DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

I seem to remember Meltzer reporting that Bryan was experiencing numbness in his right arm after his match with Harper on RAW a few weeks backs when he was taking all those stupid bumps. Whatever the condition of his neck, he's not helping it, that's for sure.

Meltzer also claimed he knew about Brocking signing with WWE over UFC weeks ago. Meltzer is basically Rovert at this point, and he gets fed a constant stream of bullshit to perpetuate this reality era trope they're going for now. 

• Like 1

Isn't Brock super safe because he's so strong? I feel like Austin said that. Someone said that.

He did send Undertaker to the hospital.

The Undertaker is also old as shit. Concussions are pretty horrible at any age, more so when you're older and have taken more bumps. How is that Brock's fault?

It seems like it's been a talking point that Bryan shouldn't wrestle Brock because his neck would get screwed up again.

The reality of global warming is also a talking point. People talk about lots of shit without knowing anything.

I seem to remember Meltzer reporting that Bryan was experiencing numbness in his right arm after his match with Harper on RAW a few weeks backs when he was taking all those stupid bumps. Whatever the condition of his neck, he's not helping it, that's for sure.

Meltzer also claimed he knew about Brocking signing with WWE over UFC weeks ago. Meltzer is basically Rovert at this point, and he gets fed a constant stream of bullshit to perpetuate this reality era trope they're going for now. 

Well, you could see he couldn't get his arm up for the "YES!" for a few seconds after the match. But can't anyone get a stinger from doing dumb stuff they shouldn't be doing?

The Undertaker just turned 50 yesterday. However, a big guy's frame is going to take more of a pounding over the years than that of a smaller man. That said, 'taker has always absorbed a lot of punishment in his matches and when you get past 40 nagging injuries are just that, nagging and they don't go away. Brock seems pretty darn safe in the ring compared to a lot of guys. This crap about him hurting Daniel Bryan is just that, crap. Daniel Bryan (whose work I love, don't get me wrong) will do a lot more to injure Daniel Bryan than Brock will. I don't know if he thinks he's indestructible or what, but he shows no sign of toning down the high risk stuff, apparently that's just who he is. He would still be one of the five best wrestlers on the planet if he took it a little easier on himself, but I just don't think it's in him to do so. I think he knows one way to go about things and that's full throttle, consequences be damned. Enjoy him while he's here.

• Like 1

Isn't Brock super safe because he's so strong? I feel like Austin said that. Someone said that.

He did send Undertaker to the hospital.

The Undertaker is also old as shit. Concussions are pretty horrible at any age, more so when you're older and have taken more bumps. How is that Brock's fault?

Taker allegedly got the concussion on a double leg takedown did he not? That's just unfortunate circumstances more than anything. It was Austin saying he considered Brock safe because of his incredible strength, and I tend to believe Austin.

I have no idea the condition of Bryan's neck, but given his history, seeing him take headdroppy stuff makes me wince. Its his body, he knows what hurts and what doesn't and he is ultimately going to have to deal with that himself.

Dragon has shown signs of toning things down. Doesn't do the top rope drop kick, changed the way he lands on the corner dropkicks and only misses the diving headbutt. He really only loses his mind lately when he's in there with Harper.

If they ran with a double turn at Mania and Heyman sided with Reigns, how would they make that work?  Maybe Heyman will say he was pissed because he refused to listen to him about signing with the UFC for even bigger money because Lesnar wanted to stay king of the WWE mountain where the true competitors are.  So Heyman will turn on Lesnar for turning down huge UFC money to stay with WWE.

Dragon has shown signs of toning things down. Doesn't do the top rope drop kick, changed the way he lands on the corner dropkicks and only misses the diving headbutt. He really only loses his mind lately when he's in there with Harper.

Shouldn't even do the missing diving headbutt.  It's a stupid, dumbass move.  

Quite frankly, I do not understand why he refuses to do the airplane spin.

Sorry if this is old hat, but I didn't see it written anywhere sooo ....

I think I get the Bryan negativity, where it relates to the annoying fanbase. There's probably a lot of "still real to me dammits" that are constantly pushing an aggressive "no Danielson, no peace" agenda. On this forum, it seems that we're mostly reasonably tempered in our fandom. But occasionally there are these eruptions where some individual poster or posters seem to be projecting disgust of the fanbase onto the wrestler. Fans of Bryan step in with attempts to contend said criticisms, but fandom can easily be misinterpreted as fanatacism, esp. with the increasing contentiousness of the debates, which then allows the original criticL poster the support for their argument.

Long day at the clinic. Too much psychology in my brain.

tl;dr - we oughta cut that shit out. Yes yes yes.

• Like 1

The idea that Reigns would be this massively over babyface if Bryan hadn't come back is ridiculous. It was a combination of getting exposed on his own, and terrible booking and writing that did him in. Maybe if he hadn't missed the time with the hernia he could've won the fans over enough to be accepted as a Mania main event worthy talent, but I doubt it.

