DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I think we should get both "Jameis: The College Years" and "Jameis: The Fall" (or Rise, who knows... Cam was a scumbag in college by all accounts and he's turned out OK). I'm positive they can get enough material to do two hours of college Jameis alone.

No doubt The College Years will be a 2 hour 30 for 30 special. In will probably be a race to see what movie comes 1st Jameis the college years or the rise and fall of ray rice.

We might need Ken Burns before its all over. . . . 

We get the Ray Rice saga first.  The timing lines up.  Even if he gets picked up by a team next season, he'll be a 28-year-old RB who was slowing down before all this.  The chances of Rice fizzling out and being gone from football in two years are pretty high. Most of his story is written.

Winston, on the other hand. . . we've only seen Act I from him and even that hasn't been fully told.  His accuser is suing FSU and eventually, will sue him.  His story can possibly reach Shakespearean levels before it's complete.  Maybe he'll straighten up and be fine.  But the tragic element is strong with Winston.

• Like 1

As a Lions fan this guy makes sense on why "the Detroit Lions can't complain about The Non-Call." Even though he is right on most of what he states, Lions fans can and will complain since it was a missed call.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/five-reasons-the-detroit-lions-can-t-complain-about-the-non-call-013921557.html

He does the same thing a lot of others have done - blaming the Lions for the loss and citing the lack of a stop on 4th and 6 as evidence, ignoring that the NFL said they screwed that up too, not calling a penalty that almost certainly would have gotten Detroit their stop.

It's Thursday... and it's the offseason thread. I think it is time to move on from the fucking Lions/Cowboys game.

Meanwhile - KC signed Terrelle Pryor

• Like 3

It's Thursday... and it's the offseason thread. I think it is time to move on from the fucking Lions/Cowboys game.

Meanwhile - KC signed Terrelle Pryor

Oh, this is perfect on so many levels.  

Unless Andy Reid can get Pryor to understand he can never be an NFL QB and moves him to another position.  Then it sucks.

Kyle Shanahan asked to be released from the Browns and they granted his wish.

Basically the front office is 110% behind Manziel and Kyle wanted no part of that nonsense

Ooof.... The Giants are interviewing Raheem Morris for the DC job.

Because he did such an amazing job with the Skins secondary....

The only thing I can think of is that he's their token Rooney Rule interviewee.  Because they know firsthand how horrible the Skins secondary outside of Breeland was.

Nope.  Rooney Rule Wiki Page

The Rooney Rule requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs. It is sometimes cited as an example of affirmative action, though there is no quota or preference given to minorities in the hiring of candidates.

Nope on top of your nope

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/06/15/nfl-extends-rooney-rule-to-senior-football-operations-jobs/

“This policy specifically requires clubs to interview at least one minority candidate as part of the hiring process for a club’s senior football operations position, whether described as general manager, executive vice president of football operations, or otherwise,” the league said in a release.

Eric Mangini is interviewing for the Skins DC position

There seem to be a bunch of guys interviewing both for HC and assistant positions at the same time this year.

Oh, Cleveland. . .

The NFL is investigating allegations that text messages were sent to the Cleveland Browns' sidelines during games this season, a league spokesman told ESPN.com Friday.

There has been no confirmation as to who might have sent and received the texts, but Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reported earlier in the week that in-game text messages from the front office have been a determining factor in offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan's desire to leave the team. Coaches and management have reportedly disagreed on player personnel and play calling and one executive reportedly went so far as to send messages during games. That upset Shanahan, who, in addition to interviewing for head coaching positions, is reportedly open to a lateral move to another offensive coordinator job to get out of Cleveland.

I guess I don't understand why you have your cell phone on you during the game if you're not supposed to use the damn thing. Put it in your desk or something.

That said. . .this makes Shanahan wanting to get out of Cleveland make a little more sense.

So while they're being hush hush about what this means, exactly, it sounds like someone higher up was trying to text plays and play suggestions to Shanahan maybe.  That's hilarious.

I only saw two Browns games this season.  That being said, aside from calling an illegal trick play he didn't know was illegal, I don't think Shanahan was that bad as the OC.  They could have certainly done worse.  They could have that Gary Kubiak, whom the Ravens often succeed in spite of, not because of.