasting my time. I'd say you are on the WWE kool-aid, but you are the WWE kool-aid.