Bryan didn't cause him to have mediocre matches, Bryan didn't write shitty promos for him. Bryan didn't mumble and fumble his lines. In fact the only times Reigns has looked like a real main event talent was when Bryan was dragging him to good segments and matches.

How ironic is it that the guy who's supposedly the reason Reigns isn't over is the only guy to make him look like he belongs anywhere near a main event?

• Like 2

Bryan is a turd.

Among some of his fans, Bryan shits rainbows.  So the nickname is appropriate. ;)

The idea that Reigns would be this massively over babyface if Bryan hadn't come back is ridiculous.

It's really no more ridiculous than some Bryan fans thinking Reigns is the reason their guy isn't in the main event.

Both fanbases have some kooks--but damned if either side can see that.

I can ALMOST half get people's annoyance with DB fans when people say shit like "DB's not in the main event". Bryan is a main eventer. They've clearly always seen him as the guy for their Main Event Mechanic Spot. Company Ace and Main Eventer are not the same. They don't want him as the company ace, but they've NEVER buried him or tried to limit him. The WWE KNOWS how to kill heat, that it 100% not what they have ever tried to do with Bryan. He gets great moments as a face, he got big commupance as a heel. The most important thing is get someone over is not their win/lose record or title reigns, it's giving them big important moments. Nobody has gotten more big important moments than Bryan is the past 2 years, probably longer going back to his heel run. If they didn't want him over, they'd make his moments seem less important

He's in the Bret Hart/Mick Foley/Chris Jericho spot, and to be honest, trying to force him into the company ace is a waste, cause where he is now is a GREAT spot to have, and a needed part of any promotion. Brock is special attraction of the generation, DB is the main event mechanic guy, they're transitioning Cena so they're trying to find a new company ace. Reigns is the company's choice, but the fans don't want Reigns. Before Bryan came back, the fans clearly wanted Ambrose for the ace role so it's not DB's fault. Life is a cycle, and we've seen this before. Vince will be stubborn for a while until it looks too silly and he'll have to cave on Reigns experiment just like Luger/Diesel/Sheamus etc and they'll probably hit on a guy like Ambrose or Rollins soon after because their rises will feel much more natural. Bryan's gonna have a wonderful career in the mechanic role, and if he really gets too injured for his face stuff, they'll make him work a heel style with his submission stuff. For now, the Reigns stuff isn't awful enough to boycott or change the channel for, so I just accept it, but him being in the main event isn't killing anyone. The WWE is just one big cycle, they're gonna hit on a guy in the next couple years after Reigns regardless, and I really just like wrestling so I'd rather not be that douchebag guy who only watches when the product is "hot".

• Like 4

Personal Jesus, on 25 Mar 2015 - 8:57 PM, said:

The WWE KNOWS how to kill heat, that it 100% not what they have ever tried to do with Bryan.

Good post, but we'll have to agree to disagree about that.

I like Bryan and *I* want him to retire because I'm sick of hearing people bitch and moan about him and his fans.

I like Bryan and *I* want him to retire because I dont want him to end up in a fucking wheelchair.

• Like 1

Back to what you do with Reigns if he loses, you have him come out on Raw and say he'll get back to the top very soon and you'll see what he means tonight. Then later on he destroys Faniel Bryan who is the IC champ. Then the following week he explains his actions by blaming Daniel Bryan and his fans. To me it makes sense considering how meta WWE writing can be.

• Like 1

Back to what you do with Reigns if he loses, you have him come out on Raw and say he'll get back to the top very soon and you'll see what he means tonight. Then later on he destroys Faniel Bryan who is the IC champ. Then the following week he explains his actions by blaming Daniel Bryan and his fans. To me it makes sense considering how meta WWE writing can be.

That actually works on two levels. First, Roman begins the re-build. Second, there is suddenly a program involving the IC title that finally fucking matters, thus helping to make the IC title important again.

They won't do it, but it's a great idea.

I don't think this possibility has been discussed--but if the decision is made to make Roman heel, they could have Rock come out and save Roman just as he's about to be F5'd.  Rock Bottom, People's Elbow, mud stomp--sets up Superman Punch and Spear for the victory. 

Rollins tries to cash in on Roman the next night, but J&J come out for the save and now Roman is the corporate champion, aligning with the Authority.  Brock becomes a super babyface. It also puts Rock/Brock on the table for WM 32.

The only problem with that scenario is what to do with Rollins after that--though you could push him into the IC picture for a Rollins-Bryan feud.

Well, I for one, hope there's an actual discussion thread about the show for people who want to discuss something WM about the other than fucking Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. We fucking get it!!!

Also, the divas tag has potential. I wish it was a tornado tag stip, but it will prolly be a standard tag match with the Bellas working on AJ until Paige tags in, clears house, pins Nikki etc etc

Or having Paige and AJ beat the shit of the Bellas only for Nikki to get a cheap win would work too..