DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Speaking of divas, I always thought Kelly Kelly had tremendous potential to be the top female face of the company, in a white meat babyface kinda way, but they never really went all the way with it.

• Like 2

Speaking of divas, I always thought Kelly Kelly had tremendous potential to be the top female face of the company, in a white meat babyface kinda way, but they never really went all the way with it.

I agree, really enjoyed her last series of matches with Beth in 2011. She had come a long way to getting pretty decent in the ring and their matches started to get a bit more time. Good run as divas champ.

Trish became fantastic at certain things, to hit that side tangent.  She never had real good execution, but she was perfectly capable of good matches with any half-way passable wrestler.

Plus, she looked like Trish Stratus.

• Like 1

Oddly enough she was the only diva I have cared about since Trish left. The Divas division is strictly fast forward material for me but there was a mixed tag match with her and Balls Mahoney vs. Kenny Dykstra & Victoria from 2007 ECW that floored me as she was like the female Ricky Morton in that match. Complete with the crowd getting completely behind her and chanting her name.

I'd watch her every now and again after that and always thought she was really under rated by people who DO watch all the Divas matches. I also thought they could have gotten some more out of her since she seemed to have a natural babyface charisma that worked with live crowds.

• Like 1

I'll always remember Kelly Kelly for that mourning letter she posted to (Facebook? MySpace?) when Test died, that read like what a grade school kid would read at a funeral for his/her goldfish. Not saying that to be a jerk; it was sweet in a simple way.

I don't think there's any point in having Undertaker wrestle at WrestleMania anymore since the streak's been broken.  A "run-in" would work.

I want Sting vs. Bray Wyatt.  Wyatt agrees to fight "The Vigilante" for Triple H in exchange for a favor to be named later.  Ref bump.  Trips already at ringside, jumps in.  J&J and Kane run-in.  Scott Armstrong hits the ring to count the fall.  Lights go out.  Lights come back on and Undertaker's in the ring and double choke slams J&J and clotheslines Kane over the top.  Sting shitcans Trips and makes his comeback on Wyatt, hits the Scorpion Deathdrop and Undertaker intimidates Armstrong to make the count.  Sting/Undertaker handshake.

Reigns should beat Lesnar clean in the middle with a Superman punch.  Shenanigans after the match with an attempted Rollins cash in and Ambrose interception.  Reigns/Ambrose fist bump.  Pyro, confetti.

Undercard, open with the battle royal.  Ryback wins.  Hogan brothers him up.  Then Rusev makes his entrance with Nikolai Volkoff to sing the Russian National Anthem.  Tease Ryback/Rusev match for down the road.  Cena comes out with an American flag and has Lilian Garcia sing the Star-Spangled Banner.  Hogan stays at ringside waving the flag.  Rusev wins by countout or DQ.  Cena poses with Hogan like he won.

Maybe a multi-man IC match with Ziggler/Rollins/Orton.  Could add Ambrose and Sheamus too.  Or do Ambrose vs. Harper in some kind of street fight.

Tag Title Match with Miz/Mizdow defending against The Usos, Los Matadores, and Jack Swagger/BUNKHOUSE BUCK!  Bunkhouse returns to help his son out of his slump.  It's a donnybrook.  You got Uso getting distracted by the Colonel chatting up Naomi.  You got THE MONSTER MENG! double Tongan Death Gripping both Matadores.  You got El Torito chasing Zeb around the ring.  Finish is Buck and Mizdow getting tagged in as the legal men at the same time as Swagger hooks Miz with the Patriot Lock.  Miz starts tapping so Mizdow hits the mat and taps out.  Bunkhouse wins the WWE Tag Team Championship without even touching his opponent.

Next night on Raw, Adam Rose and The Exotic Express come out as Rose and The Bunny have a Tag Title match.  When the bell rings, The Bunny kicks Rose in the dick.  He unmasks and it's The Swagger Soaring Eagle!  Buck pins Rose for The Stud Stable's first successful title defense.  The Colonel tells the Exotic Express that if they want to party then they can party as part of The Stud Stable Celebration or Meng will kick them all in the head.  Then he gives the Stable gifts for a successful WrestleMania.  Bunkhouse, Swags, and Meng all get gold Rolex watches.  The Eagle gets a big gold clock on a chain to wear around his neck.  And Zeb gets a watermelon cause the Colonel thinks he could use more Vitamin C after his sorry performance against El Torito the previous night.

