DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

There are far more acts I like in NXT than the main roster right now. There's only a handful of acts in NXT I don't like where there's probably only a handful I do like on the main roster. It's gotten so bad for Cesaro I'm kind of hoping they put him in Tyson's NXT vet role so he can tear the house down with Neville, Zayn, Balor, Itami, Owens, Breeze, and teach Corbin how to work.

• Like 2

Not for nothing but Scorpio Sky seems to be doing alright in MMA, he is currently 2-0.  Now its amateur and not UFC by any means but a pro wrestler can make the transition.

Scorpio Sky had an amateur wrestling background.

What happened to Punk being banged up and concussed? This is an incredibly STUPID midlife crisis that might result in him actually getting hurt. 

It's been 10 months since he's worked. He's obviously healed up by now. And pro wrestling is generally rougher on the body than MMA is.

I get that but if I were 36 years old, banged up and had a history of multiple concussions, I'd want to stay away from things that might involve getting more concussions. 

Best of luck to him and I'll root for him but I have a genuine worry for his safety. I'm into watching dudes get legit hurt, 

David Ferrier, professionally known to pro wrestling fans as Jimmy Backlund in the Florida independent scene, "Gigolo" Jimmy Del Rey to WWF and Smoky Mountain Wrestling fans, and Jimmy Graffiti to WCW fans, passed away last night following what is believed to have been a heart attack, PWInsider.com has confirmed. He was only 52 years old.

The sleaze factor in this country has dropped a good 500% with his sad passing.   Seriously the Heavenly Bodies were one of the more under-rated teams in 90's wrestling especially in Smokey Mountain

Sad news and all, but I don't this doesn't lead to the board being flooded with his pictures. Ever since someone made a child molestation joke about him, that's all I think about when I see him.

Yes, they won't honor him in the picture thread because of you.

Sad news and all, but I don't this doesn't lead to the board being flooded with his pictures. Ever since someone made a child molestation joke about him, that's all I think about when I see him.

Yes, they won't honor him in the picture thread because of you.

:D

Not for nothing but Scorpio Sky seems to be doing alright in MMA, he is currently 2-0.  Now its amateur and not UFC by any means but a pro wrestler can make the transition.

Scorpio Sky had an amateur wrestling background.

What happened to Punk being banged up and concussed? This is an incredibly STUPID midlife crisis that might result in him actually getting hurt. 

It's been 10 months since he's worked. He's obviously healed up by now. And pro wrestling is generally rougher on the body than MMA is.

I get that but if I were 36 years old, banged up and had a history of multiple concussions, I'd want to stay away from things that might involve getting more concussions. 

Best of luck to him and I'll root for him but I have a genuine worry for his safety. I'm into watching dudes get legit hurt, 

You're into some kinky shit.

C'mon Punk, can't you give us a few days without some newz to endlessly discuss/gossip/speculate about.

So last night I realized that the only current WWE main roster wrestler whose matches are always must watch for me is Emma.

I can relate.  It's not quite that bad for me, but, yeah, I could care less about seeing most of the guys getting pushes right now.  Harper, Rollins, Wyatt, Ambrose, etc. seem to be getting crowd reactions, so they probably should be pushed, but they don't do it for me personally.  I still enjoy Cena matches a lot (promos, not so much) and Usos.  Cesaro would probably hook me in if I didn't expect him to job when the opponent is above the level of Fandango or Tyson Kidd.  Other than that, not much in the company is compelling (to me) right now.

I can maybe see the arguments against Wyatt and Rollins (Even if I don't particularly agree with them) but I cannot in any universe fathom being a pro wrestling fan and not being into either Ambrose or Harper (Much less both of them!?!).

• Like 1

David Ferrier, professionally known to pro wrestling fans as Jimmy Backlund in the Florida independent scene, "Gigolo" Jimmy Del Rey to WWF and Smoky Mountain Wrestling fans, and Jimmy Graffiti to WCW fans, passed away last night following what is believed to have been a heart attack, PWInsider.com has confirmed. He was only 52 years old.

The sleaze factor in this country has dropped a good 500% with his sad passing. Seriously the Heavenly Bodies were one of the more under-rated teams in 90's wrestling especially in Smokey Mountain

Heaven just got a little sleazier.

The sleaze factor in this country has dropped a good 500% with his sad passing. Seriously the Heavenly Bodies were one of the more under-rated teams in 90's wrestling especially in Smokey Mountain
Heaven just got a little sleazier.

So ... "Heaven," huh?

• Like 2

I thought to myself, "How can WWE be carnier than Dana White was in signing Brooks to fight in UFC?" Then WWE did a combo "future endeavors"/"find out about the WWE Network" post, proving that Vince McMahon is still King of the Carnies. 

Man, that has to be the pettiest thing Vince has done in awhile.

Punk is one of the most successful wrestlers in recent history. Yet he is clearly the most bitter and bitchiest wrestlers of all time.

Hope he get his ass kicked.

• Like 2

I might just watch that Shawn Michaels/Jimmy Del Ray match from RAW in 1995 today in memoriam. 

There's a really good Malenko/Jimmy Graffiti match on a random 1996 Nitro. Can't remember which one but I'm sure if you search you can find it. I recommend finding it.

Damn it. How many times is CM Punk going to rope me in by pissing on Vince and how many times is WWE going to help by playing stooge to him?

They got me when it was Kayfabe and now they're getting me when it's not.  And I'm sure they'll get me when it is again, which I guess it kind of always is anyway, right?

GODDAMMIT!!!

• Like 1

It's been proven you can reconstruct someone as a top talent in WWE after they've gotten their ass kicked in MMA. So this is pretty much no lose for WWE, which will standing long after the hair up Punk's ass to be an MMA fighter goes away.