DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Is it just me or does it seem like they're building towards a confrontation/match between Rollins & Sting?

That would be a perfect match for Sting. Austin Aries and Sting had a very good match on Impact. I'm sure Rollins could pull out a similar quality match. Only downside is I would prefer to see Sting win but that isn't the right way to do business against Rollins. Against Triple H he would have a chance to win but it is Triple H so who knows. That Sting and Triple H stare down did have a potential big match feel to it though.

I like the idea of Rollins vs Sting and since Rock cant work a match at Mania you could have him in Stings corner and Hunter in Rollins corner and Rock can get little physical with out risking getting hurt.

Rock vs Hunter was planned for Mania anyways before Rock had a movie lined up to shoot around that time so you can play off that and do Rock vs Hunter Next year.

Since The Rock came back at SS '11 what was been his best match. I wasnt watched any of them and hear that he has been terrible but I like to know which is the most watchable.

He wasn't unwatchable, just not in great ring-shape. I'd probably go with the match vs Punk at RR.

• Like 1

WrestleMania 31 is on the one year anniversay of Reid's death... One would hope Flair would be with his family during that time.

I was unaware of that, but who knows whether it'd stop him if he was offered the gig. Totally explains the uncomfortable crying on the Legends panel last year, though. I hope he's doing okay.

I know it's great to pretend Orton doesn't exist but he'll be Rollins' opponent at Mania

I don't know whether this is a testament to the shittiness of the current WWE booking, or to my own short attention span, but I completely forgot about their issue. I hope they come through with some badass video packages to bring me (and I'm sure many others) up to speed.

Joesph Parks was awesome. The feud with Bully Ray was great, when they did the contract signing for the Slammiversary match and the crowd was super into it was magical and I like the Slammiversary match. The little things were great, Parks wrestling in a track suit, not having entrance music, holding the chair upside down and The Abyss run in at the end all great touches. I did think the match could have went another five minutes but I really like that match and feud. I even liked the stuff Parks did with Hogan and him gong to OVW to train with Danny Davis was a cool little character trait. Then TNA fucked it all up.

I loved Joe Park so much. I mean there was something about the character that made you want to root for him. I would have done one of two things for his feud with Bully Ray. Booked him into the Bound For Glory Series and made him the unlikely winner leading to an amazing underdog match against Ray for the title. He'd come up short but earn everyone's respect.

The other would have been him running the Aces & Eights gauntlet. Ray jokingly says "sure you can have a match with me if you can beat everyone in the club". One by one he beats everyone and Bully Ray becomes desperate to keep him out of the match. Tries taking him out, but Joe comes back even stronger and has the most amazing underdog fight ever and wins the title.

But as we've said this is TNA and they fucked it all up.

That would have been sweet, I would have kept Aries as world champ until Lockdown 13 with the Bully as the Aces leader reveal. I would have had Joe Park replace Dinero in the 2012 BFGS, lose to Bully in the finals. Then do the Aces gauntlet at Sacrifice 13 with a match against Bully at Slammiversary which he loses by a rookie mistake, then have Park win the BFGS 13 and beat Bully at BFG 13 for the world title. I wouldnt have had Sabin win the world title r done the AJ thing. I would have  Sent AJ off with a hero's goodbye. I would have turned Mangus Heel and had Mangus beat Joe Park for the world title but not with all the gimmicky run ins and shit. And there would not have been any Dixie Carter power shit. And my X Division, Tag division and Knockouts divison would be top notch cutting edge shit. But Im not in charge of TNA.

So, Hulk Hogan said something really not-embarrassing and kind of beautiful today on the topic of Pat Patterson being gay and I thought it deserved to be shared here.

"Back when Pat was wrestling, he was afraid to be who he really is -- or was meant to be -- because of all this stuff he inherited from society," he explained, "'You're supposed to be this tough wrestler.' 'You're supposed to be this good-looking, platinum blonde champion who goes out and dates the best looking women.' 'You're supposed to be this.' 'You're supposed to be that.'"

"But that's not true!" Hogan concluded emphatically, "Pat Patterson is supposed to be who he's meant to be, not who people think he should be, if that makes any sense."

• Like 7

So, Hulk Hogan said something really not-embarrassing and kind of beautiful today on the topic of Pat Patterson being gay and I thought it deserved to be shared here.

"Back when Pat was wrestling, he was afraid to be who he really is -- or was meant to be -- because of all this stuff he inherited from society," he explained, "'You're supposed to be this tough wrestler.' 'You're supposed to be this good-looking, platinum blonde champion who goes out and dates the best looking women.' 'You're supposed to be this.' 'You're supposed to be that.'"

"But that's not true!" Hogan concluded emphatically, "Pat Patterson is supposed to be who he's meant to be, not who people think he should be, if that makes any sense."

Then he stood up and said, "Woah. Guess I ate too much sushi."

Not the first time Hogan has said something like this. Was it a couple of years back when he posted some video of him doing a promo or shilling something with a feather boa, which drew a lot of "that's gay" comments? To which his response was that if he was gay he'd be proud of it, because there's nothing wrong with being gay. I'm probably mangling the story horribly, but that was the general sentiment.

Wait, how does that work?  Is it like the finish Ricochet's been using where picks him up like a GTS, then he drops the guy completely to a standing position, then kicks him in the head?

Finishes like that suck.  "Hey, I'm going to pick you up and then put you down gently back on your feet.  The fact that I did nothing to you should confuse you so much that you won't be ready for this big strike."  Hero's been doing the same thing, letting guys down from suplexes and electric chairs to hit an elbow.  Really dumb looking.

• Like 1

Wait, how does that work? Is it like the finish Ricochet's been using where picks him up like a GTS, then he drops the guy completely to a standing position, then kicks him in the head?

Finishes like that suck. "Hey, I'm going to pick you up and then put you down gently back on your feet. The fact that I did nothing to you should confuse you so much that you won't be ready for this big strike." Hero's been doing the same thing, letting guys down from suplexes and electric chairs to hit an elbow. Really dumb looking.

Its the new "thing". We are in the era of meta finishers. Fuckin hipsters ruining the business....

back to the personality thing....

Me and my dad had an idea as a kid that a really good angle to make wrestling good again.  WWF would have jimmy hart announce that he was going to be a wrestler.  Show him train and stuff for a while, then when you introduce him for his first match it is Jim Neidhart.  But like totally convince the crowd its jimmy hart.  I'm not sure what the blow off is, maybe he just quits and then comes back out as jimmy hart.  I've always thought that was the best angle, this was probably around 92 or 93.  

Wait, how does that work?  Is it like the finish Ricochet's been using where picks him up like a GTS, then he drops the guy completely to a standing position, then kicks him in the head?

Finishes like that suck.  "Hey, I'm going to pick you up and then put you down gently back on your feet.  The fact that I did nothing to you should confuse you so much that you won't be ready for this big strike."  Hero's been doing the same thing, letting guys down from suplexes and electric chairs to hit an elbow.  Really dumb looking.

I love Luke Harper to death but his fucking "hey imma pick you up for a suplex, but place you back down on your feet and punch you" move irks me. Dumbest shit since Christian's vaulting over the top rope to slap a guy move.