• Like 4

No

Okay fair enough. Not my best idea. Just trying to give Roman SOMETHING to justify this big push he's going to get.

Cause he is one of the most over faces they have. That is their justification. He had probably the pop of the night at TLC. Some may have a problem as a whole with his push but he is super over. 

• Like 1

I do not remember Kelly improving at all. She reminded me of Torrie Wilson. They were both over but were never better than "pretty bad" throughout their entire run.

Trish was pretty damn good. I know people got tired of her but I'll always point to the match at No Way Out against Stephanie. Two women with no in-ring experience at all and they tore the house down. They beat the crap out of one another and everything looked like it hurt.

...ok, it's possible I don't remember that period so well, but point me towards a good Candice Michelle match, cuz I really don't remember her having any talent for wrestling at all.

If you have the Network, I think her best two is probably the GAB 07 match with Melina which while short is the best showcase of Candice on offense, great diving crossbody. And the Unforgiven 07 match with Beth, a solid underdog vs monster match, thought Candice looked awesome there and had a good performance throughout. The Candice/Beth rematch at No Mercy is a lot shorter but decent as well. I think they built to the 2/3 falls match on Raw and that's where she broke her collarbone.

Having watched those two, I have to say this: I want my 11 minutes back.

per DA MELTZ:

• "A licensing partner of WWE was told last week to do no new merchandise for Lesnar. They were also told that for group shot merchandise, which would have the top stars all together (Lesnar was to be in all that stuff), to take Lesnar out and replace him with Sheamus." They aren't sure on Lesnar, and because this stuff will appear after his current last day, they don't want to take any chance.

• Undertaker has a guaranteed million dollar deal, so he will be at Mania whether he wrestles or not.

• Creative was told to make a Mysterio story to build to Mania. The story was scrapped.

• Orton will return to WWE action on 12/26. His program will be with Kane, not Rollins. That is being saved.

• Paul Levesque wants to make a physical WWE HOF. Vince disagrees because they lose money. WWE made a deal with Dan Lambert to get the original WWWF belt.

• WWE offered a deal to Uhaa Nation. He isn't taking bookings after a certain date, but it is unsure if he took the contract offer or not.

• Young Bucks turned down a WWE tryout

• Shelton Benjamin would return to the WWE, Charlie Haas is happy to never return.

• Like 1

I agree, really enjoyed her last series of matches with Beth in 2011. She had come a long way to getting pretty decent in the ring and their matches started to get a bit more time. Good run as divas champ.

I always felt she had a decent enough mind for wrestling, but nothing enough passion/will to get into a slightly more athletic shape to improve. Felt the same way with Maryse.

per DA MELTZ:

• Creative was told to make a Mysterio story to build to Mania. The story was scrapped.

That's amazing. 

I bet there's a lot of that in WWE.  "I need a backstory for why Fandango and Reigns are fighting" *writers toss around ideas, come up with backstory* "We got that story on Reigns-Fandango." "Never mind, we'll just have one interrupt the other, no need for a backstory."

Oh good, Orton vs Kane. The two least interesting guys on the roster. Can't wait.

Orton was briefly hot again after breaking away from the Authority, so of course they don't have him get revenge on the authority during SurSer in STL, and now they're bringing him back only to feud with the heat-sucking machine known as Kane. 

Weird decision here. They should just put the belt on Rollins at RR and have him beat Orton in a placeholder feud at the February PPV before going into Mania. 

per DA MELTZ:

• Paul Levesque wants to make a physical WWE HOF. Vince disagrees because they lose money. WWE made a deal with Dan Lambert to get the original WWWF belt.

That could have been built into the performance center when it was done. Perfect location in Orlando where a lot of people already vacation. 

Orton coming back from injury and having a warm-up short feud with Kane makes sense storywise and in real life shit., Kane's known as an incredibly safe worker so he's perfect for a guy coming back from injury to work with, and storyline-wise Orton would still want to get some revenge on The Authority, and Kane's the obvious first choice survivor of that group for him to want to fuck up. After he's done with Kane, it'll be Rollins, obviously.

I took it to mean that negotiations between Mysterio and WWE broke down, again.

Very weird as Konnan mentioned on his podcast that the WWE had Mysterio ready to go at Survivor Series but pulled his return that night. I still see the MLW account tweet out #FreeRey, so I'm guessing there's still behind the scenes bullshit being worked out.