DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Basically story is Nash beat up his 18 y/o son, gets arrested, a few hours later his son beats up his mother and the son gets arrested. Arrests hours apart. Not the same incident. So my guess is they all get drunk, Tristen says some dumb thing 18 y/o's say, gets into a fight with Big Kev, calls the cops, Big Kev gets arrested, mom yells at son for getting dad arrested, kid drunkenly attacks mom too and gets cops called on him

I'm jealous as hell of you guys who live where there's tons of indies running every weekend. I'd have to drive up to the Orlando/Tampa area to see indy wrestling and it's just too far. I don't think there are any good or notable promotions who regularly run the Fort Lauderdale area.

I don't know how far you are from Miami but Ronin Wrestling runs the Miami Airport Convention center usually once a month. They got a good roster like Colt Cabana, Los Ben Dejos, The Savages and other local talent, They are running a show on January 17th with guys like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Greg Valentine, Cabana, Matt Sydal and Mad Man Pondo.

They also run shows in New Port Richey with a lot of the FIP guys under Uproar Wrestling

I'm on my phone so I'm not putting a link here but TMZ is reporting that Kevin Nash and his 18 year old son were both arrested for a domestic dispute after getting into a brawl with each other. Both look smug as fuck in their mug shots, to the surprise of no one.

According to Nash, the brawl drew 30,000 at the Garden.

Does the Garden even hold that many people?

I'm on my phone so I'm not putting a link here but TMZ is reporting that Kevin Nash and his 18 year old son were both arrested for a domestic dispute after getting into a brawl with each other. Both look smug as fuck in their mug shots, to the surprise of no one.

If you count the people hanging from the rafters.

• Like 3

10.jpg

it does when they're hanging from the rafters, Brain.

• Like 1

Basically story is Nash beat up his 18 y/o son, gets arrested, a few hours later his son beats up his mother and the son gets arrested. Arrests hours apart. Not the same incident. So my guess is they all get drunk, Tristen says some dumb thing 18 y/o's say, gets into a fight with Big Kev, calls the cops, Big Kev gets arrested, mom yells at son for getting dad arrested, kid drunkenly attacks mom too and gets cops called on him

My assumption is that it was a late Festivus celebration. Airing of grievances, feats of strength, challenging the eldest male.....

• Like 14

Curt McGirt, on 24 Dec 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

If you don't like this, you got a problem.

I like that Kurisu dressed up as Al Borland for a street fight. That's a real man right there, and he can definitely fuck you up if he gets his hands on a power tool.

• Like 2

Love that match. Fuck Dave Meltzer saying Dick was lazy. I'd rather watch a match like Murdoch vs. Afa than a 30 minute epic with a 10 minute end run of kicking out of finishers.

When did he say that? He was talking about him the other day glowingly.
The rap against Murdoch was that he often took nights off and half-assed it in the ring.

The knock I always heard about his half-assing wasn't that he was lazy, but that he was capable on any given night of working a Three Stooges-style match. Which was part of the reason he apparently never got final approval to be NWA Champion at a couple of given points. He was talented enough, but too many of the Powers That Be didn't think he could be trusted with it.

It did that night, my friend.

• Like 10

The masochist in me wants to see Kevin & Tristan Nash vs. Scott & Cody Hall with special guest referee, Steve Harvey.

Shouldn't these teams be flipped after the Nash fight and the Cody theft?  Or Tristan and Cody could team up to be the "Ungrateful Little Shits" or something.

The masochist in me wants to see Kevin & Tristan Nash vs. Scott & Cody Hall with special guest referee, Steve Harvey.

Can we agree that all four should show up to Mania in time to turn on Sting?

I would have thought it's a given in the Nash household that the only fight you go looking for after heavy drinking is on Twitter.

IIRC, Bobby Heenan was asked about Murdoch and said something to effect that "He could wrestle like Thesz but he wanted to be Red Bastien". Basically that he could be a great technician but he liked doing the comedy/overselling stuff more.