DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Back to what you do with Reigns if he loses, you have him come out on Raw and say he'll get back to the top very soon and you'll see what he means tonight. Then later on he destroys Faniel Bryan who is the IC champ. Then the following week he explains his actions by blaming Daniel Bryan and his fans. To me it makes sense considering how meta WWE writing can be.

• Like 1

Back to what you do with Reigns if he loses, you have him come out on Raw and say he'll get back to the top very soon and you'll see what he means tonight. Then later on he destroys Faniel Bryan who is the IC champ. Then the following week he explains his actions by blaming Daniel Bryan and his fans. To me it makes sense considering how meta WWE writing can be.

That actually works on two levels. First, Roman begins the re-build. Second, there is suddenly a program involving the IC title that finally fucking matters, thus helping to make the IC title important again.

They won't do it, but it's a great idea.

I don't think this possibility has been discussed--but if the decision is made to make Roman heel, they could have Rock come out and save Roman just as he's about to be F5'd.  Rock Bottom, People's Elbow, mud stomp--sets up Superman Punch and Spear for the victory. 

Rollins tries to cash in on Roman the next night, but J&J come out for the save and now Roman is the corporate champion, aligning with the Authority.  Brock becomes a super babyface. It also puts Rock/Brock on the table for WM 32.

The only problem with that scenario is what to do with Rollins after that--though you could push him into the IC picture for a Rollins-Bryan feud.

Well, I for one, hope there's an actual discussion thread about the show for people who want to discuss something WM about the other than fucking Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. We fucking get it!!!

Also, the divas tag has potential. I wish it was a tornado tag stip, but it will prolly be a standard tag match with the Bellas working on AJ until Paige tags in, clears house, pins Nikki etc etc

Or having Paige and AJ beat the shit of the Bellas only for Nikki to get a cheap win would work too..

Whenever I see posts from ebbie, it looks like this:

Hate,, hate hate hate, hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate!!!

Anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger.

Nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense..

And her avatar looks like this:

egg.jpg

• Like 5

Well, I for one, hope there's an actual discussion thread about the show for people who want to discuss something WM about the other than fucking Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. We fucking get it!!!

Blame WWE for not even putting the Divas Championship up for grabs.  That defanged the match quite a bit.

Besides, I posted a perfectly nice photo of the Bellas Funko figures in the Merchandise thread just for you. Everything's better with FUNKO!  But you don't see that.  You don't see me.

Per WWE.com

The updated list of the Andre Battle Royal participants

The Miz 

Curtis Axel
Ryback
Fandango
Adam Rose 
Zack Ryder
Jack Swagger
Titus O’Neil
Darren Young
Big Show
Kane
Erick Rowan 
Damien Mizdow 
Sin Cara 
Goldust
Heath Slater
Mark Henry 
Konnor 
Viktor (UPDATED MARCH 23)

Plus the winner of the NXT match today at Axxess gets a spot (4-way between Adrian Neville, Tyler Breeze, Hideo Itami and Finn Balor)

So, now the Andre Battle Royal has become the equivalent of the Mulkey Brothers, Mike Jackson, George South, Italian Stallion, and Cougar Jay running into each other for 20 minutes to open the biggest show of the year.

• Like 1

So what's everyone's prediction for match of the night....I'd say Rusev/Cena or Orton/Rollins. Also I'm excited for the spectacle of Taker/Wyatt and Sting/Hunter. Will the Mania set allow for a Helicopter to fly over Levi's Stadium and allow for Sting to repel from the helo into the ring

Whenever I see posts from ebbie, it looks like this:

Hate,, hate hate hate, hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate!!!

Anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger anger.

Nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense nonsense..

You're gonna have to be more specific.  You just described at least 62% of the posts on this board.

• Like 1

Get that orchestra from the 2k15 commercial and have them play him to the ring using his Crow theme would be one thing.

I would say do the whole Sting Army thing from WCW, but they used that years ago for John Cena with his clones.

Other than that, I have no clue.

I think having a bunch of Triple H clones in Sting face paint coming down to the various HHH themes over the years would be interesting.

Also with Wrestlemania in San Jose and Metallica being wrestling fans, have Metallica play "Seek and Destroy" live for Sting, though I could see people complaining they didn't announce Metallica in advance

Okay:  What match outcome will really shake up the status quo to any degree?

That's my main thing:  I really don't care too much about any of the match outcomes one way or the other.  Reigns is already a top guy and the title change just seems like a formality.  Everything else...what difference does it make if Sting or HHH wins?  Orton or Rollins(especially with the briefcase not at stake)?  Taker or Wyatt(especially with no streak)?

I think the quality of this show will come down to match lengths. If they keep most of the big matches around or under 15 minutes it'll probably be a fun show. If they go all WWE epics with the main event, Sting/HHH and possibly Bray/Taker it could get ugly. Rusev/Cena and the ladder match are the only two on the show I'd want approaching 20 minutes.

That's my main thing:  I really don't care too much about any of the match outcomes one way or the other.  Reigns is already a top guy and the title change just seems like a formality.  Everything else...what difference does it make if Sting or HHH wins?  Orton or Rollins(especially with the briefcase not at stake)?  Taker or Wyatt(especially with no streak)?

If Sting wins, I think we get more of the distant Triple H we had for most of the month. He'll be too busy stewing over the fact that Sting pinned him in the middle of a WWE ring to pay attention to Rome burning around him. Steph will continue to be so power hungry she'll try and force Rollins into cashing in his MITB right away even though he's obviously hurt from his loss to Orton.

If Rusev wins, then he's now the new big bad guy since Brock's a face. If Cena wins, it depends on how he wins. Because if Cena wins via cheating or by making Rusev pass out, you still have the fact that Rusev didn't get pinned nor did he tap out which still helps build up Rusev.

Depending on the ending to the Divas match could allow for some NXT girls to come up to WWE. Also the Andre Battle Royale could push Ryback back up to the US title picture or could be a way to introduce Balor/Neville/Breeze/Itami to the main roster which would inject new blood in the midcard

EDIT: Forgot about Wyatt, the idea of the Wyatt having the full powers of the Undertaker are interesting because now you have someone who would be willing to use the supernatural powers to destroy the WWE whereas the Undertaker (and to a lesser extent Kane) is not that insane. Wyatt is basically a fully unleashed Lord of Darkness Era Undertaker without Vince McMahon manipulating him

I'm not sure how likely these are, but potential results that could shake things up:

- Rollins pinning Lesnar

- Rusev beating Cena clean

Oh, and Truth winning the IC...