DVDVR Message Board

[POLL] 2015 DVDVR HALL OF FAME BALLOT

RIPPA

2015 DVDVR MLB HOF BALLOT  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Vote For? (Up to 10 Choices)

• RICH AURILIA
    • JEFF BAGWELL
    • CRAIG BIGGIO
    • BARRY BONDS
    • AARON BOONE
    • TONY CLARK
    • ROGER CLEMENS
    • CARLOS DELGADO
    • JERMAINE DYE
    • DARIN ERSTAD
    • CLIFF FLOYD
    • NOMAR GARCIAPARRA
    • BRIAN GILES
    • TOM GORDON
    • EDDIE GUARDADO
    • RANDY JOHNSON
    • JEFF KENT
    • EDGAR MARTINEZ
    • PEDRO MARTINEZ
    • DON MATTINGLY
    • FRED MCGRIFF
    • MARK MCGWIRE
    • MIKE MUSSINA
    • MIKE PIAZZA
    • TROY PERCIVAL
    • TIM RAINES
    • CURT SCHILLING
    • JASON SCHMIDT
    • GARY SHEFFIELD
    • LEE SMITH
    • JOHN SMOLTZ
    • SAMMY SOSA
    • ALAN TRAMMELL
    • LARRY WALKER

Just to see who would make it - if we, the idiots, had a vote.

YOU CAN VOTE FOR UP TO 10 PEOPLE (this is the honor system people)

Names are alphabetically just to make it fair

Holy Fuck - this is harder than last year

I didn't vote for any drug users - just because it made it easier to narrow down.

And there were still 13 guys I wanted to vote for.

I think if you could vote for whoever you wanted - I think there are 17 HOFs on the list (with only like 3 of them being total mark picks)

This is insanely difficult.  I cruised through the first 7-8 then there were at least 5-6 guys who I could legit make a case for the other 2-3 spots.

I fully expect Rippa to have thrown a bone to Schilling.

This is insanely difficult.  I cruised through the first 7-8 then there were at least 5-6 guys who I could legit make a case for the other 2-3 spots.

I fully expect Rippa to have thrown a bone to Schilling.

I hate you.

God - I think the minimum should be at least 8 names submitted.

Because I mean even if you are a sports writer who follows the rules of 

1) No PED users (or suspected users)

2) No first timers

You can submit a legit ballot of 8-9 names

Wow...This was really tough. I went Killer Bs, Johnson, Kent, Pedro, Mussina, Piazza, Raines, Smoltz and Trammell.

Felt weird about voting for Kent because he's such a cock. I would change that vote if given the chance now that I think about it.

My friend, assuming that you're not drunk (as it's a bit early in the day for that), how did you miss Biggio and Piazza? As to alstein's ballot, at least he had the good sense to include Lee Smith and Alan Trammell. The inclusion of Larry Walker and Fred McGriff is more than a bit puzzling. FWIW, the Crime Dog and Matt Williams were my favorite players during the 1990s, but I don't consider either Hall-worthy. Larry Walker should stand at the doors of the Hall of the Very Good along with Dale Murphy.

alstein's ballot is baffling:

Bagwell
Biggio
Bonds
Johnson
McGriff
Raines
Smith
Smoltz
Trammell
Walker

Speaking of kicking out douchebags and cheats, NO ONE remembered to send in a "Throw the Rascals Out" ballot. And since I always enjoy a good chuckle, please post your reasoning for McGriff and Walker going in.

I don't buy into any moral debates on who should be in or not. If we are playing that way, tell me when they are done kicking out all the past douchebags and cheats, then I'll change my ballot.

My ballot:

Bonds

Randy Johnson

Mike Piazza

Mark McGwire

Roger Clemens

Pedro Martinez

Edgar Martinez

Sammy Sosa

John Smoltz

Alan Trammell

Edited to include Trammell who I left off this list (but not my ballot) initially.

How does anyone vote for Don Mattingly and not Barry Bonds? Yes, Phil I'm looking at you...

I left out PED users just to make my life easier in picking guys. It was hard enough narrowing down to 10 after removing them.

I have no problems including them and believe that Bonds and Clemens are both HOFers.

Mattingly is my all time favorite player and I will never not think he should be in. I totally get why he isn't in (and won't be). That doesn't mean that in my mark eyes he shouldn't be.

My argument for McGriff (and probably Walker too really)would be that if you someone tell me that you are not voting for steroid guys, then you should act like they don't even exist. McGriff's numbers don't look amazing for his era, but generally it seems most think the best players in his era were cheating, where as nobody seems to think McGriff is. Take out Big Mac, Palmero, and Bagwell (since people apparently think he did it because reasons) the only 1B in his era we can say was certainly better then him was Thomas.

And in how many other eras is a player with a career .284 average, 493 homers, and a .886 career OPS not getting in?

Bro, you of all people left out Trammell? WTF?

My ballot:

Bonds

Randy Johnson

Mike Piazza

Mark McGwire

Roger Clemens

Pedro Martinez

Edgar Martinez

Sammy Sosa

John Smoltz