DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

They set it up from the start of Survivor Series with Vince saying that only Cena has the power to restore HHH/Stephanie to their positions.  Rollins' character has been crying and whining for the past month and a half about how Cena needs to bring back The Authority.  It's not like the signs weren't already there on TV.

If you count per Pro Wrestling Title Histories, counting the unrecognized swaps that they have listed, Flair is at 21 NWA/WCW World/WCW International/WWF/E World titles.

Does that include the Fujinami switch in '91?  IIRC the NWA recognizes it even though WCW never did,

If you count per Pro Wrestling Title Histories, counting the unrecognized swaps that they have listed, Flair is at 21 NWA/WCW World/WCW International/WWF/E World titles.

Does that include the Fujinami switch in '91?  IIRC the NWA recognizes it even though WCW never did,

Yes, because the NWA title is seperate from the WCW title.

I still don't understand why Vince hasn't forked over the $5 it would take to buy the rights to the NWA. 

Why should he pay five bucks for nothing?

There has to be some money in being able to slap the NWA logo on t-shirts. Plus a "History of the NWA" documentary with all of the footage that Vince has would be interesting. 

Hey, remember when HHH was a FACE authority figure there for a minute? That would be the only way this shit would work. Hell they can have him and Steph on opposing sides if they insist on it. Hunter needs to eat some crow and do something to make us actually want to watch him on the damn show.

Of course, they'd probably just fuck it up

I figured that The Authority were always going to return in short order. Between the Cena stip and the debut of Sting to attack Triple H, it seemed pretty obvious that they'd be back for the build to Mania.

It seemed pretty obvious, but my issue is with the company believing ratings are down because of HHH & Stephanie's abscence from tv instead of seeing the real problems.

I figured that The Authority were always going to return in short order. Between the Cena stip and the debut of Sting to attack Triple H, it seemed pretty obvious that they'd be back for the build to Mania.

It seemed pretty obvious, but my issue is with the company believing ratings are down because of HHH & Stephanie's abscence from tv instead of seeing the real problems.

There are people on this very board that think nothing is wrong with the booking and will vehemently defend it. What makes you think anyone in Stanford even believes there's a problem with the writing?

Amazingly the little kids, with or without cancer, are substantially more important to WWE than the posters on DVDVR and those who think Flair should keep his world title record.

Honestly a bunch of Flair's world title reigns are just as much bullshit as Cena's. How great are any of Flair's title runs post-Starrcade '95?

• Like 1

Technico Support, on 23 Dec 2014 - 3:37 PM, said:

PowerPB13, on 23 Dec 2014 - 2:07 PM, said:

The WWE is anxious to bring back HHH and Stephanie because RAW's sagging ratings are being directly attributed to them not being on TV."

That's amazing.  Reason #9384 why the people in power should never also be talent.  This company is so fucked it's not even funny.  Their creative problems have a major list of very complex reasons and the answer is definitely not as simple as "more McMahons on TV."

Count me in with the people who pay for WWE Network just for old stuff and NXT. 

We all know NXT R-Evolution would've been much better with a 20 minute HHH and Stephanie promo.

• Like 2

A couple of those Flair reigns are from like 1999 with some weird bullshit going on when the title was being vacated like every other week so really, does any of this matter?  Nobody is going to ever say that Cena is a better promo than Flair or a better bleeder than Flair.

I would be interested to see how people would rate their in-ring work. I mean, you'd think it would be Flair but Cena has amassed quite the library himself.